The new engine completely ######### me

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited December 2018

Yeah this happens a lot to me but I've gotten use to it.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    What the problem? I don't get it 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@DwightsLifeMatters look at the skillcheck

• DwightsLifeMatters

Looks like a normal ruin skillcheck, whats the issue?
  • HellDescent

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    HellDescent said:

Can you differentiate brightness/colours?

• DwightsLifeMatters

HellDescent said:

Can you differentiate brightness/colours?

Yeah, the only thing which could maybe be different is the needle beeing a little bit "glowing", other than that I really don't see anything else tho
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Ok y is your skill check x while.mines l1
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I really don't see the issue.

Is whatever that is going on this picture hurting anyone?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

What am I supposed to be looking at? All I see is a Ruin skillcheck.

• HellDescent

@SnakeSound222 said:
    What am I supposed to be looking at? All I see is a Ruin skillcheck.

you can barely see it now

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88

Are you colorblind (at some point)? I mean... The colorblindness that makes you not recognize some shades of particular color. Cuz for me also it looks like normal Ruin skillcheck, maybe a little bit less red, than before. Though, in-game it might actually look diffrently and it is less visible (like scratchmarks imo. They seem to blur into the new colors pretty easly)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

The circle's kinda blurry i guess.
    But the Skill Check itself is still visible enough.
    Since you get a warning ahead, know where the Skill Check pops and don't need a circle, it shouldn't be a problem.

Now, if you're colorblind and play against Doctor, this becomes a very different story...

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    All I see is a ruin check. If the concern is over the visibility then maybe chose your camera angle better. Depending on the map some backgrounds are gonna blend and its your choice where to look.
  • HellDescent

@Najemniczkas said:
    Are you colorblind (at some point)? I mean... The colorblindness that makes you not recognize some shades of particular color. Cuz for me also it looks like normal Ruin skillcheck, maybe a little bit less red, than before. Though, in-game it might actually look diffrently and it is less visible (like scratchmarks imo. They seem to blur into the new colors pretty easly)

If you don't see the difference between this hex skillcheck and the one before 2.4.0 update, I'm not the one who's colorblind here

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

So the engine update was an indirect buff to ruin, good to know.

Ruin is supposed to be hard to fight through, go hunt the totem, ez.

• HellDescent

HellDescent said:

@Najemniczkas said:

If you don't see the difference between this hex skillcheck and the one before 2.4.0 update, I'm not the one who's colorblind here

Then put both version next to each other and we can talk about that. Noone here noticed something different expect of you. Maybe ur trolling, Idk but put pictures next to each other for comparison 

You've never played the game before 2.4.0?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The new engine update is fantastic.

Not perfect, but an great improvement for sure. I love it.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

That's weird. Why is there a ruin skill check when no one is working on that generator?

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited December 2018

Uh, beside it being a console (crappy graphics and awful resolution), I don't see anything wrong with that ruin skill check...

Hell, even googled out some pic of a ruin skill check pre 2.4.0 to make sure it looks the same.

It's the same.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited December 2018

Looks fine to me.

I'd hit that...

Skillcheck, that is.

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88
    My god, I didn't want to be harsh when I asked if you're slightly colorblind, since noone else sees the diffrence, except for you.

Uh, beside it being a console (crappy graphics and awful resolution), I don't see anything wrong with that ruin skill check...

Hell, even googled out some pic of a ruin skill check pre 2.4.0 to make sure it looks the same.

It's the same.

I mean, looks more blurry, but the one on the right is from PC, so it's hard to tell if there is a difference. Adding to it different bg and it's even harder to tell if it is in fact worse