How Does PTB Work?

Options

I play PS5 but have a decent gaming laptop, and it says it can run DbD fine. I dont want to play DbD on OC personally, but if I can access the PTB it would be interesting to get a feel for the Killers before buying. My question though is regarding how PTBs work. Are you automatically given BP, are perks fully unlocked, are all Killers/Survivors unlocked, or is it tied to your PC account.

Comments

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    edited September 2022
    Options

If you don't already play on PC, but you're interested in doing it just for PTB, you will want to play on PC until you accumulate 2mil BP.

Unfortunately, and somewhat illogically, BHVR does not hand out bloodpoints for the PTB--you have to unlock everything as if it was the regular game. The new content will already be unlocked for you, but new killers and survivors will be Level 1.

The PTB takes a save file from some earlier point (I think like 2 weeks before the PTB), and uses that in the PTB.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

It copies the progress from your account on live. If you have zero perks unlocked and no bp then you'll have to grind your way to the build you want to use.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 372
    Options

About 2 weeks before the PTB they copy your current progress at a snapshot in time from the Steam version of the game and that's what you have on the PTB.