Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which Killer needs a rework immediately?

Beolthar
Beolthar Member Posts: 27

Which Killer needs to be reworked to be compatible with the current state of the game? It could be a few minor adjustments or a complete overhaul of the killer's power (what it does, how it functions, etc.).

Please leave a comment about who you chose, why you would rework them, and how you would rework them!

Which Killer needs a rework immediately? 92 votes

Trapper
25%
GibberishkisfenkinHaraakDonleovAnnoyingNarratorHeaderViktor1256EntinatyTheArbiterPSPJustWhimsicalAlex_KirarozuEmpireCity830BeoltharNoirGhostEntitled_survivorHugTheHagVanaKrose 23 votes
Sadako
14%
BlueberryWalterBlackfriedcatwithpotatoMattie_MayhemOGPathozBigBayBubbajust_one_playerEvilSerjeFBD_WalterClements71BothSidesEnjoyerIron_CutlassBrummiTheMetalOne 13 votes
Nemesis
1%
AnneBonny 1 vote
Clown
3%
DddtpSpirit_IsTheBestCBT137 3 votes
Hillbilly
5%
musstang62Meakoxni6_solarjin1Zerotoxiks 5 votes
Pig
4%
Ink_EyesViktor1853AurelleQuietus 4 votes
Freddy
18%
[Deleted User]FilthyLegionMainFellowKillerMainBrokenbonesGannTMi_dont_care223Thr_ustNathan13HaunterofShadowsfussyWesCravenFanOkonar_duyguFridayNightPizzaKotelettphantomByeByeQAverageAshEnjoyer 17 votes
Wraith
1%
Jungles23 1 vote
Doctor
0%
Other, who and why?
27%
foodieWhite_OwlroundpittMB666Hawk81584Pega6WampiritaNoOneKnowsNovath3syst3mGuiltiiDyingWish92XernotonXendritchLittle_KittenChikyBot_Salvo88SlanBearMerchantFinestFantasyVIleowt 25 votes

Comments

• Beolthar
    Trapper

I would choose Trapper because his power is more up to the survivors whether or not it works. I would rework his power so that he could throw his traps and they get set where they land, with base kit deep wound or 5 sec. hindered effects on survivors who escape a trap. I would also add a few more total traps to the map. I would also make an add-on that would allow traps to be set on walls or ceilings for some time (like maybe 60 seconds) and they would activate if a survivor passed by them. Another add-on could be that he could throw his trap directly at a survivor and it would trap them if it hits, while in exchange he could only carry one trap at a time.

• Entinaty
    Entinaty Member Posts: 165
    Trapper

Definitely Trapper because he is the epitome of a basic M! Killer whose power relies on RNG and maps, which considering the issue with maps in this game currently is a huge problem. By the time you even set up an are to guard the game could be halfway over, and if facing a SWF then help might as well pray at that point. I would rework his power entirely to make all of his traps invisible to all except him or someone using a map, only allow about 5 at a time and have him carry them all on his person from the start.

• i_dont_care223
    i_dont_care223 Member Posts: 124
    edited November 2022
    Freddy

obviously freddy the micro sleep mechanic can stay but he needs something else that doesnt make him a clown knock off like dream gens dream totems something like that

• Beolthar
    Trapper

I get that she's OP, at least against SoloQ, but why would you choose her to be reworked over all of the other killers, especially when a lot of other killers can't even compete? (Not trying to start an argument, just curious as to your reasoning 🙂)

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Freddy

Freddy is just such a sad killer. Bad power, boring gameplay, bad addons, and he doesn't resemble Freddy in the movie at all

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 941
    edited November 2022
    Clown

Clown because he is a huge problem with people who have motion sickness from the gas bottles, the blurry vision can be really bad for people.

Just simply either remove the blurry vision but in return give him a buff/replacement instead. Or simply rework him as a whole because he is weak killer at the end of the day though.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809
    Other, who and why?

Myers, duh,

He needs an absolute rework

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    Other, who and why?

I'll be honest I'd love if they could do it similar to what they did with ghostface and Legion where (iirc) they released the two reworks in one update. The reason I chose Nurse above all these however is that I feel like her lack of counterplay makes her annoying to play against and boring to play as.

Maybe I was too quick to say Nurse, especially when Freddy is in dire need of one. I probably took this question slightly too biased in a sense and thought of it as "who would I rework" opposed to "who needs a rework the most" so I'll claim fault on that.

In conclusion, I hate Nurse but if I could go back and change my answer it'd probably be Freddy cause while Nurse needs a rework, there are a few killers that need one more.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Freddy

Actually they've done something about this. You know that little crosshair that appears whenever you walk into a gas cloud? That's there so people with motion sickness have something to focus on

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616
    Trapper

Trapper should start with more traps. Like 5+ and be able to carry that many.

He should be twice as fast as he is at setting a trap and resetting a trap.

Half or more of the traps on the map should start setup when the match begins, and his add-on for disarming traps he walks through should be basekit.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746
    Other, who and why?

Pyramid Head needs a huge buff. So far the weakest killer from among those I use

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2022
    Other, who and why?

Haggers as she hasn't been touched since 2018. She has a lot of bugs, bugs from 2018 that haven't been fixed, bugs from the PTB coming up in the next update unless the devs fix them. Flashlights are too overpowered on her and she is needing to have franklin's in all her perk builds just to avoid her power getting completely and utterly destroyed. Her addons are boring and useless(most of them)

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 129
    Other, who and why?

Im shocked you didnt put Nurse

the undisputed strongest killer

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375
    Other, who and why?

Umm twins

• Beolthar
    edited November 2022
    Trapper

Nurse is the only killer that's too strong. Even with that, she's not guaranteed a 4k (at least at top level play where all the players are closer in skill than in public matches). IMO, she doesn't need a rework as much as the ones listed.

Trapper's power doesn't really work even against decent SoloQ players. Freddy's power isn't very interactive or effective. Pig's power is extremely limited in use (and why do the Devs seem to hate her so much?). Nemesis's zombies don't work half the time, they just start licking rocks and trees, or doing a waddle-dance whenever a survivor passes by. Sadako has a very weak and noninteractive power. Clown is OK and I love that he's basically a murder-hobo, but his power is weak unless you use certain add-ons. Hillbilly is way too difficult to learn for the effectiveness of his power. Wraith and Doctor are OK, but they're a bit weak overall.

I guess the main reason I didn't put Nurse is because I think she's OK for the current state of the game. That's all of my reasoning at the time I made the poll. But that's why I put Other as an option, to get people's opinions, including Nurse.

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 306
    Other, who and why?

Twins. They are pretty weak and lack map perssure. Victor has an easy counter as well. And then we have the inconsistent leap hitbox.

• Other, who and why?

Knight. He's like Twins but even more poorly thought out.

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Other, who and why?

Nurse.

I’ve always backed nurse but the more time goes on the more I find myself saying “how is this even allowed” lol.

• TheCarnoRexYT
    TheCarnoRexYT Member Posts: 6
    Other, who and why?

Freddy's actually a good killer, you just need to be good at him (not a dig or insult, I can't actually do anything with Spirit or Nurse or the other good ones so i guess i'm just good at the bad ones)

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    Freddy

its not that he's weak

he's just rlly boring to play as, doesnt rlly feel like i'm playing as freddy

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746
  • Other, who and why?

Yes, the one who isn’t out, and the only one in my 6 and a half years of playing DBD that I wish stayed that way.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
    Freddy

Freddy needs it bad.

• Cyber_Atlas
    Cyber_Atlas Member Posts: 276
    Trapper

I will vote for Trapper. It's an iconic killer and it doesn't look well for the brand that it is also its weakest

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    Other, who and why?

Why would you not list nurse or blight? Are you afraid those would get 90% of the votes?

• Other, who and why?

The concept is incredibly fundamentally flawed. He has all the problems with Twins, all the problems with Nemesis zombies, and all the problems with Artist in one single killer, and there’s no way to fix that without completely scrapping his power. A killer who summons other killers to do stuff for him and turn the 4v1 game into a 4v2 is a killer that DBD simply is not built for.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Other, who and why?

Hag.

When was the last time anyone has seen a Hag that doesn't hard camp with her traps? Her power is flawed in so many ways I'm too tired to list them.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Freddy

Multiple killers are weak, but Freddy is seemingly the weakest.

Doctor needs some kind of bonus for increasing survivor madness levels, like a speed boost or something. There's only so many times he can raise it before it stops and madness is incredibly easy to remove these days. I think his power's basekit should be yellow addon range, and yellow addon detonation delay.

They could reduce the amount of time it takes pig to crouch, and the sound she makes when using her special attack.

Freddy is just really good at hearing survivors win.

• Beolthar
    Trapper

I have already addressed my reasonings when making this poll. Please look in the comments to find it (it's on the first page). TLDR; Nurse's power works, which is more that can be said of some of the killers on the list. She may need a change, but I don't think she needs one as bad as a lot of other killers do.

As for her or blight getting 90% of the votes, from what I've seen of this community, most who would choose them would do so simply because they don't like them, not because they actually need a rework more than the other killers. But I put "Other" as an option, which includes Blight and Nurse. And yet, they don't have 90% of the votes anyway (at least, so far). So far, no one has said blight except for you and only 3 or 4 have commented that they voted for nurse (including your vote). Meyers, Pyramid Head, Twins, Hag, and Knight have also been voted for with the "Other" option.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    Other, who and why?

Nurse subverts the core mechanics of the game by teleporting through them. She teleports through pallets, windows, walls, floors. Her power more than works.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968
    Other, who and why?

nurse pretty much everyone knows why...

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240
    Trapper

Trapper. I've played freddy recently with no problems. Trapper is so easy to beat as long as your team isn't dumb and keeps running into shack traps.

• Trapper

Do you still believe this after the official release of Knight?

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Other, who and why?

Nurse.

the only killer that can straight up ignore the only defence the survivors have

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Other, who and why?

Twins. Last time I saw one was many months ago when they did a Tome with them.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    Hillbilly

For the good of all survivor players, and all the past hillbilly mains, please resurrect Billy's cold, lifeless body. I beg you BHVR

Or just do the lazy thing and make him pre-rework Billy but prevent charge add-ons from stacking

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583
    Other, who and why?

Twins. There is like 2 Twins mains on the planet and no one else bothers playing them. They are extremely hated by survivors as well. You cannot play Twins in a nice way. Their power literally forces you to slug.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

Freddy's dream world needs to be more of a threat. Maybe give him increased teleport recovery for every survivor in dream world. Give him both pallets and snares basic kit. Maybe give setting up a snare outside of a chase give some additional effect.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Other, who and why?

Twins

Even Twins mains find them frustrating.