Hackers have found a way to block reporting.

Options
powerbats
powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

I just had a game where a Hillbilly using BBQ still ran straight towards survivors even when they were under the range trigger. He nailed ppl across the map long after the 4 seconds were up and knew right where everyone was. He was also lag switching because every time someone tried to unhook the animation got cancelled and you had to restart.

The post game report screen he couldn't be reported for anything at all which is the 2nd time when someone's been apparently hacking they can't be reported for it.

Comments

• powerbats
    edited June 2018
    Options

@RemoveSWF said:
    Either that or the devs broke the report button again (not that it does anything anyway).

The funny thing is it seems to work and then not work. Although I've had a lot of quitters recently and I try and report them and the really toxic jerks every time. I wonder if @not_Queen knows anything?

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

So the placebo report that doesn't do anything don't work?

And?

That's all?

You know than people don't get banned if you use the ingame report, right?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2018
    Options
    lol there is no hack that affects your UI because thats on your client, not the hosts.

more likely you got rekt by a good killer, got upset, and made a forum post about it.

and lol did powerbats just claim that he reports people who dc? hilarious 

dont worry, you will get better, just keep trying.
  • powerbats
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

And?

That's all?

Pretty much but doesn't hurt inc ase they finally do something about it.

• powerbats
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    lol there is no hack that affects your UI because thats on your client, not the hosts.

more likely you got rekt by a good killer, got upset, and made a forum post about it.

Still trying and failing with those insults, it's pretty pathetic you'd follow me into another thread just to try and fail again to troll me. Also hillbilly that camps hooks just out of range doesn't make them a good killer. Lastly I've always reported quitters and unlike you i've never quit either as a killer or survivor.

But unlike you I don't pussy out and quit just because somethings too hard, I try my best and if I die or don't get everyone so what. But go ahead and try insulting me with some more worthless insults that don't work.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

And?

That's all?

i can not even begin to imagine all the reporting they must have to sort through given all the drama i see here.  these people....are out there....being all emotional....over everything.
  • powerbats
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Dragonredking said:

And?

That's all?

i can not even begin to imagine all the reporting they must have to sort through given all the drama i see here.  these people....are out there....being all emotional....over everything.

Most likely like all the game devs they probably have an automated detection system that flags the account once it gets enough reports for the system to check on it. If the system determines the reports are valid it's either programmed to handle punishments itself or if uncertain flag it for further review.

Blizzard when WOW came out used to do everything manually but once it exploded they automated most everything and the gm's usually only got involved on certain occasions or if they weren't busy.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    yes, i would imagine.  a blessing to have that technology.
  • Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

Still trying and failing with those insults, it's pretty pathetic you'd follow me into another thread just to try and fail again to troll me. Also hillbilly that camps hooks just out of range doesn't make them a good killer. Lastly I've always reported quitters and unlike you i've never quit either as a killer or survivor.

But unlike you I don't pussy out and quit just because somethings too hard, I try my best and if I die or don't get everyone so what. But go ahead and try insulting me with some more worthless insults that don't work.

lol the salt. i wasnt insulting you. i was simply stating that you most likely just died to a good killer and are mad about it so you made a forum post. dont worry, its common around here.

i was simply commenting on a post. please dont have yet another meltdown  :) 

• powerbats
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

lol the salt. i wasnt insulting you. i was simply stating that you most likely just died to a good killer and are mad about it so you made a forum post. dont worry, its common around here.

i was simply commenting on a post. please dont have yet another meltdown  :) 

Still nothing and don't lie, you're just mad because I called you out on it. But again that's all you can do is try and insult and then act like that's not what you did. Besides if I get outplayed by a good or great killer I give them props post game because they were the better player.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

I think a friend of mine also mentioned she couldn't click the report button anymore after she wrote an ingame report about one player.
    I wouldn't assume it to be hack. It's probably a bug, it's more likely a client issue than a hack and I would try to write it as such into the bug forum.

• Lowbei
    Options

I think a friend of mine also mentioned she couldn't click the report button anymore after she wrote an ingame report about one player.
    I wouldn't assume it to be hack. It's probably a bug, it's more likely a client issue than a hack and I would try to write it as such into the bug forum.

yeah. people (like the OP) get salty and accuse anyone who beats them of hacking these days. 
  • powerbats
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Freudentrauma said:

yeah. people (like the OP) get salty and accuse anyone who beats them of hacking these days. 

Still trying and failing with those insults, it's amazing you claim one thing yet I've not flooded the forums with posts neither. You know I told you already facts are stubborn things and you obviously have a problem with them. In the 100's of games of DBD I've played I've seen 4 possible hackers.

In all the online forums your're the worst troll so far and 6 year olds could deliver better insults and more subtly then you. But keep being salty, eventually you might actually get a good insult off.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

So you're telling us that someone hacked into your client? I'm pretty sure reporting is client bound and has nothing to do with the host :)

• Lowbei
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:
    Freudentrauma said:

Still trying and failing with those insults, it's amazing you claim one thing yet I've not flooded the forums with posts neither. You know I told you already facts are stubborn things and you obviously have a problem with them. In the 100's of games of DBD I've played I've seen 4 possible hackers.

In all the online forums your're the worst troll so far and 6 year olds could deliver better insults and more subtly then you. But keep being salty, eventually you might actually get a good insult off.

lol stop having a meltdown. you need to hide from the killer better. nobody hacked you.

next time you lose a game, dont come whining to the forums about hacks.
  • powerbats
    Options

@Nick said:
    So you're telling us that someone hacked into your client? I'm pretty sure reporting is client bound and has nothing to do with the host :)

I never said anyone hacked my client now did I and if someone is doing something on their side since you're still connected to them it's possible. Since lag switching is a known issue by the host sometimes it's entirely reasonable to assume they might be interfering with that as well. But again without a comment from the devs there's really no way to know for sure.

• TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    Options

I think reporting is just broken. The game right before I reported 2 people for throwing and then the game right after I couldn't give props. So it works then it doesn't.

• Lowbei
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Nick said:

I never said anyone hacked my client now did I and if someone is doing something on their side since you're still connected to them it's possible. Since lag switching is a known issue by the host sometimes it's entirely reasonable to assume they might be interfering with that as well. But again without a comment from the devs there's really no way to know for sure.

lol there is, literally, no way for the killer to affect your UI. you didnt get hacked. you are salty about losing a match, thats all.

git gud.