Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should event offerings be refunded at the end of events?

darkcloudlink
darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326

I have seen a lot of people, including myself, who have obscene amounts of the Halloween event's Arcane Dowsing Rods, much more than we could have ever used during the event. With people wasting upwards of 500,000+ bloodpoints on an offering we can no longer use, I wanna know, what do y'all think about it?

Should event offerings be refunded at the end of events? 47 votes

Unusable event offerings should be refunded automatically for the price of each offering collected at the end of the event
23%
GibberishMattie_MayhemOG[Deleted User]darkcloudlinkgarderachiHaunterofShadowsHagathaSimmonsMeakoxni6_Chikyzerojavier 11 votes
Create an option to refund unusable event offerings at your own discretion
57%
MrPenguinFreddoEnderloganYTSebaOutbreakbm33CheeseAntonGuiltiiHex_iButtGazgemauchAurelleAlex_[Deleted User]BothSidesEnjoyerEmpireCity830BeoltharTsukahSlanKotelettphantomFinestFantasyVISpirit_IsTheBest 27 votes
Leave unusable event offerings in your inventory (unchanged)
8%
Aven_FallenElcopolloIlliterateGenocideQuietus 4 votes
BHVR should remove all unuseable event offerings and give BP based on how many you collected (like with Hawkins ID badges)
8%
gneheheRobotfangirl67ForestOfForestsStealThoust 4 votes
Something else (let us know what you'd like to see!)
2%
NoOneKnowsNova 1 vote

Comments

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    Leave unusable event offerings in your inventory (unchanged)

They are the cheapest items in the game, along with Common ones, so you really are saving a lot of BP by just buying them in Bloodweb, which is already a win in of itself. Plus, they're kinda like collectibles, which I personally wouldn't wanna lose.

I don't see how having piles of them in the inventory is a problem that needs solving. Especially given the fact that irrelevant Event items are stored at the very end.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Unusable event offerings should be refunded automatically for the price of each offering collected at the end of the event

Well, the way I’m looking at it isn’t about the fact that they’re cheap, it’s that you can’t use them after the event. And as a survivor with 570 Arcane Dowsing Rods on a single character, I could have had 570 brown medkits, but the game forced me to take the offerings that I can’t use anymore. I can use murky reagents, medkits, flashlight addons, etc., but I cant use Arcane Dowsing Rods. That’s over a million BP I could’ve spent on useable items and addons.

I get where you’re coming from though, and I know you’re not the only one who likes the souvenirs. I always keep at least 1 cake from every event lmao.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233

An optional exchange program would be good for those who want to keep somethings as a collectible, while others could convert them into BP. I'd argue there should be a .5 ratio for conversion (1k back instead of 2k) at least.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I think overall there should be a system to get rid of unwanted items/addons/offerings. Personally I'd get rid of every fog and luck offering but I like having event offerings as a souvenirs of the events I've participated in so would like to hold on to those.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to items/offerings so I would like an option to exchange them for BP

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    Something else (let us know what you'd like to see!)

Only allow them to be sold for blood points if they will never return. If they're going to return for an event a year later then what's the point in forcing them to be sold?

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 129

I like the idea of refunding offerings. Not just event, but any you dont like. Like seriously as a killer you get map offerings even though the map is trash for that certain killer. Im looking at you Garden of Pain and Badham.

What killer in their right mind would wanna send themselves there?

I also think even if event offerings are useless in a scenario, they should be refunded

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746

I have a total of maybe 100 offerings that are just wasted BP sso...