Why aren’t the devs realizing that no one wants to play against nurse

Options

tell me…why aren’t u guys reworking her already shes been a problem for years every game against nurse people dc or suicide on hook shes ruining the fun that should be a top 5 priority i‘ll gladly have a delayed chapter if it means nurse is getting reworked

Comments

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Starting to smell the desperation from these survivors.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 333
    Options

I like facing against a good Nurse. It is not easy to learn her and whoever puts in the time and energy to do so has my praise. I find the challenge of facing nurse to be fun and intimidating. Now Blight....THAT one is who I hate going up against. I never have fun when he is the killer. He is just annoying (for me, personally.)

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    edited October 2022
    Options

I like going against nurse as a survivor. Either she's new, submissive and bullyable or she's got an experienced hand that makes me feel so powerless until I'm gasping for breath. One way or the other I'll be queueing in the afterglow before I've realized our seven minutes in heaven is over.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Careful what you wish for. She still has one of the lowest kill rates. Despite the fact that so many people disconnect/suicide against her.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

I enjoy going against nurse. For the most part I don't get the mega veteran nurse players, so it's quite fun dodging and mindgaming, but when I do go against a pro I admit it's not fun.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,232
    edited October 2022
    Options

You having problems with Nurse doesn't mean other survivors have issues with Nurse. A Nurse who's a better Killer than I am Survivor will usually win and one that's worse will usually lose. In fact, in the games I recorded and posted here last month showed my games from Ash IV to Iri IV had two Nurses; both of which were a 4E. My escape rate for all the games (75 matches) was 45.33% for the matches with both meme builds and serious builds used.

I did that specifically because I wanted to see what my escape rate was and a couple of people claimed that if I liked solo queue I must not play solo queue. So, that way they can look at that and try to figure out what makes my games different.

Besides, I'm not one of the people who makes patently false and ridiculous claims like having a 99% win rate on Killer or 85% escape rate on Survivor and then coincidentally can't provide any video evidence to back up their claims.

Post edited by TheSubstitute on
  • Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

Nurse will get nerfed the same patch SWF gets nerfed, and not one nanosecond before

• Superbeasto1974
    Superbeasto1974 Member Posts: 141
    Options

This would be a completely different conversation if Nurse was wickedly easy to learn and nearly every killer main was using her to completely dismantle survivor teams, but that simply isn't the case. I absolutely HATE facing Nurse, but truthfully, I don't see her that often. When I do, I play as well as I can, and I take my lumps without complaints, because Nurse mains EARN those W's. They've put in the time and effort to learn one of the most difficult killers in the game; I can't even imagine how many humiliating defeats a Nurse main must endure at the hands of swfs and bully squads as they try to get better and better. No one can deny that a good Nurse mains are very skilled killers, and there is no justifiable reason to punish them for their ability. So do what I do: play your hardest, take your L, and move on.

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341
    Options

Why trapper has traps ?

Why wraith has a bell?

Why hillbilly has a chainsaw ?

Why huntress have hatchets ?

Why myers has a knife ?

Why nemesis has zombies ?

Why wesker has low cooldown of virulent ,low cooldown after vaulting with virulent ,why low cooldown after a grab ,why a hinder when infected ?

Why blight has too many tokens and 2 broken addons ?

Why iron will got nerfed to ground ,just for spirit to tunnel u harder ?

All of this cuz BhRv care about moneyzzz

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,728
    edited October 2022
    Options

The best part about it is that they are so sure of the fact that nobody wants to play vs swf, they refuse to separate their queue/opt out/any alternative simply because the amount of people who would opt in wouldn't even be remotely sustainable. And they are very well aware of that.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2022
    Options

haha... yeah, like lets delay the for honor chapter please, for as long as possible, like, to the point where we don't release it

ever.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 215
    Options

I like going against nurse as survivor lol. It's a true test of my survivor skills tbh. Very unpredictable, need to modify my playstyle based on the playstyle of the nurse. Yeah she's damn hard to go against but that makes it all the more satisfying when I escape. Or on the flip side, I get humbled when I go against a crazy skilled nurse player. I envy all Nurse players - I tried her a good few times and i'm absolutely trash at her lol. So I appreciate the skill and effort that goes into playing her.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

Survivors won't stop complaining about Nurse until she's loopable, plain and simple. Any killer that breaks away from running-in-circles simulator is "too strong" and "unfun"

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

True, but Legion sucks. At least you win those games most of the time.

But yeah, the Nurse is what she is. The only thing for it at this point is acceptance or outright removal, and the latter isn't happening.

I used to feel that way, but I have come to the conclusion that both her skill ceiling and floor are high, but all you have to do to be borderline oppressive to the vast majority of teams is hit that floor and be just decent with her.

But yeah, the crazy skilled Nurse players exceedingly unfun to face.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Confirmed: as a survivor and killer player, Nurse and SWF are both unfun to play against.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,918
    Options

I don't mind playing against Nurse.

I had a Nurse game today. It was very close, duped her several times, all gens done.

It's just tgey sweaty Nurses at max MMR you don't want to play against.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

Some opinions are biased though, that is just a fact. Some people on here provide opinions with their side in mind first, before even attempting to look for a line down the middle.

Nobody is dismissing their opinions as they are still intact. However, I am also allowed to agree with another forum member should they point out something that is obvious. May not be obvious to you or anybody else, but that's the beauty of opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

They do realize it but haven't come up with a solution to why players don't like her... without changing her complety

• Mtom912
    Mtom912 Member Posts: 22
    Options

me going out of my way to 1v1 nurses in custom games for hours straight cause every other killer bores me :D

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

I do enjoy her, she forces a different playstyle other than the traditional looping.

My only take against her now is her blinks being basic attacks, that's it.

• Lima24927
    Lima24927 Member Posts: 101
    Options

nurse is totally broken, period, her only problem is that she got a too big of an advantage against survivors where most survivors wont be able to counter for kore than 10 seconds, she gets to ignore everything with her blink TWICE, or maybe even three times ! so the nurse player blinks once to close distance, and second to hit, yes you can break line of sight but on modt cases you sre screwed, pallets are useless, sprint burst or lithe are almost useless too with her addons for distance,

its easy to fix nurse, make it a 1 blink only, or remove the distance addons and nerf the recharge addons

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,088
    Options

I would love to see nurse and blight neutered in accordance with all these survivor main whinings just to see what would happen to the game. XD

But i also felt this way about all of sluzzys change ideas.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

Why is everyone always crying about nurse?! Honestly, how often do you even go against a nurse?? When I play survivor, it’s once in a very great while…I accept the slaughter fest and move on w life.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

As a player of both sides (Legion/Pig main killer side and Claire main unless we get Robin from ST some day) I honestly can see both sides. The main problem I have with Nurse is that every other killer's power counts as a special attack... why doesn't hers? She blinks in, does a basic attack, then goes into fatigue? The attack before the fatigue should be a special attack.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

as a killer main i would gladly agreed for giving nurse a proper rework BUT if this should ever happen then SWF should be relegated ONLY in custom matches... both are the " press the *i win* button" and are annoying to face to say the least...

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

I play Nurse almost daily and don't really have a problem with people giving up in my matches. It's just a loud minority.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited October 2022
    Options

I really really do not get the issue with the nurse. I mean I 'understand' the complaints but I just don't see the severity quite so much as those demanding that she be nerfed...again.

I'm going to preface this by saying I am at most 'average' in a chase, I'm not a 2 gen pop looper, I panic too much and don't always utilize my surroundings in a stressful chase (I'm working on it!). I've been playing against nurse before her major changes, and I simply don't feel the same vehemence for her as the average survivor who seems to want her changed irrevocably to uselessness.

She telegraphs her intentions so much. The sounds when she readies a blink, the way her body points and even the blink trail (i can't think of another way to describe her 'woosh' lines as she blinks lol) are all indicators as to where she is going and that seems to be enough to dodge more effectively. I'm not saying She is powerless or not difficult to go against. I just don't see her as any worse than most killers.

Sure you get your uber nurses that will just turn your team to jam, but after trying to play nurse myself, I know full well that it isn't just pointing, clicking and a survivor appears on the end of your weapon. Sure, she can be a nightmare with the right perks and addons, but so can any killer on the roster. Some games are going to be unfun, like a big ol knockout slug nurse, but so are some of the combinations of various killers, it's part of the game.

If you truly cannot stand the nurse as she is, come up with some fair (for BOTH sides) and balanced ideas instead of demanding she be nerfed into oblivion.

I'm not attacking anyone for their views on nurse, different people view killers in different ways, but it is getting old seeing the forum trend of viewing difficult aspects of the game, as 'unplayable'.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Speak for yourself, I like going against Nurse and most matches they give up on me and try someone easier. I know how Nurse works so I know how to make chasing me a real pain for them and that makes me enjoy going against Nurse.

The only things I really dislike are tunnelling Nurses, Starstruck Nurse and Nurse with multiple slowdown perks as a good Nurse should not need that and it makes games tedious