What is your DbD opinion that will get you flame wars?

AnchorTea
AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

I'll start: I do not want a scooby doo chapter. In fact, it will never happen and fans should put that mental energy into other parts of the game.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

The entire game should move to full server-side authority! No more hits being handled on The Killer's end, providing an immense advantage over Survivors in perpetuity. Validation with "Favor The Killer" is garbage, we need complete fairness, and the most objective choice is server authority.

The people against this are usually killer mains, people in remote locations, and/or those with terrible internet. In all three cases, they love the advantage.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Windows of Opportunity is very OP and needs to be given a large cool down so it's only used once a chase

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

All killer mains are experienced soloQ survivors for easier games.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,666

'Gen rushing' is most of the time just an excuse for killers who are bad at chases, map pressure, or both. 'Tunneling' is a term that is also grossly overused, for survivors bad at positioning or who think BT/OTR makes them immortal.

Many of the frustrating interactions in the game could be solved by allowing you to change key bindings.

There's a difference between 'I'm not responsible for your fun' and 'it's my job to make your game as unfun as possible'.

Predropping, camping, tunneling, and holding w are only 'strategies' if they are situational tools you use to play the game, not if you always use them all the time. If all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail. Most people need to expand their tool belt.

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

I never really liked Oni. I always thought he was just a more boring Hillbilly, he's always boring when I go against and play as him. I just don't understand why a large majority of people think he's one of the funnest killers in the game. I just roll my eyes when I see him

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Increasing the base Gen regression (from .25 to .50)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

RPD used to be a fun map to play on and was easier to navigate before. Now it just sucks. (Shockingly I'm not one of the people who thinks this because they abused the library)

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Oh! I got One!

*cough cough*

The amount of people who want a FNAF chapter in DBD far outnumber the amount of people who don't. Like, to the point of the pro-FNAF side being hilariously bigger then the anti-FNAF side.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited September 2022

I don't think that's an opinion, honestly. It's a fact

FNAF's just a huge juggernaut of a franchise, it wouldn't have spawned so many copy cats, spinoffs, novels, fangames, merch and essentially becoming the poster child for indie horror games. (For better or worse).

I'm speaking as someone who's never played any of the games and yet I'm aware of the franchise to the degree i could explain the basics to you. That's just how popular it is

Especially popular with younger audiences despite the fact it's a horror franchise because of content creators. This is probably why many are against it's inclusion, even before the controversial political stuff that I won't get into, many people dismissed FNAF because it's 'just jumpscare horror for kids and youtubers'.

(Which is a bit ironic if you think about it, because one of DBD's main claims to fame is being one of the most streamed games on Twitch)

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,840
    edited September 2022

Trickster has more horror to him than any of the characters from fnaf combined.

Also Pineapples don't belong on Pizza.

• JoyfulLeader

It's even more ironic that people call fnaf childish even though the DBD community loves overusing sex jokes to the point it feels like I'm in middle school again

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Killers have been and are the power-role in the game.

Survivors getting base-kit perks is not the same as killer.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited September 2022

Yeah i mean they even made a whole dating sim parody game for that demographic

It's about as 'cringe' as any FNAF game, more so perhaps. Nothing against people who like that sort of thing but I'd hope they aren't the same people who lecture others on their taste in entertainment

You're right though, people going on about shirtless characters just isn't funny to me. Shirtless Myers was the only funny iteration of the joke if you ask me

• JoyfulLeader

Shirtless Myers stopped being funny to me after people kept overusing it for over 4 years now. just like the Entity Nea and "Add sex to dbd" jokes

• Alexandru284
    Alexandru284 Member Posts: 15

the doctor is really fun to play as and against

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810

trickster mains are the coolest people on earth! (im a freddy main)

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Every time I say Blight is the worst thing to happen to this game, even worse than Nurse, I get a slew of Blightheads that will not only say there is nothing wrong with him...

... they will actually try to say he is the BEST designed killer in the game, which makes me wonder how good their weed stash is.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

DS was perfectly balanced before the update.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

This game is balanced for the majority of players.

DCing or AFKing for literally any game-related reason that is not related to a cheater or a game-breaking bug (eg, being permanently stuck inside a hill), or suiciding on hook for literally any game-related reason that is not the above or trying to give the last survivor hatch, is utterly, indefensibly pathetic and trashy.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,963
    edited September 2022

blindness should be nerfed and not hide slugged auras this opinion will be useless if basekit unbreakable is a thing though lol

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

SWF with Voice chat gives a tremendous advantage that you never get when playing solo.

You are just playing with friends, but you can share in-game information effortlessly.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    edited September 2022

Solo Queue isn't as bad as people like to say.

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198

I hate Oni mains

• NrrhArts
    NrrhArts Member Posts: 23

Soloq isn't that bad. You don't need communication to get a 4man escape, you just need to be doing gens while the killer's chasing and not going down in 12 seconds if you're getting chased.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

actual rancor should be basekit, effective with everyone and not just the obsession (it would make the endgame a lot more interesting and will gave to survivors a real reason to live the trial and have genuine fear instead of treating the killer like a plaything). Also i want back my old ruin/pop, together with some old maps (maybe they were more broken than the actual ones, but at least the feeling of being in a horror movie was more intense due to the "grimdarkness" that maps had)

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Because his basekit removes all of the boring no skill elements of the game. You either play the tile or you die. He is the best designed base kit in the game. You want to talk about his add-ons fair play. But his base kit is perfect.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Spirit was not a total guessing game before her changes, you could and can still tell by her body's animations when she phases.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    • Talking in terms of tiers is extremely boring, especially if it's about things that are not yet live.

• Elite, pro DbD youtubers and players don't know much about the vast majority of the playerbase's experience. Their days of being casual / beginner are long behind them, back in other updates with other metas, with different mechanics.
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

The whole community is survivor biased.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Swamp is one of the best maps in the game.

I find Bubba fun to go against, even if it’s a facecamping one.

Huntress is one of the most boring killers to go against.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

MoM with 2 protection hits was miles better then the current one and the fact that the community made them revert the buff to MoM shows that the mayority of the community is absolutely clueless about the game and how it works

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited September 2022

Believing any other approach to trying to do something about the solo-swf gap than either the "buff solo/base survivor and balance around it" or "do absolutely nothing about it lmao" ones have any chance of happening whatsoever is straight up delusional. No other way to put it.

The forums should be more ban-happy. Still way too many weird as hell posts where people use language like words used to describe real-world systematic oppression, diseases that ruin lives and more to talk about stuff they dislike in the game. And that's just giga gross.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,635

Trickster is the worst killer in the game.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

No, his base kit is a super busted lawnmower that combines asinine mobility with the ability to hit you around loops with hug techs. The man literally removed RUNNING from the game. And his rush can break pallets, so even those are limited use.

Broken killer. #1 on the delete list.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,827

Dead Hard and CoH are still overtuned.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited September 2022

Sure - while we’re at it, let’s remove anything that doesn’t “affect performance.” Why have any extra cosmetics, for example? The base outfit for everyone is just fine.

It’s always hilarious to me that this disingenuous “sexuality should be left out of games” argument only ever rears its ugly head when conversations about the LGBTQ community being included come up, but never about heterosexuality being defaulted into everything. Where was this faux concern when Felix’s lore mentioned he had a girlfriend and child?

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,678

I'm closing this here as it's becoming more controversial than it should be.

This discussion has been closed.