We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Is there a canon thing between nurse and wraith?

Options
HoodedWildKard
HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
edited September 2022 in Lore

So I've come across one of the wraith's outfits that suggests he tries to woo the nurse, and the nurse has an outfit using the same name. Also was looking at the wraith's page on the dbd wiki and there's an image in the gallery of him dancing with the nurse.

Is this a genuine canon thing? The pic could be fan art but the outfit has an on game description that the wraith sings to the nurse and wants to be together with her.

Comments

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 961
    Options

The artwork you're referring to is official artwork for an outfit collection. This is indeed canon.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,177
    Options

I think it was stated that outfits and their descriptions are not actually canon? Could be wrong about that though..

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

The canon is there's multiverse in dbd. Observer talks about that, half of arcus entries are about that. Even Dwight The King is canon! Sort of. Not like the only existed one.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 673
    Options

Yes. Irc there’s a video somewhere of a dev saying this particular thing is canon. Kinda strange considering we know a lot about the killers and survivors before the entity’s realm but next to nothing after that. However we do know this. So Philip and Sally must have had some way to meet and have a nice dance somewhere.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

Yea, it's all canon and also kind of not? Like there are many alternate universes and many of the outfits are as such. Like if you go 100% by the Legion base lore, then they were taken right after their first kill. Well, if that's the case then there is no way that Susie was in Chinatown during the Year of the Rat to steal her "New Year's Shoplifter" outfit and stab a guy in an alley. So, my theory at least is that The Entity takes them, and then kind of merges all of the realities they exist in. So again, my theory, but while Nurse and Wraith may not have met in The Entity's realm, they have in one of the many multiverse dimensions.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Yes.

The Wraith is a tulpa that was created by the nurse. She's very lonely.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

I always felt that it never specified that guy died. Just that he was left in the alley bleeding. So it was more assault rather than murder.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Mccote in an interview with the king actually implied that there's only one version of a character currently in the realm, like as if only one is able to be present at a time.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,989
    Options

I don't think so. I don't know how people think its canon. not like they would ever meet each other