Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD needs improved anticheat, hackers are worse not better

For context, me and my partner have been vs this blatant hacker 3 times tonight. Their steam profile has multiple vac bans and game bans and their comments, etc, say they have been teleporting and hacking ALL DAY. every match they are reported by everyone but what does that report button do? nothing as far as the hacker is concerned as they are allowed to continue playing. I feel like dead by daylights entire report process needs a revamp because this is just absurd, this person probably has 100+ reports stacked and is still not banned or looked into.

Sorry for no video here, putting one on the forums is apparently very difficult, I have video proof and the 5 gen slug with everyone not 10 seconds into their bleedout timer should be proof enough. Devs PLEASE, rework and improve your report system in game, it does nothing atm and your anti cheat is... im not even going to comment.

I think if a player gets CONSISTENT reports from 20 players about cheating specifically within a 2 hour period etc their account should be auto suspended until dead by daylight support looks into things. This would put a huge cog into the works of hackers that are allowed to stay rampant despite numerous reports. (before this is moved from general I believe it should stay there as people can discuss ideas of a better report system and hopefully the dbd team can get some good ideas from this).

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,568
    edited October 2022

Auto suspension is a very bad idea. What stops people from mass-reporting big streamers, just to shut their game down for some time? We already know cheaters can insert themselves in specific games. Just arrange a few in a row, and bam, streamer’s banned.

That said, you need to file a support ticket on DbD’s site for the reports to be handled. Just reporting them in game will only work for chat logs.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

Yeah, I found 3 hackers in the past 12 days. But I think autoban is bad since it can get abused easily. If you're playing nurse you'll get a ban immediately 😂

• BendIt
    BendIt Member Posts: 104

It is so easy to do, put your anti-cheat software one the DBD servers and don't be stupid having it on your clients... I mean... why are we even having the conversation?

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

What about a "don't matchmake with X" option?

For the next matches you can't get the same player again esp. said hacker.

• Legionair11111
    Legionair11111 Member Posts: 33

my partner did that and got an email over 10hrs later saying "we will look into it IF there is cheating involved" even though the video clearly shows them teleporting around. my point is dbd support doesnt care enough so they need a system that will do their job a bit quicker