I'm a little disappointed with the new Blighted Skins (Why is Wesker's a SET?!).

Malkhrim
Malkhrim Member Posts: 969
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I usually don't criticize cosmetics because I find the visuals and artstyle the coolest and most captivating thing about the game. However, while I liked the new announced Hag and survivor Skins, I can't deny I expected more from this year's announced Blightest skins.

I loved the new Oni mask. However, his body isn't that much different from the base skin. Some parts of the armor and skin are slightly melted, and there are some drops of putrid serum, but that's it. Those are small changes in comparison to many other blighted skins like the ones from Spirit, Legion, Hag and Blight. If anything, it's closer to Plague and Trapper, whose blighted skins change the least from the base ones. I will still give it a chance because we haven't seen yet how it transforms with Blood Fury, but if it isn't much better I guess I'll get only the mask and nothing else.

But that still isn't half as disappointing as Wesker's new skin. I had hopes we would get something reminiscent of his mutated form in Resident Evil 5, but still fitting his model size in game and with some entity corruption... instead, we got an outfit that barely changes him. So he has some blighted stuff in his arm, shoulder and the right side of his chest, but that's it? Most of his body is unchanged and his head is completely identical to the base one (Seriously, just compare him to blighted Nemesis. It's worse in every way). To make things worse, it's a SET, which means you are forced to buy the full outfit if you liked a single part, and you can't pair it with the prestige cosmetics. In other words, it's a set that forces you to wear the base head, you can't use it with the bloodied prestige one. And there is no good reason for it to be a set: after all what can possibly clip between body parts there, since almost everything in the skin is exactly like his base one?

And since we're here, there's also another cosmetic I didn't like very much: Bleeding Ghost Face is just a slightly different Prestige 6 Ghostface Mask. But less bloody and costs you both money and effort for some reason (Wassup Ghost Face is awesome, though).

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,823

I hope they don't charge full price for the Wesker skin since the head isn't actually different. At the same time, with the licenses, I think they sometimes have to link stuff together because the license holders have to approve the specific look for the character, and they might not approve mix/match looks.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

It's not a case that all Resident Evil skins are sets, but none of them have a tangible reason to be one (maybe blighted Nemesis might be the only warranted one)

Capcom doesn't want you to be able to mix and match skins in DBD, and it shows.

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 108

The bleeding ghost face mask is animated, it's not the same as the prestige cosmetic.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,493

There is actually a difference with the Bleeding Ghost Face mask and his prestige one. If you look back in the video the Bleeding one is animated, you can see the blood flow

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,205

Licensed stuff is often a set. And yes, they could have done something to Wesker's head, but anything more that some glowing drops of Blight Serum or glowing veins would have been too much.

• Malkhrim

I wish he didn't have his glasses, but this wouldn't be possible since there are animations involving his glasses in his Mori.

• LapisInfernalis

Or better Blight Serum on his glasses.

Tbh I really don't understand why people are upset with the Wesker skin. He has a superiority complex and it's at least hinted that he's resistent or even immune against many viruses or other biological agents. So it is not surprising that he didn't mutate to a grotesque monster like the other killers. It shows he's still in control.

The Blight on him looks more like the plant than anything else. It even features some of its thorns as knuckle dusters.

I'm more mad about that they gave him a Blight tag (you can see a glimpse of it in his shoulder) because he would be the guy who would inject the serum himself. Just to become even more superior.

I also like how the Blight is only on his right half, leaving the Uroboros tentacle in his left hand completely unaltered. Like if half his body belongs to Blight and the other to Uroboros.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

Bleeding Ghost Face is animated, the blood drips down like the IRL Bleeding mask. All of his masks (minus the chrome one with orange eyes/mouth) are based on real life masks you can/could purchase. Every mask he has in DBD minus the ice and aformentioned chrome are able to be purchased as official masks, which i think is sick, and makes Ghostface way more unique than if he was just one of the movie GFs

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

You thought wesker wasn't going to be a set? lol

• Malkhrim

Because a skin that barely changes the character isn't very appealing in general, specially when it stops you from combining it with other pieces.

Yeah, Wesker has a superiority complex, but even then, Uroboros mutated him hard. It DID turn him into a Grotesque Monster. So yeah, it would be cooler to see something close to that instead of just some stuff in his shoulder. Also, let's not forget the Serum is not a virus. It's never completely clear what it is, but we know it comes from the Entity, an eldritch being of supernatural power, and was able to mutate even Pyramid Head, who isn't even a creature of biological origin. We have no reason to believe it wouldn't mutate Wesker.

And if the left side of his body was supposed to "belong" to Uroboros, well, it could actually have more Uroboros mutations instead of a single set of tentacles that comes from his left arm.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Wesker's completely untouched face makes me not want to get it.

The whole reason I enjoy Blighted outfits are because of the crazy mutated faces.

Clown, Spirit, Ghost face, and now Oni are for sure my favorites.

• LapisInfernalis

Then you have to ask Capcom because they have to approve it. Except the Christmas sweaters every cosmetic for the RE characters is a set. Even the cosplay ones for Felix and Feng. Yes, sets suck, but I can understand why they exist for licensed stuff or legendary skins. The ONLY thing I hate about sets is that often you could separate the weapon or the head from the rest. Why is Felix' Silver-Moon outfit (the one where he has long hair) a set? There is nothing special with. I glitched it multiple times when it was still possible and there was no clipping at all (clipping is their main reason for sets). These sets I don't understand.

It could have been that other ideas were rejected or that certain rules had to be followed. My best guess is that it should still look like Wesker, which would also explain why they didn't touch his face.

I like the skin. If you don't that's your opinion. And I think we should leave it that way.

• LapisInfernalis

I guess it was something they were not allowed to touch.

But come on, his slightly disordered hair make him kinda sexy.