"How frustrating is it to play against a hacker?"

Options

Why is this question even in the survey?

So, if enough people answer "Well, I have no problem playing with a hacker when he is a fellow survivor as long as they don't take the game hostage and give me a free escape" we can keep them? Or what is the purpose of this question?

I think I lost a few braincells when reading this survey...

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,131
    Options

I'd imagine it's to gauge how frustrated the respondent is with the hacker problem, no?

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    edited September 2022
    Options

Who wrote this question I swear

"How frustrating is it to have a normal match completely derailed/rendered essentially pointless"

How frustrating do you think, whoever wrote this question?

How frustrating do you think it is to que up for a Killer game, only to be held hostage and forced to eat the DC penalty system that you put in place

How frustrating do you think it is to be playing a regular match until some guy with their parents credit card starts griefing the killer, rendering the whole thing pointless

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

I don't understand the point of this question at all.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

If I was pessimistic, I'd say it's a lazy attempt at damage control - as in this question wasn't on the survey originally but given recent events they added it in to try and quell the flames.

I'm not pessimistic, but if I was that's how I'd think of it.

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341
    Options

They shouldnt have to ask. It comes across as immensely tone deaf. “Well we know there’s a hacker situation but if people are having fun with it then we’ll take our time dealing with it like we do everything else that isn’t deemed a ‘priority’”

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

My first thought was that there may be matches for survivors that aren’t frustrating if a fellow survivor is hacking but being a killer player too I get a ton of second hand frustration from those situations too. I’ve also seen hacking survivors make the game unenjoyable for their teammates too.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,131
    Options

My assumption is that it's there to contextualise the other answers from any given person, and to get a read on how many people feel that hackers are ruining their matches personally. It's the same reason the "how many hackers do you face" question is there- it's not there to get an objective measure, it's there to get a feeling for how many hackers that respondent thinks they're facing.

I just think it's weird people are acting like a satisfaction survey asking how they feel about something is somehow unexpected, honestly.