Lee69
Lee69 Member Posts: 9
edited January 16 in General Discussions

Post edited by Lee69 on

Comments

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Yea survivor is really annoying right now. I keep having to dodge lobbies because people have like 100 hours, and shame some can hide them and cant dodge those.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Unfortunately I enjoy the same playstyle but regularly sacrificing yourself to save your team will get you put into the category as someone's infant brother playing on a steering wheel. Only thing for it is to combine it with rounds of playing selfishly or swffing.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Yh maybe try swf. If you solo q it's goong to suck hard because without a bit of co ordination survivors usually get stomped hard unless they are very good individually. Playing altruistically especially will get you killed a lot more, I'll occasionally go for endgame unhooks but if I'm injured or NOED is up you better believe i am leaving through that gate in solo q.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,869
    Options

It's going to be ok, @Lee69. You know what you bring to the table as a selfless spirit, but ask yourself why you're not truly satisfied at what your team brings to you. I don't think it is fair or healthy getting frustrated due to the outcome of the actions of others, but that is the essence of being part of a team.

Play for what rewards you and measure those rewards by what lied within your grasp.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

If you play on EU servers I would love to team up with you some time. That is the only fix to your problem, find some competent people to play with.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

That is simply the current matchmaking system. If you are selfless and often sacrifice yourself for the rest of your team, your mmr will decrease, as it only increases when you actually escape.

It's simply a bad mmr system at the moment. And until that is fixed, you'll have to try and play a bit more selfish, escaping more often yourself. If that is even possible among your mmr, but one would assume that the killers you go against, in most cases, are also still relatively new, but I guess that is also not a given with this current matchmaking.

• ImNotBobDylan
    ImNotBobDylan Member Posts: 221
    Options

That all your soloQ teammates are braindead is perfectly normal: if they were sane people, they wouldn't play soloQ in the first place.

• Lee69
    Lee69 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Does anyone want to play with me?

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    edited October 2022
    Options

If you commonly die to get the others out, then the game won't recognize your efforts. Leave out the gate = mmr increase, die = mmr decreases. In yoru situation, the game will think "oh, this guy dies often, they must be really bad, let's put them with other people who die all the time".

I'm afraid until group strats or emblems are taken into account for matchmaking, you'll have to play a bit more selfish and actually open gates and leave (hatch won't increase your mmrt) rather than make sure the others are out.

Maybe if you have a couple of friends to play with, you can try and regain your mmr quicker, since you must currently be matched with quite a lot of impressionable young survivors who'll have trouble going all the way to 5 gens.

I'm fairly bad at survivor and I don't have time to play currently, otherwise I would have offered to play together sometime. Hope you can find great teammates :)