Wesker grab blocks exit gate ??

Options
smartemarte
smartemarte Member Posts: 254
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

bad team mates all night , I finally get a good team, I take a protection hit for a survivor for us to escape through open gate, i get slammed and the exit gate blocks like blood warden and i cant escape while everyone else does ???

is this a bug because the other survivors walked out exactly the same time.... no perks for it and I can't see anything in Weskers text to say it does ??

Comments

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

i'm beyond sick of it

solo survivor i'm constantly matched with bad players that can't stay up for more than 10 seconds vs m1 killers, 5 or 6 games in a row dead and the one game i'm about to escape I don't because of them adding "features" without actually stating that its a feature :./

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

Did you tried to escape after the grap I have at least been able to make it out if wesker has grapped me while healthy at the gate. The block is only there for few secs and while he downs you with m1 you can get out.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

The only time the blocker will make a difference is if you are injured and get tossed into the wall and go down. If you are healthy and just run into the wall weskers cooldown is long enough he cannot injure you via an m1 or another bound before you get through

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

It is a bit bugged right now. 2 times now I have grabbed an injured survivor at the gate and I pick up the survivor, but the game says they have escaped. Meanwhile I am holding them and can take them to a hook. I don't get the kill, though.

If they were at the gate and left on their screen but not on mine due to ping I would understand, but this is before they are at the barrier, I slam them against the wall and it says they escape. Rather frustrating.

It isn't every time, though. Other times I have grabbed them and they don’t escape, and I hook them.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

just like victor if u get downed or hit u get blocked for a bit

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Its something that needs to be implemented on more killers and powers.

If you down a survivor on gate? Blocked. Pretty simple.

Not all though. If the power only injured it shouldn't block them. If it downs? Maybe, I'm thinking not huntresses hatches though stuff like that.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

This also includes Cenobite's possessed chain and even the passive chains if a survivor was caught by one in a gate. However, Wesker's gate blocker via Bound is much weaker than Cenobite and Twins' vs Healthy survivors.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    Options

The blocker isn't long enough that a healthy survivor can't escape if they were grabbed by Wesker. It has a niche purpose of allowing Wesker to throw injured survivors into the exit gate and be able to pick them up without them just escaping.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

It doesn’t prevent an escape.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 879
    Options

Does it only appear for the person being grabbed perhaps?

• NrrhArts
    NrrhArts Member Posts: 23
    Options

You guys do know you can still go through the gates, right? They unblock right as his cooldown finishes so he can't even do anything if you ram your face into the gate like an idiot.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Yeah, best not to play any cute exit gate games against a Wesker. NGL, I do enjoy seeing injured exit gate teabaggers get snatched up right at the threshold.

I've seen it at the gates or while spectating a few times, and it's hilarious every time.

If you're healthy and can somehow get between you and the exit, he can throw you back out and get the down. I've seen this happen once.

So yeah, the takeaway is to just leave.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

It's called the "Just leave" feature

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

If you’re not fully infected or injured you can take a hit, but just stay on the edge of the escape zone until the blocker disappears.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    Options

There are so many nuances of killer powers (timings, audio cues, counters, etc.) that are never explained by BHVR within the game. It's honestly kind of annoying. You basically have to devote yourself to studying the wiki, watching lots of videos, reading the forum/reddit, and trial and error to learn all of the subtle mechanics in this game (and you still probably won't learn them all)...I feel bad for new players these days (and it was bad enough when I started playing a couple of years ago).

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

yes but you still could have escaped if you just held W till the blocker disappears.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 438
    Options

I wish every killer had something like this and that it was a one shot when you are in the exit area. You wanna stop to teabag/click? Cool. Then you should be risking getting downed to do it.

• Lavilanche
    Lavilanche Member Posts: 1
    Options

lol this mightve been me...

i honestly didn't think it would work, but it did, and that was the most surprising part

playing on coldwind and caught a zarina in the exit gate, felt a lil bad but they looped me the whole game so i killed them...

• squirtinq
    squirtinq Member Posts: 32
    Options

The grab isn't supposed to cause entity spikes, as this bugfix says.

We can end it there :)

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

Near to exit gates. When he throws right into exit gates, it's still here.