I'm pretty sure I asked this before

But if Doc was to use Plaything, would the survivors still get shocked from SB or are they considered "not in the TR"

Comments

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

Doctor Shock should negate oblivious status effect. I wonder what's gonna happen with Plaything tho, i never see it on Doctors.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

It feels like something that would work so well with him, because you're always so used to hearing Doc's radius when you're facing him

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Doctor’s static blast is the only terror-radius based thing in the game that still works through oblivious.

Admittedly I’m not sure exactly what it means in his power description when it says it “negates the oblivious status effect”, whether that means it just works through it, or if it outright removes the effect. I’ve never tried that, but I do know that at the very least you still get shocked.

With other stuff like Legion or terror radius perks like starstruck, unnerving, etc., you’re considered not in the terror radius so it doesn’t work.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    edited September 2022

Oblivious is a status that applies to survivors, while Undetectable is a status that applies to killers.

Both are easily misunderstood for survivors, where TRs disappear.

The Doctor's Blast occurs within the TR that the Doctor has.

In the case of Undetectable, it is meaningless because the TR has disappeared from the doctor himself.

But in the case of Oblivious, the TR is not known to the survivor to whom it is applied, but the TR does not disappear from the doctor himself.

Therefore, it is affected by the blast.

In other words, Plaything cries out for a blast to apply Oblivious.

I may have made a mistake. Here's the truth.