Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

end game chat 'gg' was censored

DistortionWolf
DistortionWolf Member Posts: 17
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

I have no idea why saying 'gg' post game chat was censored, it was not an issue last match. Please fix some of the censoring, at times it makes no sense to censor several words that have no malice. *screenshot attached below*

5 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 675

Speaking in the chat is toxic, so everything is censored. Don't try to understand the logic, random words are replaced by some "###" whatever you write.

• I really wish they'd just let us use whatever words we want (ingame and on the forums). Even if there's an argument for censoring slurs and suicide goading, I don't see any reason why we can't use the f-word. It's not like "eff you" or "go eff yourself" has any emotional impact in the current day and age beyond the "you're an idiot" and "git gud, loser, uninstall" that's already explicitly allowed.

And there's even less reason to censor the forums since the tone here is far more conversational and far less combative most of the time, and the mods have easy access to every thread and comment that's posted and are reading them already.

• allMadhere
    allMadhere Member Posts: 101

I just wish it was a setting in options. 'Chat Filter: On / Off.'

It's completely absurd for many reasons. It's an adult game - torture, murder, blood n' guts = perfectly fine. Naughty words = absolutely not? Then aside from that, the filter doesn't even function properly.

'Rancor' is censored... so is 'Vigil'... 'Butt' is censored, while 'ass' is not.

People have always been able to close the chat window and can still do so, makes no sense to control the language of people who elect to use it.

• Fukse
    Fukse Member Posts: 106

literally just make the chat filter toggable, what the actual f is hard with that

• Firethorn
    Firethorn Member Posts: 31

I mean, in a game where you hook and kill people, "Sorry, I didn't mean to kill you", with kill/murder/slaughter all being filtered. The actual names of the characters. "downed" was filtered one game.

It is so inconsistent, I wonder if it isn't actually DBD, but one of the console markets mandating that chats must be filtered, and here's the list of filter words. So you only get filtering if one of the players is on that console. Then you might have a couple game sources with censorship requirements; and most restrictive wins.

IE all steam = no filter, X-Box=Filter A, Playstation=Filter B, etc... Have an X-Box and a PS4 player, you get BOTH filter A and B, and it gets a lot harder to communicate.

• If that were true, Friday the 13th's ingame chat would be censored, but it isn't. And Valve does not give the slightest ######### about swearing, so there'd be no need to censor anything in the PC chat if that were the case.