What are your thoughts on The Oni, and why?

Options
Hanselpup
Hanselpup Member Posts: 187

What are your thoughts on The Oni, and why? 26 votes

His power is fairly balanced
84%
Nos37tenoresaxWampiritaFobboHavocusMarc_go_soloIlliterateGenocidedarkcloudlinkTheArbiterGazgemauchSleemLaluziAurelleAlex_DredgenWar237xni6_Slingshot47KotelettphantomusesPythonKrose 22 votes
He is too strong
7%
HanselpupHugTheHag 2 votes
He is too weak
3%
AMOGUS 1 vote
His power needs a general rework
0%
Something else...
3%
Hex_Llama 1 vote

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,271
    Options

He has a strong power, but his power is solely determined by the survivors allowing him to get it

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,913
    Options

He has to earn his power, and when he does he's rewarded with his speed and strength boost, so it's a high reward for the patience in building it up.

For me, he's also the trickiest power I'm currently trying to master (not helped by console controller maneuvreability!), so he's not the easiest to get with, butI'd say overall he's balanced and one of the more enjoyable killers to face as survivor too.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

His power's fine. He has to earn it through injuring/downing/hooking survivors and his power is high risk/high reward.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,089
    Options

Balanced, but you always have a teammate who decided to run No Mither and feed the Oni free orbs. That, and an Oni with BBQ has continuous momentum because only cowards who deserved to be griefed out of the game will ever use a locker to stop the BBQ train...

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options
    Something else...

I don't think there's a balance issue, but I find him annoying to play against.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

His flicks can sometimes just be some major bullcrap. but other than that his is balanced

• Sleem
    Sleem Member Posts: 179
    Options

Oni definitely has a high skill ceiling when it comes to his power usage. I tend to play very conservatively so I can have maximum uptime with each usage of Blood Fury.

I think he's fine where he is. I definitely like how he's not "fast" like blight or spirit, but not as slow as the ranged killers.