If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Hellraiser (2022)

Options
Blue_Archer33
Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
edited October 2022 in Off-topic

To my fellow Hellraiser fans, and fans of Pinhead and the Cenobites:

The new Hellraiser on HULU is worth the watch and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. I reccomend.

I know it is likely complicated and would be a bit of a reach, but it would be so cool if we got new cosmetics from this movie.

What do you all think? Did you like it? Will you watch it?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,752
    Options

I loved the design of the cenobites and thought it looked great. Basically everything to do with the cenobites I really enjoyed. There were some really creepy scenes and gore throughout.

I did not care for the plot or the characters after the first half hour or so tbh.

I'd love to see some new skins based on this!

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

oh my gosh the new cenobites would looks so good inside the game's engine.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,017
    Options

I loved it. I posted my thoughts on it in Off-Topic. I watched it the day it came out cause I was so excited for it and the movie did not disappoint

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,797
    Options

Another Hulu produced sequel that was an unexpectedly great revival of a tired franchise and should have gotten a theatrical release (Prey earlier this year is another).

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 342
    edited October 2022
    Options

The movie has so much positive reviews, I'll definitely watch it.

• ZaganBoBagan
    ZaganBoBagan Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yes!! I'm a hardcore fan of the originals as well as Clive Barker's Hellbound Heart novella and the Hellraiser comics. I absolutely love this new film!!

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    Options

I think the cenobite design was good, but they didn't seem as menacing. Main character was super annoying. Characters in general I didn't really care much for.

Too many wide/distant shots especially of cenobites, lacked claustrophobic feeling of the first two films. Too much box CGI. And sadly the actress playing Hell Priest had none of the screen presence of Doug Bradley.

I would consider a skin but the voice lines would need to be redone. I hated the generic "demon" processing on her voice. I'd prefer the female cenobite skin from Hellraiser II.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,993
    edited October 2022
    Options

i watched the Interview with Cote and i thought it was clear there would be no new skin for pinhead.

If what "The king" said is right the possibility for more Hellraiser skins is a "no"

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,041
    Options

I've been avoiding it incase it sucks. Seems like that might not be the case?

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    Options

It doesn't suck, but I wouldn't have too high expectation either.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,268
    Options

I hope they also release these movies "normal".

A lot of interesting ones are scattered on too many different streaming platforms.