So why do survivors not get punished for not leaving

Options

What I mean is end game starts and your at the exit it full opened by the way so why not just leave. Everyone is alive and healthy your all at the exit so why not just leave oh I see because your teabagging...okay then why are you not being punished for not leaving or not doing anything. Simple if a teammate is injured usually you heal at the exit gate for bonus BP but why aren't survivors punished for not doing anything at the exit gate just standing there flashlight spamming or teabagging I would like to know why. A killer is punished for standing next to a survivor and not moving standing at the exit gate and not moving is basically the same thing so why aren't survivors punished for it a killer loses BP for it so survivors should get the same or something else.

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

I don't really see it as toxic, takes me all of 10 seconds to hold W towards and exit gate providing they even get that far.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,430
    Options

Presuming any other survivors are left alive, I'll wait around in case they need help/to distract the killer.

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 455
    Options

I've killed many survivors during EGC at the gates to want them to stop being stupid.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Mm some like to bm the killer before they leave. And they get punished for it sometimes. Bloodwarden is a thing. And i had a team of toxic survivors wait in exit gate to bm me once, i wandered off to bash doors for bp and to not give them the satisfaction. They came back to try and find me to mock me. 1 down and an instagrab on an unhooker later and i ended up with a 2k because of their arrogance 🤣

• Ashes
    Ashes Member Posts: 68
    Options

had a kill the obsession challenge, map was RPD, equipped rancor, Yun-jin p60 was the obsession. i had 2-hooked everyone except Yun-jin and the 4 of them were teabagging in the exit gate, so i went straight for her, picked her up and rancored her just inside the map. the lobby was full of laughter spam after the match

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,735
    Options

It was really bad before EGC even existed, obnoxious survivors could hold you in the game by hiding for literally hours (though I never got hijacked for hours).

If they don't leave I just pretty much go AFK and I suggest you do not bother going to the exit so they can teabag you like 5 year olds. Just let the EGC force them out and they can waste their time at the exit

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    Options

Here's a compromise. To go along with the finishing mori system, we have a similar one trigger when all remaining survivors are within the open exit gates and standing. It triggers an animation where all the survivors can watch themselves twerk for a few seconds and the game ends. No more sitting and waiting for two minutes while they all sit there waiting to see you show up so they can taunt you. It's over. Get out. They get to watch your character model get teabagged, and you just go to the end screen. Problem solved. If they stay just inside the gates to avoid it, then you have the opportunity to get a quick down.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Why? There's no purpose to it. In fact, the ONLY reason to do it is BECAUSE Survivors won't leave.

Which just circles back to #JUSTLEAVE.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    edited October 2022
    Options

Because there's a time limit to how long they can possibly do so, as EGC nicely performs its one and only real purpose this way.

Of course they don't actually have to get to stand there for the full duration of EGC to begin with, as pressing the W key with your camera facing in their direction will very quickly put them in a "leave or die" situation. But if you absolutely don't want to go there, the Entity got you covered.

And for the record I'm all for ways for both sides to skip wastes of time without any interaction with the other. Add a lever in the basement that instantly makes all survivors in any state other than sacrificed or killed escape once a gate is open (or hell, even once the last gen is done), and let survivors either teleport themselves onto a basement hook or crawl over to a hook and hook themselves with no opportunity to attempt escape if certain conditions are met. While people waiting until 0.00000000042 seconds is left of EGC isn't equal to being bled out for 4 minutes (as you can't press W in the killer's direction to skip the bleedout like you can with survivors waiting around) the feeling of wasted time is indeed shared and I'd be 100% for ways to speed it up without the other side's cooperation.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,927
    Options

I'd love for Viva La Dirt League to do a skit on this, just to illustrate how stupid it actually looks.

But in the end, I just chase them out if there's absolutely nothing else to do, or get a drink or something.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

That exact scenario happened to me as Feng. I also main Feng and I was pretty stunned it counted as a kill in the end-lobby screen. Might of been me, no cap lol.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Lol, if it was you that would be a fun coincidence. That game happened just two or three days ago and it was on one of the farm maps, cow shed if I am not mistaken. And the shack was right next to the exit gates were the incident occurred.

• Seanzu
    Options

There is a huge difference between standing in the gates that has a counter (holding w, something you do the entire mach) and being bled out on the floor for 4 minutes, that has absolutely no counter what so ever. The fact killers don't see the different between these is a problem in itself, either way I don't moan about either of them, but they are very different.

• Seanzu
    Options

Did you actually read what I put LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"either way I don't moan about either of them, but they are very different." Just don't reply if you aren't even going to read what i said.

• Seanzu
    Options

"A lot of effort"

Yea, it takes me a whopping 30 seconds to reply to you while I watch my friend play WoW let's not overreact here, which is a speciality of this forum, pretending something is way more severe than it is.

I just don't see it as BM, literally doesn't both me, and takes 10 seconds to fix, killers already chase people to exit gates trying to down them, it is almost 0 extra effort in a normal game of DBD.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,081
    Options

Where did I say survivors should be punished for waiting at the exit gate?

I just said people shouldn't defend one form of bm and dislike the other form of bm. If you dislike people wasting your time, then you should dislike both survivors who wait at the exit gate solely to bm and killers who slug out the last survivor for 4 minutes.

Otherwise if you think that survivors waiting at the exit gate soley to bm is fine, then there's absolutely wrong if a killer slugs you out. Both will end once the timer is finishes so there's no actual problem.

• Carmina_is_cute
    Carmina_is_cute Member Posts: 94
    Options

Sorry I think mistook you for the OP.

Still, why are you upholding that false equivelancy that both types of BMs are comparable? Survivors by no means can hold you hostage. The killer, however, can. Survivors standing at the exit gate T-bagging can be stopped by approaching them. Survivors can't do the same for being bled out.

You can absolutely complain about one and not the other, because only one of them can actually hold you hostage for more than 30 seconds.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,430
    Options

I mean, there is a pretty big difference that isn't being covered. Unless I'm the last survivor/all survivors are with me, for all I know getting the killer to chase me out is giving the other survivors time to heal/open the other gate/etc. A killer actually knows the state of the other survivors.

• Seanzu
    Options
  • Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

I might have to go back and save a teamy?

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

What happens more often? Survivor's get slugged to death like what 1 in 50 games? It's literally never happened to me ever lol. My survivor main friend has probably 800 hours on survivor and 100 on killer but he said it's probably happened to him 20 time's ever. But pretty much every game survivor's win at least one person is standing there t-bagging. Nothing erks newer killer's than that gloating.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

I had a similar thing happen with Legion (Susie) once. This Claudette was t-bagging and she was the obession. I had Rancor so one hit and she went down, i quickly hit the KILL button and she was so close to the exit gate that the camera was on the other side of the exit and so the Mori was blocked by the Entity.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 564
    Options

Just hugging a survivor till they reach the inside of the exit gates for a free down sounds balanced

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

There are some survivors that want to give to killer a last hit or w/e for the bloodpoints. What I personally do when playing killer is, if that happens, I just don't give them the satisfaction of showing up at the gates. I just tab out and do something else lol.

I've had one game with a brilliant Ghostface that tried to bait me and a teammate to stay and goof around, he was moonwalking, hiding and so on, so we stayed, and apparently, he had 99-d us both, downed my teammate and hooked him, so I stayed to get him but there was Blood Warden. I've never laughed so hard at an EGC, that GF is my absolute favourite player!