Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hypothetical Question for Killers

TheMetalOne
TheMetalOne Member Posts: 20

Let's say you're playing as killer, and you've got the 3k already. You manage to find the hatch and close it, and the exit gates power up. You go to check one of them, and find the final survivor already trying to open it. They notice you immediately, but they walk toward you. They lay their carried item on the ground as an "offering" and back away, shaking their head "no."

Would you kill this last survivor, or show mercy and let them go?

(For our purposes, lets assume this survivor hasn't been toxic, and has played fair the whole time).

Hypothetical Question for Killers 42 votes

I would let them go; every time.
19%
White_OwlThat_One_FriendGRIG0Alex_Little_KittenHugTheHagRaven27TheMetalOne 8 votes
I would let them go...unless I was doing an achieve or something.
40%
tenoresax[Deleted User]AppeaseTheEntityFilthyLegionMainFobboHex_iButtEvilSerjeDredgenWar237BeoltharCodeDBspliffysandshastarkisGhostfaceSimpKotelettphantomBabyShrimpBrandon48Bobwolf 17 votes
I would be just as likely to kill them as to let them go
23%
BlueberrybrokedownpalaceAven_FallenDonleovRule_12Marc_go_soloNoOneKnowsNovaHex_Llamasizzlingmario4ForestOfForests 10 votes
I'd kill them unless I was in a REALLY good mood
7%
Viktor1853pizzavessel15usesPython 3 votes
Get ready to die, last survivor. Your offering means nothing to me, muahaha!
9%
HellDescentkisfenkindugmanSleem 4 votes

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Honestly, it would depend what kind of mood I was in. I have impulsively killed people and regretted it before; I have impulsively let people go and regretted it before. I have created socially awkward situations where I couldn't make up my mind. It could go any way.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don't do the dumb offering thing.

• TheMetalOne
    TheMetalOne Member Posts: 20
    I would let them go; every time.

I find it funny, and any surv who can make me laugh has a really good chance of survival.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Depends on how they play. If the survivor was good and was a thorn in my side the whole match then I'll probably let them escape (or if I just had a fun match).

If the survivor played poor however, I'll usually kill them cause I don't feel like they deserved it.

• Sleem
    Sleem Member Posts: 182

If they were smart about it, they wouldn't have gotten themselves in that situation to begin with.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Their offering means nothing, they lose it if they die anyway. But depending on how they played the game I might let them go, only of it's a good looking Kate or Feng though

• BabyShrimp
    BabyShrimp Member Posts: 84
    I would let them go...unless I was doing an achieve or something.

I wouldn't let them go if I were doing an achievement or something, but I would feel horrible about it, and let them go in any other situation. It's not even about the offering as much as it is a sign of humility, and to make the game a better place I try and respect the survivor by letting them go. A little kindness goes a long way.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

Just depends on my mood, objectives, behaviour during the trial and various other aspects.

But if that survivor had played well, without being obnoxious, they'd have a better chance of survival.