Tinkerer Sucks

Only Hillbilly is really making use of this since its change. Idk if you should lower the percentage in which it activates, or increase movement speed for the duration of not having a terror radius.. or make progress go slower after hitting a certain milestone of gen progress.. but this perk isnt working for anyone else unless youre already near the generator getting finished. Tried it on Spirit too and takes too long to get to the generator.

Comments

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Yeah used to be a great perk to boost your add-ons abilities but now it's very gimmicky
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I can agree with this, I want to say this would be good with Legion but he's slow, if you use your Frenzy to get to the Gen you still won't make it the whole way and might not get enough back by the time you reach the Gen.

I think it should start at 80 or 75 percent to give the killer more time to reach said Gen, maybe a longer time for no TR as well because I don't think you can reach certain Gens in 10 seconds.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@laKUKA said:
    Yes! BUT the new perk 2 surv in a gen...is way more better!

It is, I don't have many good perks for Legion right now so Discordance is in every build I use for them.

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    What makes tinkerer so gimmicky is that by the time you get the notification at 85%, you have have to make a quick decision. Do I go there knowing I might surprise a survivor or two but the gen will get done more than likely, or do I use the time to try and sneak up on someone else who may or may not be near me.

Changes that I would like to see to tinkerer...
    1.) The notification time is lowered somewhere between 75%-80% and the silent terror radius timer increased to 15 sec up from 12sec since more than likely the gen will still get completed but this gives the killer a bit more of a chance to interrupt the gen work and have more of a chance to surprise survivors. 
    Or
    2.) Have the silent terror radius removed and have a lullaby like effect on that gen till it's completed. The gen being worked on would have random sound notification for upcoming skill checks during the last 15% and would slightly reduce the gens progression. (I feel that would fit better for a perk called tinkerer.)
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its a fun perk for fun builds.
    just dont run it when you want to tryhard and your fine.
    i really like the idea and i think its fun to play with / against.