Sadly, people still dc to give hatch in 2022

Options
duygu
duygu Member Posts: 313

The scenario is this: After a hard fought back-and-forth match against a full team that lasted somewhere between 15-20 minutes, i finally got the 4th slug and am finishing up with hooks. So I am about to hook the last survivor, but then the other survivor unhooks themself with deliverance, which is fine because i can simply drop the one i'm carrying. Except, since this is a swf team that can't swallow their pride and take an occasional loss (my best guess), this survivor i'm carrying disconnects and, conveniently, the hatch spawns only a few meters away from where the other unhooked themself.

Now i guess there might be some folcs who will say things like "you got the 3k, be happy" which i am happy about. But i am not happy that i lost my well-earned 4k due to a factor literally outside of my control and not part of legitimate gameplay. I would've liked my deserved win. Yes, indeed it is deserved, because if the disconnect button, something that is not part of gameplay, did not exist, I would've had the 4k. They lost fair and square.

It's up to here with how frequently these people are cheating out their escapes and my 4k. Is there a non-perk, non-addon, basically non-legitimate gameplay button for the killer side to press and take one last actual coinflip that might secure a kill, once the exit gates are opened and remaining survivors are about to escape? Nope.

I might sound a little bit aggressive about this topic, but I'd just like to say that I genuinely do not care if the last survivor takes hatch. In fact will generally hook the second last survivor. I won't bother slugging and looking for the fourth; I don't have unlimited free time. I am only complaining about this cheap and unintended way of manipulating the game to one's unfair advantage. And yes, i believe it is unintended because I doubt that BHVR added the disconnect penalty to encourage people disconnecting for any reason including this. No rational dev would condone this trash.

--

I understand that as long as there is one survivor left alive, the hatch must immediately open so that the survivor gets a fair chance at victory, even more so if the others disconnected and thus ruined the game. As someone who does play solo survivor as well, I myself would certainly be pissed if I didn't even get the hatch chance after my team disconnected. Nevertheless, it's still a shame that innocent fair players have to put up with this, which is, and i will say it for merely what it is, cheating, because some people lack sportsmanship and dignity.

Comments

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    edited October 2022
    Options

I dunno a lot of times if there's me and another survivor I'll just point to a locker and go on a chase for a final hurrah. If after that the killer slugs me for the 4k then it's like either the other survivor tries to hide, for four minutes, tries to save me and we waste time running until we both die, or the killer just gets really good luck and finds the dude.

I get tempted to DC. The game is already over for me, it's a loss. I'm okay with that. I don't need to vibe for 4 minutes or watch a poor fool get hunted at the expense of alturism.

GG I'll DC good luck with hatch, I rarely DC so I'll eat a 5 minute penalty no worries.

I mean at that point I've already lost. I have nothing to gain by staying.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,993
    Options

In my opinion, a DC'ed survivor should instead get autosacrificed, like when the EGC ends. Means theres a time delay between DC and hatch spawn, they dont just "Oh no I'm dead!" onto the ground, and we get to see the admittedly cool animation more.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

I have nothing to add, but OP, I feel you and your anger. I have had similar cheap tactics being pulled and raising awareness to this definitely isn't the wrong move.

In the end its just one game, so "just get over it", but it stands that this kind of system is open to abuse, albeit in just small and isolated corner cases, but still, you are definitely in the right with your anger.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

Sometimes they earn the dc but they'll never admit it

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

Well, I am here to propose a HUSK-system.

In this HUSK-system, which is under development and was announced a few years ago, the HUSK of the player who dc'd is left behind in the game and the game continues. (I would like to see it controlled by the AI)

Includes a requirement of restraint to the game, which is completely destroyed by an unstoppable selfish DC player.

And this could make it nearly impossible for rogue playing like the SWF you have encountered to exploit hatch spawning by DCs.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,878
    Options

You didn't even get the 3K, you got a 2K and a DC.

What if you had needed those kills for a challenge or something?

Survivors underestimate the impact of a DC, it's a ######### move that robs the opposition of their objectives at best.

Imagine if killers could choose to sacrifice BP to delete gens from the map or something.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,440
    Options

Why do I hate hatch? This is why. Not many people these days care about how hard you had to work for your kills anyway. It's no surprise that the first thing they always say to this is "you don't need the 4k." Okay. You don't need to escape, so just offer yourself up as a free kill. Oh, you don't want to do that despite asking the killer to do something similar? That's what I thought.

After all this time my point still stands. Hatch is a terrible endgame mechanic, and we need to be looking for a better one, not just accepting the trash we have, or saying that it's a well thought-out thing when it isn't.

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    Options

Killers already want everyone to spawn on hooks anyway. I'm confident that most on here would not be satisfied with them simply removing the exit gates, as it would require them to still have to find and chase survivors. That's still too much work for the average killer main.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,440
    Options

Right, are you gonna argue anything, or just assume that "killers want free kills" and "want to face AI" like many on here do? Because I'm pretty sure I've heard this verbatim at least once before.

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    Options

I can't wait for both mode. Will be significantly more fun than what we have now. I don't expect bots to hard camp, tunnel, hit on hook, head on spam, spam blind, teabag, or a multitude of other toxic things.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

Before I got my adept on clown I had a game like that. The last two survivors were tbagging then the moment I down one they dc giving the other hatch.

I lost my adept because of that.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

If I see someone so desperate for the 4k searching the last survivor like maniac, I'll do the same. Pick me up or I'll give you the DC and the last survivor takes probably hatch.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 313
    edited October 2022
    Options

I was playing oni. Should i not slug? They were literally always going for flashlight saves... You haven't even seen the match and you're assuming things. Or are you telling me that i should not have dropped the survivor who disconnected later because that's not fair and i should just let the other survivor escape for free knowing that they have just escaped with deliverance?

How hard is it to comprehend that I did not slug the third for the 4k. They were all slugged because I was playing oni. Read: "So I am about to hook the last survivor" That means they were on my shoulder already when the other one was on the hook, then "drop the one i'm carrying". I could've simply waited out the hook timer as well but i didn't want to.

Can you explain why that survivor should automatically be given hatch because they used deliverance? Does that make sense? They literally lost and you expect me to let them go like that?

I know it's not fun to have to wait for the other to die as a slugged survivor, but why should the opponent care? Do survivors take a break from generators and doing productive things just to go break a bunch of dull totems to purposefully slow down the game? Do they give out free kills because the killer played really badly? No, and they shouldn't. In the end this is a PvP game and there are going to be moments that you won't have fun, on both sides. That's just how it is. I don't agree that DCing just because you don't like a gameplay strategy is a valid reason. It really isnt.

• BendIt
    BendIt Member Posts: 104
    Options

DC penalties are a joke, they should have been updated once everyone became aware of how to circumvent them

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

DC is the only counter to "slugging for 4k" exploit. I have no problem to lose bp and dc against that kind of poor sportsmanship killers to give my teammate chance to get hatch

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Please explain that exploit.

It's the last survivor vulturing for the hatch thats not doing"normal gameplay" by neither helping the slug or doing gens.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

Only time I've ever DC'd so other person would get hatch was when I was ready to go next but the killer needed that 4k and left me slugged forever, while my teammate was hiding.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,060
    Options

If they dc then I considered it a win and a report.