Who do you think is the strongest stealth Killer?

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,021

In terms of pure stealth abilities, this does not include Freddy’s pseudo stealth with dream world or temporary abilities like Dredge’s Nightfall. Pure stealth refers to Killers who are consistently undetectable and can do so at will or very frequently (I considered adding Myers, however, his terror radius at base usually does not stay small for long unless using add-ons)

Base power + Add-ons + Perks. Throw it all in there because let’s be honest, most of us use the damn things and balance will always take these, especially add-ons, into account.

Who do you think is the strongest stealth Killer? 38 votes

Wraith
34%
WalterBlackHellDescentad19970musstang62MrPenguinBenOfMilamDonleovGuiltiiXenontyxDEMONANCExni6_brewingteaK139K05 13 votes
Pig
5%
Deathlymusic_qnyun 2 votes
Ghost face
47%
WeederickroundpittHanselpupAurochsdugmanKill_Yr_Idol83djez21AurelleBothSidesEnjoyerINoLuvCodeDBPetforcesSlingshot47RonMan32AverageAshEnjoyershapeofmyheartKoshinKrose 18 votes
Onryo
13%
AtoTimberhailxsatanxeveryxdayXernotonMagiDavidtliff 5 votes

Comments

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Onryo

I'm mad that you didn't include Myers, especially considering that Pig is even less of a stealth killer than he is.

At any rate, Myers is the strongest stealth killer, and I'll argue to the ends of the earth that his T2 stealth build is his strongest (stronger than TP and Infinite T3, even). His T1 stealth build (Cracked Mirror) is also decent.

As for the other killers:

Pig's stealth is mediocre just because of the speed penalty. It's good that she can sneak up on survivors, but that's a side bonus, not something you'd center your build around. She can be quite strong if you give everyone traps at the beginning of the game, make it so that they can't see the boxes until the traps are activated, and then run quadruple slowdown, but you won't have the addons for that every game.

I find myself enjoying Wraith a lot more than I thought I would. He has some fairly oppressive builds and some halfway decent addons. Tunneling with his cloaked movement speed addons with slowdown perks on the side can practically guarantee a 4K.

Your first hit is always free with Ghostie. Run STBFL and Bamboozle, and your chases will be short. Nurse's is an S-tier perk on him; you'll be getting free downs all game.

I haven't been playing as much Sadako since 6.2.0 because my favorite build with her was nerfed to Hell, but I may start playing her regularly again. Her gen regression game was strong with PR/Pop/Brine/Deadlock, but that isn't nearly as effective now. Nurse's has always been good on her.

So I guess it depends on what you mean. Of those four, Pig is the strongest when considering a couple of niche builds, but those require rare addons. Wraith is the most consistent overall, but doesn't have a straight-up evil build the way Pig (and Myers) does. Ghostie probably makes the best use of his stealth overall and is the strongest stealth killer in that sense. Sadako is strong if played correctly, but her stealth is... lacking.

Voting Sadako because she's adorable.

• shapeofmyheart
    shapeofmyheart Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Ghost face

I'm guessing that you consider his T2 Vanity Mirror build strong with some specific perks that inflict exposed or help you in chase, like Enduring + Spirit Fury because otherwise not even close; even with perks like that, it's still not close to infinite T3, and much less TP.

It's better than people give it credit for, but the power does not work well in some maps because you're too tall to mind game or the loops are safe as hell and there are god pallets everywhere. You are essentially an M1 killer that is good at mind games and getting that first hit for free.

If you meant just Dead Rabbit + something else for a build where you pop out of nowhere and down survivors with T3, it's still not even close.

I used to think Myers was better than Ghost Face, but after the improvements they gave him, GF is just Myers but better in most cases.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options
    Onryo

No, more like specific perks that help his stealth. That build is usually Vanity Mirror + Dead Rabbit + M&A + Nurse's + two meta gen regression/stall perks (these days, Brine with Deadlock seems to fit the bill).

M&A + Dead Rabbit = no terror radius, and combining that with VM means that you get all of the benefits of Spooky Myers with none of the drawbacks.

The idea is that your first hit in every chase is always free, cutting your chase times in half to start with. Survivors don't usually expect a VM build, so once they hear the sound of you leveling up to Tier II, they assume that it's safe to hide behind trees/walls next to gens and near exit gates, which means plenty of free hits. Nurse's means that you can see where survivors are healing (even though you can already see through walls, it's essential) and get free downs again and again.

This is Myers, so he does need some slowdown. Brine is 200% regression, plus information once they start working on the gen again, and they won't hear you coming. Deadlock is a must-have once you start ranking up or else all the gens will be done before you get very far, and it also gives you a light amount of information (remember to go kick the gen when it's not blocked anymore).

You can replace one of the latter two perks with Bamboozle, STBFL, Overcharge, Eruption, NOED, or whatever, but I think that combo works best. You don't really need much help in chase, especially if you learn to confuse survivors by abandoning every third chase or so (you can catch them later when they go to heal) so they never know what to do or whether they're being followed, and you can see their every movement the entire time.

Anyways, having no terror radius and seeing through walls at full speed is just plain unfair. Survivors don't stand a chance.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Ghost face

Purely in terms of raw stealth ambush ability I think Ghost Face is the best on the list because not only can he move and chase and even attack people while still Undetectable he also can instantly down them while doing it. Wraith’s cloaking makes him harder to see and he has better map presence because of his faster speed, but Ghost Face is better at actually getting jump scares, gen grabs, and instant downs so I’d say he’s the better one just in terms of what you actually want out of stealth.

Also I disagree with Dredge not being on the list since its stealth, while technically temporary, lasts 60 seconds at a time and is up about half the match. Plus Dredge’s teleport mean it is effectively moving around the map large distance completely undetectably as well. Plus the Nightfall vision reduction is a big boost for stealth as well. Frankly I get almost as many jump scares with Dredge at night as I do with Ghost Face.

• shapeofmyheart
    shapeofmyheart Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Ghost face

It's effective, not to mention super fun. Again, I don't think it's a particularly super strong add-on combo, but it works great.

As a side note, I don't like using Monitor and Dead Rabbit in the same build because I'm pretty sure Monitor applies first and then Rabbit, so Rabbit only shaves off 2 meters.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Myers with Tombstone Piece.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

In relation to this and a previous comment about Myers also, I personally do not view them as “pure stealth” killers because their stealth is not something that is a massive part of their identity in the same sense as Pig, who can be undetectable for as long as she wants, when she wants. This also applied to Wraith and Onryo. Ghost face is arguable due to being broken out of stealth, but I feel that his power recharge fast enough to negate the downside of Night Shroud downtime.

Dredge can be heard hopping into a locker from teleport if you’re close enough to it and locked lockers being teleported to are very noticeable. If you’ve played against Dredge enough, despite Nightfall being very obscuring, Dredge itself is pretty loud when it is close to you. You can hear it shifting around as it gets closer to you. I get that its stealth elements make it out like a stealth killer but I consider it another “pseudo stealth” Killer like Freddy or Myers.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Ghost face

Ghostie probably the best when it comes to stealth. He can easily blend into the map and if you know how to use him well, get some pretty good plays with him.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Ghost face

Ghost Face is the only one who can attack directly out of his power. On top of that he has the best chance at snowballing a game.

Really map dependent so that kinda drags him down. Wraith is a close 2nd