If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I have 1757 hours in this game and just played against this Nurse

Options
Rudjohns
Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,674

Why is this happening? 🙄

Comments

• ImNotBobDylan
    ImNotBobDylan Member Posts: 221
    Options

That's still better than the baby survivors I get as killer sometimes:

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    edited October 2022
    Options

Theory:

She played 2 games, and won both of them as nurse, then switched to a different killer or survivor to play for like 30+ hours. Then she queued up again as nurse. Because she won her 2 games and her k-value for mmr is insanely high (very few games played) it shot her up to 1700 MMR (the cap).

Depending on the starting k-values they use, which for video games tends to be really high like 80-100+ which makes you swing like 200-250 MMR in your first couple of games. And if you start at 1000. It's pretty easy where if you won your first couple of games you'd start getting matched against high level players with lots of hours.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Yep, 1 year and half and 3 beta for this joke.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,347
    Options

oh no

Never thought I'd feel bad for a Nurse player but jeez dude.

I guess SBMM really is the same as RBMM.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Feng and Nea also look kind of new judging by the perks. If you were in solo queue my guess is you backfilled a spot that somebody else left, either that or their MMR was low enough that the starting below average MMR of a new play is in range for the algorithm.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

Oof poor Nurse.... DBD matchmaking system sucks and needs to be improved...

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

Matchmaking like that is tragic for all sides.

I'm soft, so I usually go easy when I determine that I am in a match with far less experienced players. I may lot let them win, but I try to make it seem competitive without making it feel like obvious pity. It's not fun for me, but neither is just curbstomping players/teams.

I don't want to be the final straw that makes someone quit playing, and I blame BHVR's matchmaking for putting people in that position.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

More like 1st. It includes the entire time the game is open, in case you didn't know. It's not just gameplay.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    Options

Ah, i misread and thought he 36 hours was for DBD. Still could mean that was their second game, especially in low levels who don't know what they are doing it easily could have been. Unfortunately we can't know OPs MMR, but if we assume that they are more than 1700 MMR, this would mean dbd has a massive massive k value, which causes your early matches to swing your MMR gains and losses by like 700 points, which is pretty funny imo and just shows how ridiculous matchmaking is in this game.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

hour played =/ skill. Your skill-level is low, hence lower MMR. Just look at your teammates perks. 2 survivor has yellow perks/no perks. Nurse has no perks. Claudette perks are non-teachables. Only you have custom perks. It's pretty much why nurse has 41% kill-rate. It's games like these that dev get most of their stats from as it is the majority.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,674
    Options

Skill = escaping a trial

Considering I actually have been getting a lot of "babies" (both survivor and killer) matches since a while ago, as I described here Since last rank reset I have been stuck in MMR limbo — Dead By Daylight <<<

So yeah, I am stuck in MMR limbo. If I have "bad" teammates I have to rely on hatch or unhooking myself.

For example, I just had a game today with teammates killing themselves on hook. I looped this Huntress for about 4 minutes and the only teammate left didn't pop a single gen.

I can't have fun with this game anymore

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Mmr is #########. I had the opposite issue a while ago. Had barely 150 hours play time and ended up against a prestige 55 nurse.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

That feels really bad tbh, those poor babies didn't get any points.

They probably got caught in 3 seconds then killed themselves on hook "Attempting to escape" per the beginner's guide :\

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 376
    Options

I hate being in a lobby with more skilled players than me, be it as killer or survivor. I just can't help but wonder how the eff I got put here. Like wasn't anyone else playing at that moment or was I just unlucky?

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Sbmm is effective and works as intended

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

Not picking ANY perks, not even slapping on Tier 1 Unbreaks. Those guys were confident af

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

1700hrs and your 1st Nurse was a baby.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Literally a few days ago 1500 hours me playing alongside a 0.3 hours Dwight who didn't even know he had to do gens.