Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

"How frustrating is it to play against a hacker?"

Why is this question even in the survey?

So, if enough people answer "Well, I have no problem playing with a hacker when he is a fellow survivor as long as they don't take the game hostage and give me a free escape" we can keep them? Or what is the purpose of this question?

I think I lost a few braincells when reading this survey...

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I'd imagine it's to gauge how frustrated the respondent is with the hacker problem, no?

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited September 2022

Who wrote this question I swear

"How frustrating is it to have a normal match completely derailed/rendered essentially pointless"

How frustrating do you think, whoever wrote this question?

How frustrating do you think it is to que up for a Killer game, only to be held hostage and forced to eat the DC penalty system that you put in place

How frustrating do you think it is to be playing a regular match until some guy with their parents credit card starts griefing the killer, rendering the whole thing pointless

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I don't understand the point of this question at all.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

If I was pessimistic, I'd say it's a lazy attempt at damage control - as in this question wasn't on the survey originally but given recent events they added it in to try and quell the flames.

I'm not pessimistic, but if I was that's how I'd think of it.

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341

They shouldnt have to ask. It comes across as immensely tone deaf. “Well we know there’s a hacker situation but if people are having fun with it then we’ll take our time dealing with it like we do everything else that isn’t deemed a ‘priority’”

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

My first thought was that there may be matches for survivors that aren’t frustrating if a fellow survivor is hacking but being a killer player too I get a ton of second hand frustration from those situations too. I’ve also seen hacking survivors make the game unenjoyable for their teammates too.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

My assumption is that it's there to contextualise the other answers from any given person, and to get a read on how many people feel that hackers are ruining their matches personally. It's the same reason the "how many hackers do you face" question is there- it's not there to get an objective measure, it's there to get a feeling for how many hackers that respondent thinks they're facing.

I just think it's weird people are acting like a satisfaction survey asking how they feel about something is somehow unexpected, honestly.