Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else started seeing Adrenaline every match?

Now I won’t lie, I’ve always thought Adrenaline was a very strong perk, especially during the no-heal genrush meta of 2019, but after that meta was over the perk really fell out of use. However, in my experience, it’s become extremely prevalent, to the point where I have been seeing it more than any other perk these past few weeks.

I have been seeing Adrenaline every match—and I assure you, I am not exaggerating. When I say I’ve been seeing it every match, I mean EVERY match. It is to the point where I am genuinely amazed if there aren’t at least two Adrenaline icons in the post-game screen.

Has anyone else been having a similar experience? I would really, REALLY hate to see the Adrenrush meta come back as it was quite possibly the worst meta this game has ever seen, so I’m hoping it’s just bad luck on my end.

Comments

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

It was always a solid and prevalent perk in my games,, knowing you can clutch the last gen while injured or fo take a hit and jave ur swf pop last gen opens up lots of plays,, even havinf the speed and heal of a hook is massive

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,263

I see a lot of other people use it, personally i dont want to use a perk that only gives me value once in a match.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

To add to that, I don't want to use a perk that might not even come into play at all. Reaching the endgame in solo queue is not at all guaranteed.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

For me, adrenaline is heavy overrated. Not that it is not useful in some situations, but the main problem i had is that most games i lose, i lose before i reach EGC.

That's why i dont use another endgame perk like NOLB that gives you 4 effects at once

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Remember that DS and OTR don't work on endgame. Adrenaline is one of the few perks that will give you a chance of survival during the end of the match.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I see it a lot (probably even more than I did before 6.1.0 and it was popular before, too).

And I use it a lot myself. I love it. I can’t tell you how many times as a survivor Adrenaline has made a difference for me and/or my team. It’s such a good perk and especially now that DS no longer works in endgame I’d argue it’s even more valuable than it was in the past.

It really isn’t overrated. It doesn’t do anything until endgame, but its effect is very often game-changing in my experience, especially if you play into it a bit. And on the off chance a killer has Terminus (which prevents the heal to healthy), oh well, it’s not a popular pick for killers so I don’t mind taking that risk.

I do understand your sentiment regarding endgame perks though and as a survivor it’s very rare that I’ll bring more than one of them for that reason. If I have multiple of them and then die before endgame, then I just end up wishing I’d had more perks that could’ve helped me get there. But I don’t feel that way with only 1. Whereas with killer, if I don’t get to endgame that means I already won, so I don’t mind running full endgame builds on killer.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,603

Some of my most fun moments have come from playing perks that only have a small chance to be used, but when they end up seeing success, or a fun play, I always am glad I brought it. Adrenaline, Hope, even Power Struggle.

I don't see Adrenaline too often when I play killer, but when I do, it's ALWAYS when I close the hatch!

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,174

Not really, its more or less the same rate as before. Its a very good perk so people are going to run it just like other very strong 'meta' perks.

Being able to rely on it for end-game is a huge clutch since like said, it opens up a lot of plays and allows the survivor to keep the pressure on a killer by not losing time healing. I'm not surprised if people bring it. I'd be more surprised if they didn't tbh.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,851

I don't see it any more than usual in solo queue but I am starting to think I may run it more due to the amount of multiple slowdown builds I see lately. Of course it is pretty strong that it allows you to power through the last gen instead of healing and anything that does that is pretty strong.

I imagine others are thinking the same thing as the mass gen slowdown thing is getting a bit frustrating at this point