We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Should Trapper keep the OG chase music?

Almost all of the Killers now have a unique Chase music exept a few and those who are left will most likely get one soon.

The OG Chase music has been with us for years and I would be sad If it got removed so I think at least one Killer should keep it.

In my opinion it should be Trapper as he is the main representative of the game but in the other hand I don't want him to be left out of an awesome Chase music.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,198

Personally I think they should just redo all the chase music. Maybe the OG chase themes can be an easter egg you can do or something, kind of like the golden toolboxes or that one chest in Midwich.

I think it would be neat if Trapper had the beat to his chase music be the sound of traps going off in the distance. Or Wraith's chase music having bells playings.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

I think that Wraith and Billy (and nurse maybe?) could keep the original too, or perhaps they could get a simple remix that maintains the original tone.

I would love for other killer to get their own chase music. Seeing the awesome work BHVRs composers did with a lot of killer's themes, I believe they could come up with some awesome and fitting music for killers like Plague and Hag

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Trapper should definitely keep og music. I'm not a fan of most of the custom music and wish I could have an option to only hear the og music.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Basegame-Killers should keep it. every killer after Huntress should receive their own (so basically all DLC-Killers).

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Wouldn't it be cool if we had options which allowed us to choose the music?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I guess some licensed killers are unlikely to get unique chase music (Freddy for example, also Bubba and Pig, I feel like we should have gotten their chase music already as we got other stuff changed/added for them..)

But… Billy already doesn’t have the original anymore…

(I mean, fair enough, he got so rare that you can easily forget about him..)

• I feel like chase music for The Pig would be the easiest one to do since the 'Hello Zepp' music is so iconic. It would literally be a no brainer if they were planning on doing it. Which knocks my hopes of the three getting their own chase music.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 2,006

(I made a thread a while ago to talk about chase music, Im just gonna copy/paste here)

If they make new chase music for every killer remaining without one (Trapper, Wraith, Nurse, Huntress, Cannibal, Hag, Plague, Pig and Nightmare) what happens with the generic music the game already has? I don't think I am okay with removing all of them from the game, I really enjoy every single track. So my suggestion would be to spread the tracks among the killers. Here is what each killer should have:

Trapper (Blood Trail)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF46p6dx2z4

This song is the definition of "classic" for Dbd, in my opinion. That's why it should be Trapper's main theme, you know, since Trapper is one of the first killers in the game.

Wraith

https://youtu.be/CetwqvTr0VA?t=1643

(I couldn't find it on youtube, so please if you have a link post in the comments)

The best chase music for Wraith for a single reason: It sounds so urgent and right in your face, perfect for a stealthy killer with a potential for jump scares, and to start chases out of nowhere.

Nurse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-8JYXdGVQ

The nearby part of the music has a bassline that could be mistaken for a very fast heartbeat, and the actual chase part has a very weird high-pitched noise sounding like an instrument, maybe surgical. Perfect for hospital themes.

Hag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXs1iLIB8Yc

I don't trust people who don't agree this music is perfect for Hag. The nearby part has that funky rhythm that fits the way Hag runs perfectly, almost as if she is dancing to the music. The chase part contains a spooky "uuuuuuh uuuuh" sound very reminiscent of tribal chants. The percussion also sounds like tribal dance music.

Cannibal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoeuIpFEb1k

(Personal story) When I started playing this game I wasn't used to everything the game could offer, I thought this was an exclusive track for Leatherface. I had a really scary match in Hawkins against a Cannibal that only used m1. Hearing the nearby part whilst trying to take cover somewhere was butt-clenching. Regardless of personal experiences, the "really close" part of the music has a sawblade sound, perfect for chainsaw killers. And the "far" part matches very well how Cannibal runs, in my opinion.

Huntress (Closing In)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_zcJuw1S0

Now, this is a hard one. "Closing In" is my favourite track on this list and one of my favourites overall. Huntress is the most common killer in the game, so it's a win-win situation here. However, I do believe Huntress deserves her own chase music. I also believe Plague, Pig and Nightmare deserve their own music. But of all these killers I much rather Huntress have the theme instead of the others. I don't want to hear my fav track once every week.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,348

No, his new music should be an instrumental rendition of “It’s all coming back to me now”.

• Ladyinadress18
    Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243

I think it would be great to complete more “difficult” challenges to earn killer chase music

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,555

the old music, while very fitting for a generic chase, is uninspired and does not tailor to the old killers very well.

Trapper needs traps and metal clanging in his music

Wraith needs bells

Nurse needs the breath and voices of the people she suffocated.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2022

Ghostface has received one not long ago, so I assume its possible for the Licensed-Characters who did not received one yet to get their own.

Hello Zepp is, of course, a absolute NO BRAINER and the only real chase-music, I wanna hear.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Of course he should. He is the face of DbD.

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219

I mean Trapper is the DBD mascot pretty much. If anyone should keep the OG music, it should def be him. I like the music, but not on multiple Killers.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 226

He should get “Here comes the Trapper:Ginger Snaps!”

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Yes yes yes yes a million times yes.

The Default have to stay in the game, no reason to remove them. And trapper is the best option for this considering he was the first.

I wanted Wraith and Billy too, but too late for that.

Sure, we're used to it. But in due time it'd be unique that this one killer has multiple themes.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,151

They can just make a option to turn og chase music on or off.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Any Trapper chase music that isn't "Here comes the Trapper" is a non starter, and shouldn't even be considered

*jazz hands*

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Hillbilly getting it cut it for me. Its gotta be all three or just Trapper.

• Valaryyn
    Valaryyn Member Posts: 76

What about a Trapper skin where the terror radius plays "gingersnaps" at varying volume? I bet Sam would be game to give the rights to BHVR.