Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Legion - Learning from my own mistakes to get better

lindechene
lindechene Member Posts: 76
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

In this thread I will point out the mistakes I made to loose one pip five to six games in a row and how I learned from them to start getting one or two pips in a round.

My mistakes

• I used the Frenzy power to quickly get across the map and ended up not having it ready when I found a group of survivors at a generator.
  • I fully used up the Frenzy power gauge when chasing after a survivor.

While with the Spirt you can use your power whenever it is ready with Legion it is crucial to activate it in the exact proper moment.

• I hit a survivor first normally and then tried to use his power to chase after him.

Does not work because your normal hits decrease the power gauge.

• I activated Frenzy to quickly get to a survivors I spotted in the distance.
  • I activated Frenzy to chase after a survivor that just hit me with a pallet.
  • I activated Frenzy in an area of the map that offers a lot of cover to survivors.

Very risky because you cannot see scratch marks during Frenzy. If you use Frenzy at the wrong time in a chase you will just loose your target.

• I started to chase survivors without using the Frenzy power.

This can work sometimes but you are wasting a lot of time that could be put to better use.

• I just chased the last survivor I tagged with Frenzy.

The Deep Wound Effect gauge does not progress when in a chase. Don't waste time chasing after a running survivor that will just loop you around.

And what I learned from them...

Wait for the Discordance perk to activate.

The key to a successful round with Legion is to focus on the one generator where to or more survivors are working together. Discordance will let you know with a loud explosion and a yellow aura where your target generator is.

The Terror radius of Legion is small enough that you can use Frenzy to get in reach of the generator and hit the first survivor before they can leave it.

After that first survivor is "tagged" with Frenzy the "Killer instinct" aura will activate on any survivors in your terror radius.
Stand still and look around 360 degrees if you can spot either the auras or orange marks.
Now try and tag as many of the other survivors as you can.
You will likely get better at this phase with practice learning to read the auras and what survivor to chase after next in order to chain them all.

Understand how the Mend action works

The Deep Wound gauge will slowly tick down when the survivor is not in a chase.
If the survivor waited to long before starting to Mend he will be forced to finish the action or go into a dying state.
Two survivors both afflicted with a Deep Wound cannot help each other to Mend because very likely one of them would go into the dying state.

Instead they are forced to Mend separately and only after that they can help each other healing.

After you tagged the second or third survivor you can now head back to the area where you left the first survivor. Because the survivors are injured you should be able to hear them when you are near.

Use perks that help you find wounded survivors

• Bloodhound from the Wraith

Bloodhound will be a tremendous help to make sure you find the Survivor again that you just tagged with Frenzy.

Survivors will need to "Mend" themselves. The way this works now they cannot run too far away and those few extra seconds the blood stains last longer will lead you straight to their hiding spot.

Remember mending survivors that run to far cannot stand up before finishing the Mend action so they are easy targets...

You cannot see scratch marks during Frenzy but you can see the blood stains. With the Bloodhound perk you can more safely use Frenzy to catch up with survivors you lost out of sight.

• A Nurse's Calling from the Nurse

A Nurse's Calling will not show you survivors that are "Mending" but as soon as they continue to heal it will activate. The Legion excels at quickly wounding multiple survivors.

If you spot two survivors busy healing you can activate Frenzy and tag them both in quick succession.

Know when to use normal attacks

You do not have to attack with Frenzy. You can just hit any survivor normally as you would with any other Killer.

If you are close enough to a wounded solo survivor to hit him with a regular attack it is time to put him in the dying state and hook him.

Know when to manually cancel Frenzy

After you applied the Deep Wound effect and there is no other survivor near

• you could try to hit him a second time with Frenzy and end it that way

The risk here is that you might loose him out of sight before you land that second hit.
Remember: no scratch marks...

If you just wait for the Frenzy gauge to run out you may get stunned at the wrong time.
Instead wait for the right moment during the chase to manually cancel Frenzy.

As a rule of thumb: The moment you loose sight of a survivor cancel Frenzy.

You will get stunned but then are able to catch up with him again before the scratch marks disappear.

Remember: Letting a survivor with a Deep Wound get away is a good thing!

If you are not chasing him he is forced to sit down and mend...

The more survivors you wound the easier it gets

If you manage to catch a group of three survivors working at the same generator with Discordance you may end up wounding three and hooking at least one.

Because the other two near the hooked survivor are injured it would be risky for them to go to the rescue immediately.

If you can now find a second injured survivor and hook him as well the fourth survivor will feel pressure to come to help.

At this point you forced all survivors off the generators. They are now stuck in a loop of being chased, mending, healing, unhooking...

What can survivors do to counter this?

Do not work on the same generator.
Run in different directions out of the terror radius.
Break line of sight as soon as possible.

Notice:
**I wrote this whole thread without any suggestion on how to "fix" Legion.
I had a lot of fun playing after I learned how and when to use his Frenzy.

To play legion you may need to adapt a different type of thinking.

The goal is not to chase down one survivor but to efficiently stall all survivors until they trip up and make a mistake.

You need to be willing to risk to loose them in order to catch them again at a more favorable moment.

I guess it is a "Play with your food" kind of playstyle. with high risk and reward.

More playtime will be needed to figure out the finer details.**

Edited to adjust formatting and typos.

Post edited by lindechene on

Comments

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Good stuff here.

Bloodhound is META as hell on him. People don't want to heal against him, which means they leave bright red tracks when they try to stealth you. I can't count how many laughs i've had following blood trails from gens mid game, and getting a free, no frenzy down.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I'm a little behind but I recently just found this, people consider him bad but to think of it, he's better at securing kills than Nurse and Spirit, both high tier killers. I've learned that Thanatophobia is a meta for him too as you can chain hit survivors and no survivor wants to heal past injured against you if you know how to utilize your frenzy, and that's where Nurse's Calling comes into place, either suffer from low action speed or recover and get your position revealed. META.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393
    edited April 2019

Thanatophobia and Sloppy alongside with Filthy/Nasty (or both) Blade is very strong combination - it takes ages to Mend if Legion has Than+Sloppy+both blades and multiple ppl injured. Add Whispers or DIscordance for tracking and you will have pretty fancy build. Dont forget to take Monitor, it make your radius out of chase small, so you can sneak on ppl and huge when in chase, so you see Killer Instinct from further distance

• shenanigans
    shenanigans Member Posts: 15

The correct way to play Legion is to use Bloodhound to follow from outside the chase distance and tunnel people out of the game like a complete #########.

How is it even possible that there are people making mistakes on this killer? There's nothing to learn! Find survivor, M2, stab, stab, M2, stab. If you SOMEHOW screw that up, dog them until their timer runs out. Remember to never ever look away from the person you're tunneling out of the game.

If somebody's getting too many gens done, M2 their friend and use your ridiculous ability to spot the gen jockey. It's like Doc's terror radius but Iron Will doesn't counter it. Or like a variation of aura vision but Distortion doesn't counter it. Sorta like how Legion is like an M1 killer but pallets and windows and basically the entire game doesn't counter it.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Funny, i thought the proper way to be Legion is just to simply exist. Soon as survivors see a legion they all d/c and it’s over.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Perk build to end all perk builds (on legion):

Bloodhound

M&A

Thanataphobia

Ruin

• Frozenscum

You dont need Ruin on Legion - Sloppy is better to slow down game.

• NuclearBurrito

@Frozenscum people will often just not heal on their own. And they are less likely to take the time to do so if you are running sloppy. It is better to encourage them to heal so you can inure them again rather than make it too slow to be worth it leading to gen rush. This way if they heal then they gen injured again and if they gen rush you have ruin.

• Frozenscum

@NuclearBurrito Ruin is destroyed pretty much in first minute of every match, so its basically dead perk nowdays. Sometimes I cant even reach totem from other side of map before it's getting rekt. And you dont really wanna be injured against Legion with M&A.

• NuclearBurrito

Wait Just realized I forgot about discordance

• NuclearBurrito

@Frozenscum ok so I still think sloppy isn't what you want since they are more likely to heal if you aren't using it which is what you want. But if you don't like ruin then:

Bloodhound

M&A

Thanataphobia

Discordance

• Frozenscum

@NuclearBurrito You are just contradict yourself.

We want Sloppy for Bloodhound, if they dont heal - easy tracking, if they heal - they spend more time off gens. If you dropping off Sloppy for them heal themselves - there is no point in taking Bloodhound.

So you either run build to track them by blood - Sloppy, Hound, M&A and Thana, or you run build to track by gens - Discordance, Surveillance, M&A and Thana.

• NuclearBurrito

@Frozenscum I prefer a versatile build. The ones who are in DW aren't healed and will be mending, You use hound to track those players. The ones who get away however will heal up and then go to work on generators, once they do you track them with discordance and put them in DW at which point see above.