Audio disbalance needs fix

Chase music and any other music is way to load. Meanwhile footsteps, gens etc are to quite. I have to walk really close to hear if someone is working on it.
BHVR pls, u F-ed up the sound already once in the engine update back then in 2016, pls don't make it worse again.

Comments

• luxurycroft
    luxurycroft Member Posts: 14
    Yeah the audio is really unbalanced now. For example I can’t hear footsteps as killer anymore which is pretty disorienting.. As survivor the chase music is way to loud and the heartbeat sounds too far away. It’s very confusing when you’re used to the old (and good) audios. Also the Bass in general is low now which affects the sound of the heartbeat as well. Please fix this asap!
  • Farabee
    Farabee Member Posts: 20

As someone who produces music part-time I was able to identify the issue immediately. The main mix of the audio appears to be run through a compressor/limiter now to make it as LOUD as possible. The side effect is that dynamics are completely gone. As noted above, this also kills the bass response of the overall sound output as well.

For an idea of what this means and how this is damaging the overall audio quality check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ

In this case there is some MASSIVE hard limiting of the sound (we're talking crappy mid-2000s dubstep level here) to the point where the overall quality is distorted. Playing the game in headphones used to give me an edge as a killer, now it just gives me a headache.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Farabee said:

As someone who produces music part-time I was able to identify the issue immediately. The main mix of the audio appears to be run through a compressor/limiter now to make it as LOUD as possible. The side effect is that dynamics are completely gone. As noted above, this also kills the bass response of the overall sound output as well.

For an idea of what this means and how this is damaging the overall audio quality check out this video: image

In this case there is some MASSIVE hard limiting of the sound (we're talking crappy mid-2000s dubstep level here) to the point where the overall quality is distorted. Playing the game in headphones used to give me an edge as a killer, now it just gives me a headache.

@not_Queen take a look to this and please deliver this to the sound team or whoever is responsible for the sound to fix it