Do you find Wesker “Fun” to verse?

Options

Majority of people say he is fun to verse apparently but I don’t see it/feel it

Here are the reason why I don’t enjoy going against him:

His hitbox makes Huntress hitbox look perfect.

He is able to tunnel with ease

and His Voice Lines already annoy the ######### out of me.

It is mostly likely due to him still being new and everyone wanting to try him out but I think he will be a killer that I will want of finish Gens asap.

What do you guys think of him?

Comments

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    edited October 2022
    Options

Yes he makes the game fun .I luv to loop him using Sprint burst.You have to really watch your surroundings or he'll grab ya. I chuckled at your huntress joke.😃

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    Options

He's kind of ideal as an opponent. He's not strong enough to feel a "unfair", but he's also not weak enough to have a super easy game. In loops, you still have the upper hand as a survivor, but you need to understand how he works to actually have that advantage. I still see most survivors looping him wrong and getting caught easily at shack or jungle gyms. But I love going up against Wesker. In my personal experience, he is the most fun killer to go up against (besides Bubba).

I also love playing as him. Even though he is really inconsistent in Window Vault situations and also he still drops people from time to time for no reason. I'd like to see a few small tweaks to improve him to perfection (just my subjective opinion obviously), but he's fine now, too.  

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Yes. He has nice music and I like his lines. I don't find him some unfair killer. I'd rather play vs him than a lot of lower tier killers.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

he's fine enough i guess. he's appealing to tunnelers but eh, that's not really unique to him.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Poor performance indeed.

• Carmina_is_cute
    Carmina_is_cute Member Posts: 94
    Options

He is BHVR's best killer yet. He's from an established license that has plenty of existing fans. He's incredibly entertaining with his lines and sounds (the grunt when he dashes is satisfying). His power is unique, easy to understand but has a sky high skill ceiling. He's strong enough to where you don't need 4 crutch perks to have a good chance at winning. He has huge build and playstyle variety. And the most important part, he plays around different loops DIFFERENTLY.

Issue with other recent killers is that they get too same-y after a while. Artist for example, uses her power the exact same way on every loop. Dredge at least has nightfall and the locker teleportation, but other than that it's the same issue. Wesker can do different things to win on the exact same loop. That is what I believe sets him apart.

Also I don't play much survivor but I haven't seen much Wesker. Only Legion, Trickster and Spirit (and the occasional meming basement Bubba). Anecdotal, I know. Still felt strange I haven't seen him much.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

meh. has the same issues as huntress and pinhead, you get hit in the air very frequently (at least in my experience)

tunneling is also really easy with the hindered at max infection, so

other than that hes whateva

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

How exactly are perks a crutch if they're actually necessary to even have a chance at high MMR?

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

The basekit is fun to verse! Certain perks are not thrilling to go against on him, though. Like with Nemesis and Pinhead, my only grievance is not being able to carry their temporary items alongside regular items.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

I'd take him over huntress and legion and many others killers any day tbh.

however variety is also nice.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Mostly i do find him fun to verse, but the only thing i hate is when he dash and i'm done vaulting and i get "hit" or the weird bugs that can happen with pallets.

• Ghostofsnow
    Ghostofsnow Member Posts: 159
    Options

Decided to avoid playing him till recently(like I do 90% survivor). Honestly hes really fun both sides and is one of the few killers good in 1v1's but also with strong basekit slowdown for the 4v1. Honestly kind of funny it's the same kind of priority to players like a reverse bear trap or chain hunt box. But really people just hate being slowed in video games

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

He's the most fun killer released for BOTH sides in years. Tons of counter play.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Nope. I hate everything about him. His power, his voice lines, his chase music, and his power hit box. I see him almost every match, so yeah.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

He is fun. But I dont see him mich anymore. Its back with boring nurse huntress nemesis again

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

Yes, I do and I think most other people do too.

The issue is that he is very popular right now.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

I played PC cross-play off back when Blight was THE go-to pick for comp-aspiring killers. Blight was probably 90% of my games at the time.

I much prefer Wesker.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

"you disappoint me". After one second "I'LL SEE YOU DEAD!"

he's fun because he has a dynamic power (decent mobility, decent at some loops if timed correctly)

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Options

He would be fun if I didn't see him every other game. Basically, same deal as blight

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Seen too frequently.

Talks too much.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

He tunnels because 7 minutes is all he can spare to play with us.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Not really but mainly because I see him so often it is getting really old now. That being said, I would take Wesker back to back all night rather that face a single Twins, Pinhead or Trickster...

But any killer back to back to back gets old fast

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
    Options

I really like him, I find him fun to verse and play as. He's challenging to win with and challenging to win against, but never overpowered in any respect. Whenever I get caught by a Deathslinger spear, Demo Shred or Wesker bound as Survivor I never really catch myself thinking "wow that was complete bs, their power is so easy to use and I get punished for BREATHING!!! NERFFFF" lol

He's very fun but he's also the kind of Killer where you either gain everything or nothing. You either do well with him, or you do badly make a mistake and suddenly you're in a really bad position. Even in chase he's very punishing if you don't hit your bounds perfectly.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    Options

true and real

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

Nope. Haven't played DBD in a couple of weeks because I was fed up of playing against him.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413
    edited October 2022
    Options

One of the most fun. Probably mainly because I played a lot of him so I know how to play around his power. Even when I mess up getting tossed across the map is just funny.

When it comes to killers I don't have fun playing against there's two types. Killers that I flat out don't enjoy, and killers that I get fatigue from facing too many of.

Type 1: Nurse, Doctor, Legion, Trickster, Pinhead, Dredge, Wraith and Plague.

Type 2: Artist, Bubba, Hag, Clown and Huntress

This is just generally. Something like Tombstone Myers or camping Bubba goes into type 1. But for the most part my ideal matches is a consistent rotation of all of the not mentioned killers, with some of the above sprinkled in every once in awhile and NEVER Nurse or Doctor.

P.S. I think his hitbox is in the perfect place right now. The game just needs more netcode work. In my experience from both sides I NEVER get grabs that didn't look like they connected and it's very rare for a Wesker to get a hit on me that seemed unfair, and a lag spike/the killer having bad ping is the excuse for that. The way the hitbox was on release is AWFUL. You'd slide right by or THROUGH survivors. I'd be ok with increasing it slightly to 35 cm tbh.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

Absolutely not, he is overplayed by now.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

I hate facing him, but only because he's being played to hell right now. When it dies down I'm sure i'll have more fun.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

He’s less annoying to go agains than other killers like Legion or Pinhead, but I’m sick of seeing him in like 75% of my matches