The average SWF group, has little to no discernable difference compared to solo players.

2»

Comments

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

Averages don't take into consideration the wider player base, though.

Have you ever gone against a 4-man SWF who brings sabo/gen-rushing builds, petrified oaks, and a Game offering? It's a miserable experience and 99% of the time it ends in all four of them teabagging at the exit gate. In contrast, play solo-queue and due to whatever the current MMR system is you get paired with people who don't understand the game. You get left on hook to second stage (or left to die in some cases), no gens get done, people self-care in the corner of the map, etc. Just because some abstract statistic says there's not a huge gap between SWF/solo-queue, it doesn't mean it's not there.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,678

SWFs should have their MMR calculated higher than it currently is, to bridge the survival rate gap between solo q and SWF.

This might require for SWFs to have a higher MMR soft cap than solo q and killers.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I have no idea how you think survivors that play solo q want their teammates to “Carry them to victory”. You cannot win a game when you’re the only competent survivor on the entire team. That’s why people complain about solo q.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

I think the general problem is that everyone always assumes they're the only competent survivor on the team. While it may be true for a single match or even a series, it's almost not certainly true 100% of the time.

It's an example of something known as the actor-observer bias (random link: https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-actor-observer-bias-2794813). In summary, you attribute personal successes to internal reasons (I'm good at the game) and personal failures to external causes (My team sucks, the other team has an unfair advantage as they're using comms). You also will tend to attribute others' successes to external causes (They got lucky) and others' failures to internal causes (My team sucks, the killer is just bad at the game and is camping/tunneling).

The reality is that our own personal successes and failures are always due to a combination of both internal and external causes and the same is true of others' successes and failures. This bias isn't really a problem in most cases. It is a way for the brain to protect itself from becoming depressed or overly harsh on itself. But, it is a bit of a problem when it comes to empathizing with other people and maintaining healthy relationships. It can also interfere in your ability to recognize your own personal failures and improve on them if that's a thing that you enjoy. If you don't really care about improving and don't care about the feelings or opinions of strangers, it's not very helpful to treat yourself harshly for no reason.

There's definitely been times when I've thought, "My team sucks we're going to lose." Sometimes I'm right! Sometimes I go down 10 seconds into a chase and think, "Oh! That's why they're going down. The killer is cracked." Sometimes it's a mix where my team did something stupid but they may not have had the same information I had or they just made a mistake because it's a video game and the results don't matter?

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 308

"Mom! If he gets something I want something, too!" One problem at a time, boy.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

High MMR swf I think is pretty brutal. My swf actually play about on par with soloq (it's usually only a 3 man, and 2 of the 3 of us can't run the killer for sh*t but at least we stay on gens)

I think soloq does need a "buff". That could come in all sorts of forms tho and we should really take the debate there. Is basekit kindred too much? Could hud status icons be helpful? Should a feature literally only activate if you did queue by yourself or is it just added to all survivors as something that MAINLY benefits soloq? Do we not do any of that and just buff perks that come in clutch for the lack of communication (like kindred or aftercare)?

All and all I think swf makes a pretty nasty difference at higher MMR and if we can't or shouldn't find a way to "nerf" them buffing soloq seems fair to me.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Solo queue does 100% need information buffs. If BHVR were to balance for solos then SWFs that know what they're doing would make Killer extremely difficult. If solos get more information then BHVR can justify balancing for SWFs and solos would still do better than now if they know what they're doing.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Now the real question is: will people actually stop whining if solo got fixed?

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I'd be fine with them buffing solos to SWF levels if it meant better balance across the game.