Camp Camp Camp

I swear, I really am trying as a new player not to be judgmental but why is there no penalty for camping?

I'm not saying severe but at least something. It's so dumb learning and leveling and trying to get new ranks just to be shut down because all a killer has to do is camp one by one. It just makes me want to stop playing because I run in to that almost every game. I can sit there on the hook and watch the killer stand there, or be trying to save someone and see them just standing there.

Yes, I know, "if they are camping just get gens". I agree but that won't work. If in a group, yeah sure, but if in randoms and can't talk, no one knows what anyone is doing. I'm not sure exactly but I think it was 80 seconds to get a gen solo and 120 seconds you can survive on the hook (first time no bleeds).

So lets assume there was a group getting a gen at the start, happens a lot. We'll say 4 generators left, 360 seconds. To kill all four people (excluding hunting just for simple numbers) you're looking at 480 seconds to kill everyone in a camp.

That gives you just over 1 minute to get every generator, but wait, lets add on the exit (20 seconds) which means you have exactly 60 seconds of spare time.

Now, I said all that not to sounds uppity, I'm not, I'm new please correct anything. I just mentioned it to lead into my fix idea.

My Idea (Please comment as you please):

Debuff the Killer and Buff the survivors:

• Once a killer places a survivor on a hook there will be a 5 second delay before the following actions are applied
    No-Camping Aura: After 5 seconds an aura will form around the hooked survivor. Any time the killer enters this aura while it is active they will suffer a 6% movement debuff which will only be removed after 1 second of stepping out of the aura or by the following.
  1. The survivor has been removed from the hook by another survivor, by means of self removal, or by death. The aura effect lingers for 1 second after any of these conditions are met.

Generator Boost Aura: A boost to all generators will be given any time the No-Camping Aura is applied to the killer but is removed any time the debuff is not on the killer.
1. While Generator Boost Aura is active all generators will repair 10% quicker and stacking .5% for every second the killer has the No-Camping debuff. This stacking buff will reset back to 10% each time the No-Camping debuff resets. Generator Boost Aura also will drop to 0% any time there is another survivor in the No-Camping Aura which would typically signify a save attempt in progress.

Yes, there's some flaws to work out here, I just thought of and typed this out quickly after yet another camping match where I get little BP and the killer gets tons of BP just for standing there.

This is my idea though and there's a lot of ways to play with it. Adjusting movement debuff, adjusting either Aura, adjusting range of Aura or maybe even instead of a generator boost while the Killer is within range the survivor takes no infestation or whatever so if you stand there, they will never die and you can either keep standing until everyone else escapes or go be a real killer.

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Didn't read much of this, but did you ever think maybe the killer was just defending his kill? Should he just run away and close his eyes and let you go?
    🤨
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Didn't read much of this, but did you ever think maybe the killer was just defending his kill? Should he just run away and close his eyes and let you go?
    🤨
    Killers can defend the hook if they want to. OP seems to think they shouldn't.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Redplanet said:
    I swear, I really am trying as a new player not to be judgmental but why is there no penalty for camping?

I'm not saying severe but at least something. It's so dumb learning and leveling and trying to get new ranks just to be shut down because all a killer has to do is camp one by one. It just makes me want to stop playing because I run in to that almost every game. I can sit there on the hook and watch the killer stand there, or be trying to save someone and see them just standing there.

Yes, I know, "if they are camping just get gens". I agree but that won't work. If in a group, yeah sure, but if in randoms and can't talk, no one knows what anyone is doing. I'm not sure exactly but I think it was 80 seconds to get a gen solo and 120 seconds you can survive on the hook (first time no bleeds).

So lets assume there was a group getting a gen at the start, happens a lot. We'll say 4 generators left, 360 seconds. To kill all four people (excluding hunting just for simple numbers) you're looking at 480 seconds to kill everyone in a camp.

That gives you just over 1 minute to get every generator, but wait, lets add on the exit (20 seconds) which means you have exactly 60 seconds of spare time.

Now, I said all that not to sounds uppity, I'm not, I'm new please correct anything. I just mentioned it to lead into my fix idea.

• Once a killer places a survivor on a hook there will be a 5 second delay before the following actions are applied
      No-Camping Aura: After 5 seconds an aura will form around the hooked survivor. Any time the killer enters this aura while it is active they will suffer a 6% movement debuff which will only be removed after 1 second of stepping out of the aura or by the following.
    1. The survivor has been removed from the hook by another survivor, by means of self removal, or by death. The aura effect lingers for 1 second after any of these conditions are met.

Generator Boost Aura: A boost to all generators will be given any time the No-Camping Aura is applied to the killer but is removed any time the debuff is not on the killer.
    1. While Generator Boost Aura is active all generators will repair 10% quicker and stacking .5% for every second the killer has the No-Camping debuff. This stacking buff will reset back to 10% each time the No-Camping debuff resets. Generator Boost Aura also will drop to 0% any time there is another survivor in the No-Camping Aura which would typically signify a save attempt in progress.

Yes, there's some flaws to work out here, I just thought of and typed this out quickly after yet another camping match where I get little BP and the killer gets tons of BP just for standing there.

This is my idea though and there's a lot of ways to play with it. Adjusting movement debuff, adjusting either Aura, adjusting range of Aura or maybe even instead of a generator boost while the Killer is within range the survivor takes no infestation or whatever so if you stand there, they will never die and you can either keep standing until everyone else escapes or go be a real killer.

The answer is simple. Camping is an intended way to play the game, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04

Btw, BBQ was already a solution to diminish camping but survivors cried about it being OP so its aura reading got nerfed and we will see increased camping now :smile:

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I'm so tired of these threads.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Though I think that it is boring and lazy to camp, you just can't blame killers for doing that. It is a reality of the game and you need to be able to play around it.

In the low ranks, there is not much you can do but as you climb higher, equip borrowed time and try to save them like when there is 10-15 seconds for the survivor to go to the second or death phase. Hopefully, she or he will be a good runner and you will save her through adrenaline.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568
    edited December 2018

@Redplanet said:

didnt read the whole thing. survivors abused the mechanic of the health bar not going down the last time killer was punished for camping the hook. so it had to be removed as they was exploiting it. camping sometimes is viable. punish the killer for camping well they would quit playing altogether im sure. a boost to generators. haha. because survivor isnt easy enough as it is. ok im out of this thread. what a stupid post this is. lol

• Master

@TheBean said:

@ThirdSealOPplzNerf said:

Right because people should totally agree instead of giving a reason to leave the hook you have to "nerf camping" only entitled idiots like you can agree with this crying new player.

Munch.... Munch....

Have another bowl :smile:

• Ugum
    Ugum Member Posts: 26

If the Killer is camping (face camping, generally I won't worry about a proxy camp unless he's super close) and the other Survivors aren't doing generators I'll just sacrifice myself. I'm not wasting my time when I can be in another game within a minute. I stopped worrying about rank a while ago. I just play to enjoy now (and work on my P3 survivors).

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

For a new person to the forums, this is a really nice idea. Remove the "gen aura" thing, but killers going a little slower to give a slight chance for the camped survivor would make it possible to counter it easier than just hoping for borrowed time

• Redplanet
    Redplanet Member Posts: 18

I guess I'll respond as best I can to posts as all in one

1. New player doesn't mean newborn. I've played games long enough to make logical conclusions and written my own games on the Unity engine to also understand that even me just saying any of this isn't as simple as an if/or/then equation in the code but other variables and tracking. So yes, I'm new, to this game, but even a newbie can see camping not being discouraged is a bring down on the game and I guarantee you not all new players keep trying like I do. So if you want stagnant community, call everyone that hates camping ######### because they've never played any game in their life so have no clue about this one.

2. For those saying "this can't be done because of this or that or they've tried it". I appreciate the input. This post is for discussion not for who's right and who's wrong. Though It's said they've tried some things I personally still feel something else needs to be tried.

3. For those who say, play for fun, not rank. Agreed. This game is not going to be my life lol, not even close, which is why it counters others saying "rise the ranks". I would love to. Though I'm not going to jot notes or such and I won't hate life if I don't climb the ranks I would like to succeed. This game should be looked as for the casual market for friends to bring in friends which is why I post my disdain for camping. Because of this, I've told my friends to hold off on getting the game.

4. Killers should be able to protect their kill or it's their right. Currently you're absolutely right, but I don't think it should be. There's some out there that one shot you then hook you. You really think I should be thinking about their "right" when my counter to a face punch is zig-zag. I'm not saying killers are broken, and honestly overall I think they have it a little tough (some anyway), but CAMPING should not be your answer to "life is rough, do it the cheap way". How is that fun for anyone? Killer stands silently in the dark only feet away from his victim. The victim squirms in agony..... still dark, killer still standing. THE VICTIM IS FRE.. no wait, just still squirming. (yawn)

5. For those saying climb the ranks and equip X. It sucks to have to have some special item but I don't argue this at all. I mean what game doesn't have "use this to help that", but again unfortunately it boils to, in a random group, it's hard to climb the ranks with a camper being rewarded with not only better ranking but tons of BP as well. I was all for getting more BP as a killer my first time playing one due to queue time, but of course there's more killers and longer times, its so simple to stock up BP while survivors have to hope that the 3 other people are able to read their minds for a good match up.

6. For those that say "Just DC, that's what me and my friends do". Uninstall is my recommendation to you. If you are just DC'ing you are just as bad as a camper. I never leave a match, I never flame, and I never troll. Not because I'm above it, I just wait until I understand the community more before I attack it, but I rather ask the devs to put the thinking caps on for a problem than create a whole new one myself and DC.

7. @Master - Thanks for the vid link, I did watch it, and that's a shame.. maybe. I mean, I'm not against camping, I'm against it being so simple and overpowered. Stand there, kill people, get BP and XP. Look at camping the way you look at BBQ and what the devs did on whatever nerf. They aren't against BBQ, just the way it functions. That's how I see camping. Yeah, keep it, it's a real thing just don't make it so rewarding and easy to do.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Killer main here.
    Just D/C. Don't give bad players points. When my friends and I play and we notice when one of us gets hooked and camped we all leave.
    We'll take the double de-pip we don't care. Killer leaves with almost nothing, we move on to another.
    Don't give bad killers points.

And yes, here comes some killer mains that are going to say how it's somehow your fault if you got camped which makes no [BAD WORD] sense.

T_T
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@ReneAensland said:
    Killer main here.
    Just D/C. Don't give bad players points. When my friends and I play and we notice when one of us gets hooked and camped we all leave.
    We'll take the double de-pip we don't care. Killer leaves with almost nothing, we move on to another.

And yes, here comes some killer mains that are going to say how it's somehow your fault if you got camped which makes no [BAD WORD] sense.

Actually the problem with your post is that you are telling the OP to simply DC. If he/she does that then they will negatively affect everyone on their team. Disconnecting should have had a punishment ages ago because this is the sad and sorry excuse people are coming up with to "justify" such an action.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@MegaWaffle said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Killer main here.

Actually the problem with your post is that you are telling the OP to simply DC. If he/she does that then they will negatively affect everyone on their team. Disconnecting should have had a punishment ages ago because this is the sad and sorry excuse people are coming up with to "justify" such an action.

Then die on hook.
    Trying to dehook the survivor leads to camping getting encouraged further.

If a killer gains because of this action he'll continue doing it.
    D/C and move on to the next game.

Or die on hook. My point is, move on to the next game a quickly as possible.

• MegaWaffle
    edited December 2018

@ReneAensland

Even if you think the killer is playing bad because they are camping disconnecting from the match to "not give them points because they are bad" isn't the answer. If they are bad they won't get many points and won't get far in rank but trying to justify rage quitting via disconnecting only makes you salty and in a negative mindset pushing you to disconnect anytime you think something is unjustly being done to you.

Disconnecting is not the answer. Live, die and learn.

• ReneAensland

@MegaWaffle said:
    @ReneAensland

Even if you think the killer is playing bad because they are camping disconnecting from the match to "not give them points because they are bad" isn't the answer. If they are bad they won't get many points and won't get far in rank but trying to justify rage quitting via disconnecting only makes you salty and in a negative mindset pushing you to disconnect anytime you think something is unjustly being done to you.

It's a better answer than having the entire team die to someone who camps, also ruining an experience to 4 others.
    And it's a better answer than no answer.

• MegaWaffle

@ReneAensland said:

@MegaWaffle said:
    @ReneAensland

It's a better answer than having the entire team die to someone who camps, also ruining an experience to 4 others.

Oh they cannot give the disconnecting bans out fast enough...

• Master

@Redplanet said:
    I guess I'll respond as best I can to posts as all in one

1. New player doesn't mean newborn. I've played games long enough to make logical conclusions and written my own games on the Unity engine to also understand that even me just saying any of this isn't as simple as an if/or/then equation in the code but other variables and tracking. So yes, I'm new, to this game, but even a newbie can see camping not being discouraged is a bring down on the game and I guarantee you not all new players keep trying like I do. So if you want stagnant community, call everyone that hates camping ######### because they've never played any game in their life so have no clue about this one.

2. For those saying "this can't be done because of this or that or they've tried it". I appreciate the input. This post is for discussion not for who's right and who's wrong. Though It's said they've tried some things I personally still feel something else needs to be tried.

3. For those who say, play for fun, not rank. Agreed. This game is not going to be my life lol, not even close, which is why it counters others saying "rise the ranks". I would love to. Though I'm not going to jot notes or such and I won't hate life if I don't climb the ranks I would like to succeed. This game should be looked as for the casual market for friends to bring in friends which is why I post my disdain for camping. Because of this, I've told my friends to hold off on getting the game.

4. Killers should be able to protect their kill or it's their right. Currently you're absolutely right, but I don't think it should be. There's some out there that one shot you then hook you. You really think I should be thinking about their "right" when my counter to a face punch is zig-zag. I'm not saying killers are broken, and honestly overall I think they have it a little tough (some anyway), but CAMPING should not be your answer to "life is rough, do it the cheap way". How is that fun for anyone? Killer stands silently in the dark only feet away from his victim. The victim squirms in agony..... still dark, killer still standing. THE VICTIM IS FRE.. no wait, just still squirming. (yawn)

5. For those saying climb the ranks and equip X. It sucks to have to have some special item but I don't argue this at all. I mean what game doesn't have "use this to help that", but again unfortunately it boils to, in a random group, it's hard to climb the ranks with a camper being rewarded with not only better ranking but tons of BP as well. I was all for getting more BP as a killer my first time playing one due to queue time, but of course there's more killers and longer times, its so simple to stock up BP while survivors have to hope that the 3 other people are able to read their minds for a good match up.

6. For those that say "Just DC, that's what me and my friends do". Uninstall is my recommendation to you. If you are just DC'ing you are just as bad as a camper. I never leave a match, I never flame, and I never troll. Not because I'm above it, I just wait until I understand the community more before I attack it, but I rather ask the devs to put the thinking caps on for a problem than create a whole new one myself and DC.

7. @Master - Thanks for the vid link, I did watch it, and that's a shame.. maybe. I mean, I'm not against camping, I'm against it being so simple and overpowered. Stand there, kill people, get BP and XP. Look at camping the way you look at BBQ and what the devs did on whatever nerf. They aren't against BBQ, just the way it functions. That's how I see camping. Yeah, keep it, it's a real thing just don't make it so rewarding and easy to do.

Camping is actually a really bad and weak strategy. Once you stand 2 minutes afk in front of the hook, all gens should be done and the other 3 survivors should have an easy escape.

IN reality however, the entitled survivors throw themselves at the hook and crying about "noob strats" afterwards, but if you are using your brain (apparemtöly you've played games long enough to make logical conclusions), then you see that its the survivors who make this a viable strategy.

Now we can ask ourselves why that is the case. My answer to this is sad, but the devs have catered to survivors for so long (look this dlc for example) that they have been never forced to adapt and refuse to do so if they can get "camping fixed" for example by crying enough.
    Thats why there is so much negative input if you request a "camp fix"

• ReneAensland

@MegaWaffle said:

@ReneAensland said:

@MegaWaffle said:
    @ReneAensland

Oh they cannot give the disconnecting bans out fast enough...

No they can't.
    Especially on Console where it's been admitted that they don't look at the reports.

Sad isn't it.

• ReneAensland

To be honest, I don't think they'll come up with Console bans.
    Banning people on console would just make them stop playing.
    Call of Duty did it for ONE game, either Black Ops 1 or Modern Warfare 3, I don't remember.
    But after that one, they stopped doing it.

The last thing you want someone on console to do is put in another game and forget about the one they played before.
    I'm just saying.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

@Master said:

Camping is actually a really bad and weak strategy. Once you stand 2 minutes afk in front of the hook, all gens should be done and the other 3 survivors should have an easy escape.

IN reality however, the entitled survivors throw themselves at the hook and crying about "noob strats" afterwards, but if you are using your brain (apparemtöly you've played games long enough to make logical conclusions), then you see that its the survivors who make this a viable strategy.

Now we can ask ourselves why that is the case. My answer to this is sad, but the devs have catered to survivors for so long (look this dlc for example) that they have been never forced to adapt and refuse to do so if they can get "camping fixed" for example by crying enough.

That is only the case in a SWF group though, or one where the hooked survivor just happens to have Kindred. A non-SWF group will almost ALWAYS spend too much time trying to figure out if the guy is being camped. And, for better or worse, most non-SWF groups don't want to just let some random guy die on the hook, so they do spend more time waiting to see if the killer will leave, or assume that the other survivor is doing generators. The hook gymnastics is not known to everyone, and a lot of players assume that it means "COME SAVE ME!"

A lot of issues with camping would be resolved if Kindred was removed as a perk and just part of the base kit. Would even the gap between solo and SWF. As the original OP appears to be running as a solo-queue survivor, camping is harder hit on him.

• Master

@MisterCremaster said:

@Master said:

That is only the case in a SWF group though, or one where the hooked survivor just happens to have Kindred. A non-SWF group will almost ALWAYS spend too much time trying to figure out if the guy is being camped. And, for better or worse, most non-SWF groups don't want to just let some random guy die on the hook, so they do spend more time waiting to see if the killer will leave, or assume that the other survivor is doing generators. The hook gymnastics is not known to everyone, and a lot of players assume that it means "COME SAVE ME!"

A lot of issues with camping would be resolved if Kindred was removed as a perk and just part of the base kit. Would even the gap between solo and SWF. As the original OP appears to be running as a solo-queue survivor, camping is harder hit on him.

As a solo survivors I disagree, usually its very obvious when a killer camps.
    And by the way, its usually the SWF groups that are too entitled to do gens and suicide for their mates.
    I completely ignore hook gymnasics btw, all I need is take advantage of my third person and that the killer is easy to identify and of the terrorradius.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Ugum said:

If the Killer is camping (face camping, generally I won't worry about a proxy camp unless he's super close) and the other Survivors aren't doing generators I'll just sacrifice myself. I'm not wasting my time when I can be in another game within a minute. I stopped worrying about rank a while ago. I just play to enjoy now (and work on my P3 survivors).

That's exactly the reason why some killer camp and why it works it your case.

As the killer you want an early down to win the game. If you DC/sacrifice yourself on the hook you just give the camper what he wants. And if other survivors are over altruistic camping works even better.

Rank up or don't get caught.

In higher ranks usually the survivors know what to do in that case and genrush. That will either force the killer away or your sacrifice secured the escape of the other 3.

It is a team game after all. Don't just screw everyone over by DC or sacrificing yourself.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    edited December 2018

@Master said:

So much this!

as someone who only solo queues camping is one of the most irritatingly detrimental things in the game. It doesn't affect SWF like it does a bunch of randoms. 

Someone gets hooked but you stay on your gen, hoping to get more progress or that someone else is going to go save them.

30-45 seconds later they're still hanging there, so you hop off gen to go see what's up. As you get close you hear the TR, are they camping? or just hard patrolling? You stealth your way closer until you can see that nope, this asshat is camping... of course. 

so now you have to run back to your gen to complete it, but at this point you've wasted nearly a full minute or more and it's likely that one or both of the other survivors have done the same thing. so now you're down one man with maybe one gen close to being done... 

on the other side, a SWF member gets caught by a camper. 
    "hey guys, he's camping me, just finish gens"
    problem solved. easy win. 

Camper - survivors are OP, I HAVE to camp.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Getting camped only takes two mins, then you are back in next game.

Unless you are in a swf grou p, but in fairness, it's kind of what you get for having the ability to communicate. Seems like a fair trade (risk/reward) to me.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited December 2018

@ReneAensland said:
    Shut the hell up, I MAIN killer and I'm against camping because I don't do it.
    The OP doesn't like camping, so he should leave.

Ruining games for others lol camping is ruining the game for others dumbass.

munch munch munch..

holy freak show

LULS

NO YOU LEAVE!

LULS

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

No.

If you get caught and the killer chooses to camp.. do gens.

Or hook rush.. whatever.

Unlimited Borrowed time saves?

check

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@ReneAensland said:

@TheBean said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Killer main here.

LULS

This is kind of the stuff you need to ignore OP....

This kind of player is trash in the community.

Basically what this player is saying.... "Don't play my way... I quit."

One of the cry babies we don't need in the game.

There is no reason to be DCing unless there is something RL that comes up to pull you away. Leaving because people don't play the game the way you like... Then you might aswell uninstall, cause nobody needs them playing just to ruin the game for others.

Camping in legit.. If people can't handle it.. Then don't play. Not every killer camps... Not every killer camps all the match... Everyone does not play the same way.

"I main killer"

"When me and my sweaty SWF get camped we quit". Pick one

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657
    Ok so it's not impossible to stop people from camping I've had it happen twice when the gates where open and I was trying to secure a kill and the first group was swf I could tell as the game progresses by the coordination was crazy I walk away with 0k and a depipl. Yesterday I had a couple of reasons get one from me had dude with like 5 seconds left and a had a 2k one ran up an went for the unhook I go after him to get him out of there and a sneaky Claudette ran up and engaged him was so sad but had to give the much respect for pulling it off. Now I don't promote camping in almost all situations good survivors will make you pay. I do it when I play survivor and I'm r15 and stuck there because I'm not to good in a chase. Like everyone said just gen rush out of there and if the killer is smart they will learn this is not work 1k and 7k bloodpoints I need to hunt.

Ps I was a camper back when I started I seem to work better then just leaving the hook to let them get a free unhook. Then around r13 it stopped working and I had to adapt.
  • MhhBurgers

@The_Crusader said:
    Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

The_Crusader said:

Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

🤨

By defend the hook you mean "put person on hook and circle around them over and over again".

It's toxic, it's lame and it ruins the game for everyone else.

SWF is also lame and ruins the game for killers yet here we are dude.

• ReneAensland

@MhhBurgers said:

@ReneAensland said:

@TheBean said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Killer main here.

LULS

There is no reason to be DCing unless there is something RL that comes up to pull you away. Leaving because people don't play the game the way you like... Then you might aswell uninstall, cause nobody needs them playing just to ruin the game for others.

Camping in legit.. If people can't handle it.. Then don't play. Not every killer camps... Not every killer camps all the match... Everyone does not play the same way.

"I main killer"

I'm sure you're not that brain dead to know not everyone JUST PLAYS KILLER OR SURVIVOR.
    Right?
    I'm a casual survivor, I main killer.

• MhhBurgers

@ReneAensland said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@ReneAensland said:

@TheBean said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Killer main here.

LULS

"I main killer"

I'm sure you're not that brain dead to know not everyone JUST PLAYS KILLER OR SURVIVOR.
    Right?

Here's a situation when I'll camp:

facing a SWF with at least 1 DS, because if you wanna play sweaty and ruin my time then why should I play chilled too?

• ReneAensland

@MhhBurgers said:

@ReneAensland said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@ReneAensland said:

@TheBean said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Killer main here.

LULS

"I main killer"

Right?

Here's a situation when I'll camp:

facing a SWF with at least 1 DS, because if you wanna play sweaty and ruin my time then why should I play chilled too?

Try hard against try hards.
    The cycle continues.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@The_Crusader said:
    Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

The_Crusader said:

Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

🤨

By defend the hook you mean "put person on hook and circle around them over and over again".

Nowhere near to the same degree.
  • MhhBurgers

@The_Crusader said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@The_Crusader said:

Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

The_Crusader said:

Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

🤨

Nowhere near to the same degree.

Permanently knowing when I'm chasing somebody and where I am approximately, esp great for ambushkillers. Telling each other which pallets are used up to reduce mistakes. Yeah that's not broken at all.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Lmao...you people are hilarious
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@HellDescent said:
    Didn't read the whole thing, but if you're new, you're probably still in the lower ranks. 90% of the games you will get camped, since killers don't pip and just stay there. Rank up a bit, green or purple ranks are way better.

You can still pip with camping especially at lower ranks. People will hook rush even with you there and then you get your chaser points back with them running in and out. Much less the chaser emblem penalty is a joke. You can camp every single person and only lose about 5% if that.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    I hate seeing that other people run into this issue as much as I do, but at the same time it's nice to know I'm not the only one, cause if you just base it off of the forums you would thinking running into campers is pretty rare... But I run into a camping killer in over half of my rounds... 
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Redplanet said:

You realize this is heavily survivor sides meaning people would just hang around looping the killer while there swf team hits all the gens fast then 3man rush the hook and all leg it while one guy is then camped to secure a kill only to have again 3 man rush as the gate is open and there body blocking the slower killer 
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Redplanet said:

why is there no penalty for camping?

Yes, I know, "if they are camping just get gens". I agree but that won't work. If in a group, yeah sure, but if in randoms and can't talk, no one knows what anyone is doing. 

First, there is, a % penalty for "camping".

Second, "camping" is defended by the devs as a strategy, even if a dumb one, to be used if someone wishes. 

Third, You dont need a group to walk over and see/hear that the killer is camping, then walk away...
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Unless killer is slugging to death, survivors are entitled to exactly 1 hook. Anything more is a bonus for good plays. Its up to teammates to make the right call and timing to grant you more. 
  • purebalance

@ModernFable said:
    Here’s my suggestion:

Play Killer for while.

It helps you understand how the Killer thinks as well as when they’re weak. Playing both sides considerably increases your understanding and ability as a player.

Other than that, you can watch videos and gain a better understanding that way. See what other players do, and learn from it: see what works and what doesn’t.

I play killer at rank 1. Camping is for people who are complete garbage.

• purebalance

@ReneAensland said:
    Call of Duty did it for ONE game, either Black Ops 1 or Modern Warfare 3, I don't remember.

The last thing you want someone on console to do is put in another game and forget about the one they played before.
    I'm just saying.

@ReneAensland said:

I'm just saying.

Much less you have to pay for the access on console. You need PS plus to play on PS4 and that's my only reason I have it. Sony would never agree to console bans.

• purebalance

@MegaWaffle said:
    @ReneAensland

625 vs 1500, I'm going to dc. Camping shitters don't deserve anything.

Also if dc's get bans, killing yourself on the hook should also be a ban since it is also ragequitting which they said was wrong.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

@ModernFable said:
    Here’s my suggestion:

Play Killer for while.

It helps you understand how the Killer thinks as well as when they’re weak. Playing both sides considerably increases your understanding and ability as a player.

Other than that, you can watch videos and gain a better understanding that way. See what other players do, and learn from it: see what works and what doesn’t.

I play killer at rank 1. Camping is for people who are complete garbage.

I haven’t made any comment on camping in this discussion.

The person said they were new, and they seemed to require some assistance. So I gave them a suggestion to help, that’s all.