Stop being sore losers...

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

Seriously too many people just give up over stupid things, so what you got outplayed in one chance so you're gonna give up and throw the game for everyone else?

And what's with the people DCing and suiciding when we're far in the lead and it's your first hook...

I seriously dont understand what goes through people's heads anymore, too many people give up on easily winnable games because it didnt instantly go their way... seriously these people should be tracked and matched together.

No wonder killers are winning more, not because of balance but because of entitlement

Comments

• EntitySpawn

Well they're people who dont care if the team wins and only care if "they" win

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I have, obviously not as much as when they're losing. But it'll be something like 2 gens left, killer has 3 hooks, survivor gets their first hook and immediately kills themself 🤷‍♂️

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213

I have, on many many occasions, had team mates DC when the state of the game is very much salvagable.

I'd had team mates DC at 4 gens lefts, only for the three of us remaining to get to 4.5 gens completed. That fourth survivor could have easily made it all 5.

As a more extreme example, I've once had two survivors give up early on at around 2 gens done, and then the two of us remaining still managed to repair all the gens AND escape by juking the killer and tag teaming chases and gens.

Unfortunately, for many DBD players, they simply cannot handle losing. A 50% escape rate is not acceptable for survivors and a 50% kill rate is not acceptable for killers. You all need to learn how to lose.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

I think he means they only care if they "win" as in whatever their definition of win is. Some people will DC simply because "I'm mad I got downed, DC".

To them a "win" is never being downed. They only care about their own fun basically. The moment its not fun for them "screw the other players I'm gonna DC".

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

I think people appraise victory in real time by both a measurement of the skill they’ve seen their teammates demonstrate and the skill of the killer. I’ve been in matches where I’ve accurately predicted things were going to be a wash quite early, and I’ve been in matches where things turned around. The latter is a far rarer situation. But it does occur.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I just spam unhooks on them if they try to suicide for 0 reason.

They gonna have some fun too.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I've seen survivors DC on their first hook at 2 gens, or DC as the first hook of the game at 3 gens. Most often I see survivors DC before the game is leaning one way or the other. Killers almost exclusively DC when they're getting wrecked.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I think the original comment means like someone in their life is dying, I'd leave for that, screw 4 random strangers when someone I'm close to is dying

... just as an example

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I have seen it happens but not often. Some matches we solely lost because of that.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 592

This I bet most of the time people give up when they see that no one is coming to save them. Maybe try being a team player and they won't quit on you.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I've seen from both sides, your giving them too much credit.

Play something else. I've always been a killer main, yet I play more survivor than killer now. There are still a few kinks on both sides, but 6.1.0 didn't make anything you mentioned start happening. Not trying to be rude, but you are not getting anything positive from this game anymore so just stop.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Some players do need to take a break from the game... But seriously it could be something happened IRL and instead of standing still and getting crows on them... getting crap for "not playing the game"

I'm not saying a long break (like a week or more but just enough to get themselves back into the right state of mind)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don't know that I've seen a survivor give up when they're clearly winning but I've definitely seen survivors give up on the very first down of the match when neither side is winning.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319

“Still a few kinks on both sides but 6.1.0 didn’t make anything…start happening”

Sorry but I couldn’t disagree more. They wrecked the fng game. Here’s the highlights:

Weakened key survivor perks (Iron Will, DS, Self Care). The supposed balance of weakened killer anti-gen perks had zero effect since they use other anti-gen perks.

Strengthened killer in chase

Strengthened Camping/Tunnelling

Reduced the survivor pool of good survivors

Introduced yet another high mobility killer

So… matchmaking is worse (hard to believe), killers are stronger, survivors are weaker. People complaining on these forums about solo queue aren’t making it up. It’s awful.

• KreeG
    KreeG Member Posts: 11

I have also seen this, more times than I'd like to admit. And the thing that always kills me about this is they don't even loop the killer a reasonable amount of time. I get it, not everyone is going to be amazing in chase, but you lose 2 health states in like 15 seconds and then DC or suicide on hook?? For what, so you can "go next" and do it all over again? It's so baffling.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Otz has a rule of thumb that seems to hold - if someone disconnects on first down, and the survivors brought a map offering, the person who brought the offering is the one who ragequit. 🙂

I think one of the fastest ragequits I ever had was right at the start of the match, first thing I see after heading out from where I started is a survivor going into a locker. I walk up, grab them, and instant disconnect. I can only imagine what they were shouting at their monitor. 😄

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I have.

I don't understand what kind of aberrant thought proccess went into "We're winning, I got hooked once, may as well die", but i've seen it happen.

Unfortunately.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited October 2022

Maybe they had to take care of something (irl) or getting trolled by teammates/killer? I don't really know why anyone would leave if they were winning.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,765

I'd say the spirit of teamwork, of the collective good being more important, is a bit lacking in DBD.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Idk a lot of ragequitters are just toxic. Had 2 randoms ragequit out of games with my 3 person swf in the same day. Both were on xbox and i asked them why they quit. Both messaged tirades about how we are noobs etc. First game we died with 2 gens left after the rando suicided on hook at 1 gen literally a second before i got to them gor the unhook. They probably would've tipped the balance since we managed to do 2 gens without them. The other we ended up escaping even down one person.

As a killer i see a lot of players DC on first hook/down. Which isn't anything about tunneling because it hadn't had a chance to happen.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

"Weakening key survivor perks" yes that was the point. Iron will was a crutch perk that if got value was free. There are many other things for survivors to use that's not self care for healing. DS did get a little too much, but other things in this game make up for it for the most part. On the flip side ALOT of other survivor perks are viable now. The only anti gen perk that is too much is eruption.

Yes they did strengthen killer in chase and guess what? Most of the changes only affect m1 killers, who are still weak in comparison to good survivors not even swfs. Blight and nurse got a meter in chase after a hit.

Camping/tunneling did get a indirect buff due to gen speeds, but tunneling is genuinely harder unless you get hooked in a complete dead zone. Well honestly that is without old DH factored in though.

They reduced the survivor pool of good survivors? They didn't do that, only a small portion of them left and that was due to not having a busted set of perks for the first time in the games history. Quite literally killer had it way worse than survivors do now a year ago(excluding bronze player equivalents who really don't represent this game in any way) unless you played blight or nurse.

And Wesker. High mobility? I would not call him high mobility whatsoever. Blight, Billy and nurse. That is high mobility, Wesker has mid mobility if I am being generous.

Matchmaking and solo queue are the biggest issues in this game right now. Solo queue can start with the action indicator buff. But when I play survivor and lose hard it's usually because of bad players getting filled into my games not because it felt like the killer was that oppressive. The only killer's that felt impossible to deal with were nurse and iri tag blight.

So what does the game actually need right now? Map balance, matchmaking improvements or at least a checkmark that say let me wait for as long as it takes to get a good match with me and solo queue information improvements.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Oh there's a massive entitlement problem. There's no pushback against it either, aside from you, I, and a few others. People say, "Well, the survivor deserves to DC because the killer did X or their teammates did X." So we're encouraging DCing now? And asking for the DC penalty to be taken away? This is the world we live in.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

and funnily defending dcing like that is somehow not against rules, what a magic.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

This advice applies to real life too when you think about it long enough

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

There's no rule against justifying DCs, and there ought not be, but that doesn't make it right.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

There is a massive group that thinks giving up/DCing at the first sign of hardship is fine, and that it isn't the issue

"symptom of the problem"

lmao. These people are why their solo queue experience sucks.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

I have, while playing as killer and surv, seen survs DC/SoH when the team was clearly winning, ostensibly because they were personally embarrassed. It's a gift as a killer, it's infuriating as a teammate.

Which tracks, because the types who DC/SoH most often ore only concerned with themselves and how they look (which is funny because it just makes them look worse).

Now I've never seen a killer DC a game where they were clearly winning, it's only when they are struggling.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Stop being sore winners as well. Every time I lose, the other side insists on pouring salt in the wound. Makes me not want to play tbh. Whatever happened to good sportsmanship?

• EntitySpawn

Yeah that also exists and I'm not a fan, I dont even bm in the slightest on either side and if my teammate was toxic and hes hooked endgame that's a shame for them lol.

It's just another stupid factor people seem to do in DBD

• rinnai
    rinnai Member Posts: 50

I get someone DC'ing or suiciding as often as a 50/50 chance since new patch.

I don't think people care anymore the player base is dwindling anyway.

• EntitySpawn

No. I just mean they got hooked and they didnt like the idea they may lose so they DC.

Just dont play the game if you hate 90% of the things in it... only thing bad in this game is people giving up and quitting... I'm not gonna be entitled and give up because I ran into a zombie round the corner or spammed my RB to vault a window when I'm closer to the locker and blame the game lol. DBD doesnt sound like your game if those are reasons to give up....

If you relied so heavy on selfcare and iron will you have much to learn, and while I agree DS was over done and I dont use it anymore we got off the record which is basically a replacement which gives iron will and a bunch of other effects all in one.

Killer got hit much harder than survivor, so many perks got gutted and even with the upcoming mori changes killers are yet again losing perk features.

The worst thing in this game is survivor entitlement and it sucks, times its embarrassing to day I'm a survivor main because of what alot of survivors act like

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

Happens all the time when I’m playing killer. Atleast 1-2 times a day, the first person I down in a fresh game will immediately DC.