Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are you glad that an medieval chapter was added to dbd?

Krose
Krose Member Posts: 7

I know that speculation about an medieval killer had been on and off for a while are you happy about?

Are you glad that an medieval chapter was added to dbd? 49 votes

YES, I had been waiting for this!
51%
OnryosTapeRentalsTheRockstarKnightMattie_MayhemOGMonlythGlamourousLeviathanEmealTatariuFilthyLegionMainArchAbhorMarc_go_soloCheeseAntonQwQwAnneBonnyGazgemauchHaunterofShadowsAurelleZachcjjjBothSidesEnjoyerDelusionalHubrisduygu 25 votes
I don't really care honestly
32%
kisfenkinTaigaCrowmanNormal1PatatesIlliterateGenocideGuiltiijust_one_playerAlex_SmoeBeoltharLittle_KittenChikySlanKotelettphantomOrangeBearthe_dempsy99 16 votes
NO, I don't think it fits dbd!
2%
HugTheHag 1 vote
Something else...(comment)
14%
[Deleted User]NoOneKnowsNovaGRIG0[Deleted User]CybilSpirit_IsTheBestLiveBritishReaction 7 votes

Comments

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 941

I have mixed feelings on it. I never really was a fan of medieval things so it's all new for me based on things like Knights. Though it looks cool, can't wait to try it out in a month or so.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I've always wanted a chapter based on a different time period and this is the closest thing we got so far. Hoping for an 70's-80's themed chapter sometime.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

Never thought much about it but I love the killer. He looks like a licensed character.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I feel like it could've been taken in a much better direction but I'm excited for its console release regardless.

• Zeita
    Zeita Member Posts: 70

i was hoping for some (KNIGHTS TALE) Refrences and easter eggs

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I'm indifferent. The killer power concept is pretty cool even if a bit underpowered on the ptb. It being a knight is interesting, but not something that I say I'm excited for.

Still will pick up the dlc since the perks looks interesting on both sides.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

yeah i like it

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 308

Still waiting for a castle map. Maybe one day they'll add it as a second map for the Knight's realm or for that vampire (or something else) we saw in the tomes 😁

I like the map tho!

• Cyber_Atlas
    Cyber_Atlas Member Posts: 276

It's gonna be fun :D the new map is op

• YES, I had been waiting for this!

When a Knight killer was leaked, I was so excited because I was hoping we would get a Dark Souls collab. Even though that didn't happen, I am still glad since I really like Knight's design and he seems very fun to play. He may be on the weaker side of killers but that never stopped me from playing Pig and Clown.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

What @ImmersedNurse said. Too lazy to do it myself lmao

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746

didn't even know it existed, had to search for it... tbh feels pretty out of place, bit it's cool

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 427
    edited November 2022

A better question for me is "Are you glad you got the medieval chapter you did?" because the answer there is a hearty no. I've wanted a knight killer forever, but the one we got has a power that, as a concept, I am entirely opposed to even so much existing in the game, let alone playing it consistently. So the knight I've wanted forever ended up being a killer whose fundamental design I hate, meaning the chances of getting a knight with a well-made power now are slim to none.

Post edited by LiveBritishReaction on
  • TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I feel pretty similarly. This isn't what I was wanting.

I've always wanted a chapter based on characters from before the Modern Era. It's why I really like Plague and why I was so excited for The Knight and Vittorio.

But the Knight just feels poorly thought out. Like an attempt to overcome the limitations they encountered with the AI of Nemesis' Zombies, but so altered to the point that he's basically Artist 2.0. Functionally he's best played by pressing M2, the Survivor must then either W away from loop or get hit.

Conceptually a Killer that has minions sounds awesome. But this incarnation of it just ain't it.

Nobody loves the W meta. Stop trying to make the W meta mandatory BHVR.

Please.

As for Vittorio, I'm incredibly disappointed they gave him a modern design for his default outfit. Looks and lore are all that a Survivor really is, so I'm sad our very first historic Survivor didn't get period dress.

Speaking of lore, I'm also disappointed in the lore for both Vittorio and Tarhos, but I understand that's a far more subjective thing. Others may love it, and I don't begrudge them that.

I'll probably get The Knight with Shards for his perks, but for Vittorio I'd rather wait until they eventually appear in the Shrine.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Yes.

• Something else...(comment)

Artist 2.0 is an understatement imo. He's Twins 2.0, built like Nemesis zombies 2.0, and yet somehow plays like Artist 2.0. It's a whole mess of some of the most frustrating killers in the game.