Do you remember when killer said they wouldnt camp if they got buffs and other things are easier?

2»

Comments

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

The changes made for killer are terrible, objectively. Here is the issue, buffing killer was not the issue, the issue is they did it in a way where 12 hooking, is just as hard as it allays has been. For killer who play like that very little has changed. However killers who camp and tunnel, these slight numbers are massive changes, we're talking about the difference between 3-1 gens popping per the first chase. The devs did not adddress the biggest issue as to why killer both did not need and should not have received any buffs. If killers on average can get a down by 1st gen, what is preventing them from camping that survivor and securing 2 killers every match? This patch rewards this playstyle and to be honest, this has encouraged people to paly like this.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

It's not because of BBQ, lol. Those strategies were made even stronger because of the survivor nerfs and killer buffs. Killers are gonna play scummy until it's no longer rewarded as much as it currently is. They need to punish those things a lot more.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,856

I never camp, but until last patch, I only ran one gen control perk. Now everyone is running prove thyself and hyperfocus while running bnp. Gens fly so fast, now I HAVE to stack heavy gen control perks. Granted, my main is Ghostface, so he loses a load of time with his mechanics. He can't afford to not run heavy gen perks due to his set up needs. I'd absolutely love to drop gen control perks, as they are so boring to run.

I wish they'd entirely remove gen repair speed, kicks and gen regression perks and just have them consistent with auto slow regression. That would leave us room for more fun perks. For both sides.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I mean, inbuild BT with speed bonus that stacks on top with normal BT is a pretty neat survivor buff.

Punishing people for playing will never work. Only rewarding people for playing in a desired way works. Devs took the reward for leaving the hook away and the amount of camping increased. Its not like people said that this exact thing would happen.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,619

punish the killer even more and you'll find yourself playing with bots... the problem isn't that those strategies are too much effective, the problem is that you are forced to do them in order to keep up the pace with the survivors and their goal. For that matter you should gave more reasons for the killers in order to play in a certain way, not punish it for doing the exact same thing that survivors most of the times did (aka rush their goal)

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

I was never a Camper and i barely even tunnelled, only if i was absolutly mad at someone, my feedback from 6.1.0 PTB was spectacularly positive not only the changes made my way of playing better because it felt fairer BUT THE PSEUDO ENDURANCE META actually helped me, people wanting to tank everything made the game much more interactive, i could hit people left and right and get hook after hook, I WAS HAPPY during that PTB.

Alas the Enurance PSEUDO META never came to actually be and people just went back to do gens... Comes new Chapter and BHVR went with Hyperfocus. Just why!? If they say the numbers are where they like why would they introduce something like Hyperfocus? You're giving everyone who thinks 10 seconds on gens is too much a much greater tool than even Toolboxes, negating whatever effect those 10 seconds had.

Reality is right now my time is 80% survivor, not that i'm trying to rush gens but because i can play Ada Wong, that's the one thing i got from 2 RE chapters, just Ada. and it's not a fantasy thing, i'd buy the RE killer if it was a Licker or Verdugo for example but AbomiNemesis i'll never buy and to me Wesker is one big Global Saturated MEME so i won't get him either. I could get Leon, he is my favourite RE character but that first RE chapter was a massive disapointment so i never got anything from it.

anyway, if i'm not playing Ada i'm on Cheryl or just old reliable Meg. I'll swap character for specific daily rituals but that aside i'm running Sneaky Ada or Medic Cheryl.

AS far as killer goes i'm playing Sadako, GF and Spirit so my needs for Camping and tunnelling are very reduced. GF can be the sneakiest, most annoying prankster of all and Sadako and Spirit never need to Camp or tunnel so my needs and playstyle are satisfied. If i want to change killers i'll use Pyramid Head or good Old Annoying Legion! Julie ftw, Susie is goddamn rat!

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137

The real issue is that BHVR is so so averse to regulating how people play. They want to fix the issues from inside the game's framework. Camping and tunneling are a ######### game experience, they're not fun. But they're also not 'against the rules' and the people who make the rules won't change them.In plenty of other games, you can get punished for being toxic, but not here. No matter how awful it is to play with you, so long as you aren't hacking, you aren't culpable for how you play.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

IDK I am a low-mid mmr survivor who duos with a survivor main and killer's maybe camp 1/4 of my games but not really. If it's huntress it's pretty much guaranteed but other than that it's pretty rare. I would imagine low mmr killer's are the ones who camp the most due to them not really knowing how to pressure correctly.

Uh they can, camping is never worth it unless there is less than 15-20 seconds left until stage 2 or death. Tunneling is way more effective. Camping is mid at best, especially face camping.

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322

The buff patch has disproven that rewarding helps. They even play scummier now. So i think it should start punishing killers harder, than just less Bloodpoints.

• drakolyr

Same could be said about survivors.

The best chance not get camped and tunneled is doing the game fast and doing gens fast. So its not just killers forced to do it, Survivors as well.

I rather do my games fast and escape, than sitting on hook until i die.

• Tsulan

How did the patch dispove that? If anything, it confirmed that taking away the bloodpoint reward, increased camping.

• drakolyr

They litterly buffed everything else, which is kinda more rewarding.

• Tsulan

No, its not. There was absolutely nothing in the patch. That rewarded killers for leaving the hook. The only reward we had, was removed. So of course, the camping increased.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,619

As you said it's a cycle that only devs can broke... but at this point you should know well that this won't happen. Doing the gen fast prevent camping and tunneling? On that matter i strongly disagree, especially if i should consider my personal experience: back in the 2019 i had fun, without resorting to camping and tunneling, match were a lot more balanced and chill despite broken stuff was present in the game and when i was defeated i felt that those people really deserve the win... now it became a sweatfest for rushing the main objective as fast as possible (both sides)... i won't tell you that rewarding players for playing in a certain way will completely erase camping and tunneling/genrushing since this is a straight up lie (even if the devs will eventually release a specific mechanics that will make those tactics more difficult to do since certain people do it only for getting salt from others/winning at all costs), but it will surely make the game a lot healthier/fun than now.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

People never realised how healthy the old BBQ was for game. While I understand BHVRs stance that they wanted to open up more design space and not auto slot one of the 4 perks, a sad reality that I had felt myself, it incentivised killersto try to hook every survivor atleast once, spreading the love. Some killer players even made getting all 4 stacks their main objective.

And while you hooked survivors, you naturally saw the auras of some far away survivors, often leading to you leaving the hook and go investigating.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

Well it's hard not to camp if EVERYTHING is considered camping in any game where survivors lose :)) Try to not camp according to their personal opinions

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah I didn’t realise that the killer forum committee spoke for all players.

Pack up your tents folks the committee has spoken!

Promises were made, deals negotiated, hands shook, all player freedom of choice is to cease immediately.

Do not defy the committee, their rule is law.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Again the wrong things were changed:

Ruin- Nerfed to 100% Gen regression (for what reason again.... oh, it was the fact that it was used a lot)

DS- Nerfed to 3 seconds (for what reason again... oh, the fact that it was used a lot)

2.5% regression on Gen kicks- it wasn't the right way to do it... plus it wasn't enough

Overcharge- Buffed to potentially increase Gen regression (75%- 200% after 30 seconds)... but keeping that stupid skillcheck that should disappear when the Survivor lets go of the Gen (which will result in a failed skillcheck)

Call Of Brine- wasn't changed but I would like to say that changing the Gen aura to yellow and alerting the Killer when a Survivor hits a good skillcheck is a bit much... why not give that part to Surveillance?

Faster hit recovery- why? this wasn't needed

Why not increase the base Gen regression (while making changes to the regression perks)???

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

Well the way people portray it, I can just face camp the first person I down with Ghost Face and get 3 or 4 kills.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372
    edited September 2022

You dont need a 4 kill every game. It IS ptetty easy to get a 3 or 2 kill without camping and tunneling.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

Objectively wrong. Try playing against people who know how to play well.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 226

You don’t need a four escape every match.You don’t need a 1-3 escape every match.why is it killers are supposed to except not completing their objectives but survivors are always supposed to escape?

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I think the devs were on the right track though. Buff the killers enough so that they don't feel the need to tunnel, but on the other hand tunneling itself should be made waaay less rewarding.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited September 2022

Literally a lot of us were saying that removing the bp bonus from bbq would increase camping Both killers and survivors have said that and would you look at that camping and tunneling has increased

Who would've thunk

• Majin151
    edited September 2022

Literally one of the most healthy perks in the game

Like if they wanted to free up a perk slot they should've made the bbq stack bonus for hooks base kit

• Majin151

Ok where's the buff that incentivises killer to leave the hook?

Old bbq had something that got killers to leave the hook with

• drakolyr

You mean faster Bloodlust in chase?

Longer Gen times?

Faster recovery from hitting, breaking Pallets and going trough windows?

Survivors get less distance after being hit?

Littery things to leave the hoo, go to gens or chase, made better.

Dont forget the buffs to gen regression, where you can focus more on chases.

• Majin151
    edited September 2022

Camping/would be camper killer: let's see leave hooks for no reason if I decide not to run current bbq for a slightly easier chase and risk losing guaranteed pressure ot a guaranteed 2nd hook state with a possible grab hmmm such a hard choice

Meanwhile a would be camper with old bbq: oh there's my next target getting these stacks will take no time *leaves hook*

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited September 2022

If you give a group of 10 people five pennies each, but a separate person a single dollar, who won out?

The basekit pop barely even offsets the time it takes to kick the gen, and they lost a perk that did a flat 25% regression to get it. The quantity over quality meme about those changes is kinda baffling if i'm honest, since they not only don't add up, but they involve forced duration cadences: If that 0.2 second faster blade wipe paired with that 4 less meters gained by the survivor still ends with you getting smacked in the face by a pallet instead of landing your lunge (or even trading,) then it has done literally nothing for you in that exchange. You could make the same argument for the 5 seconds of BT+haste, so they decided to buff both to boot so that even in the basement it is now impossible to prevent someone from reaching the window or pallet unless you are able to bodyblock them for at least 2-3 seconds. Their value isn't even comparable.

• drakolyr
    edited September 2022

Well, its clear that camping and tunneling is effective right now. But its not like you got buffs etc to make other things more worthy. You just proofed why i wrote this thread.

Just because you dont get value out of it, doesnt mean everyone dont get.

Saw many games were gen regression was really good.

Also 10% is much. Especially in multiple chases. It even creates dead zones faster.

The game is designed that you sometimes get pallets in your face. Chases shouldnt be just free downs.

And tunneling had not much counterplay after the update, since DS was nerfed etc. And everything should have a counterplay, so Base Kit BT is fine. Switch target or tunnel anyway. You can avoid the base kit BT.

I still think tunneling and camping shouldnt be rewarding at all.

• Majin151

Oh please we warned people that getting rid of bbq stacks would lead to more camping no matter the buffs you're acting like those buffs offset bbq stacks when they don't not even close

• drakolyr

I'm pretty sure its not just BBQ, its a combo of many things. You know, survivors got theirs also removed, so its not just killers....

• Majin151
    edited September 2022

Doesn't matter the stacks incentivised killers to leave hook even ones that couldn't take advantage of the aura reading there's a reason why it was one of the most used killer perks

And like we predicted killers started camping more after stacks got removed

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

So you're either insinscere and want to exagerate the changes as much as possible to try to attempt to be more convincing, or you just honestly don't understand any of the values involved. Either way feel free to hold your opinion, but you clearly have no intention of learning anything new. Cheers.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

Things are not easy for killer.

• drakolyr

Same could be said about you or others. Shrug

Have a nice day.