Are pallets spawning too close to each other?

Options

I swear there are pallets really close to each other, especially on Coldwind Farm maps. They are usually safe pallets as well.

I thought pallets weren’t supposed to spawn very close to one another. I think they said this when Badham was updgraded.

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Depends on the maps. Some of them are loaded with pallets and other aren't, so the distance between pallets vary from map to map.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I've noticed this as well, but most of the Coldwind realms tend to have tiles close to one another anyway when they are available.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

there can be 3 pallets within 5 meters from each other in garden. they are common in badham and eyrie as well

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,729
    Options

It was fixed in the generation algorithm a while ago, but around when they reworked RPD they broke it again. Its especially ironic when compared to hooks not accounting for pathing, but if I had to venture a guess they likely had to change some things to account for more static structures on many maps (like RPD/Garden of Junk/Haddonfield) and it messing up the potential possibilities for the free radical tiles. If thats the case, its probably a safety measure to lessen the restriction to prevent dead zones, but this... isn't a good way of handling it, as that gif above illustrates.

All hypothetical, of course. Except the pallets being too close, that does actually happen.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,995
    Options

badham is the only map that i truly think has pallets that are 2 close

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

RNG. With no value calculating

Some maps are just known to be safe pallet heavens though such as giddeon, erie and garden of joy...

Hell they can still spawn 2 pallets in the same loop, bad coding and map understanding...

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

That's the problem of some maps.

Eyrie of Crows.

Badham.

Fractured Cowshed.

AND The Game obviously.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

It was revealed in 3.5.1 that the developer uses a "loop safety" system to randomly generate maps. The higher the number, the more likely it is that the killer cannot reach the survivor (100 is the God Palette or God Window).

However, no explanation is given regarding connected tiles. We do not know if this system is still in use.

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 455
    Options

There are some maps where there are too many pallets. Like, if I can't ever catch the survivor because they have an arsenal of pallets to drop it isn't really balanced or fair.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 386
    Options

Think this Otz clip sums up GoJ pallet spawns quite nicely. https://youtu.be/s3Lt2Ku2h2w

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 761
    Options

Honestly I've been feeling like they've made pallets spawn much closer to each other. I've had that impression for like 3 patches or so. I dunno if it's true, but it seems to me like every map has so many more pallets and just general detritus than before.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Way too close, and most are no-mindgame.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Either way too close or they just don't spawn. I don't know what they did to auto haven and macmillan but I was trying to teach my friend Blight the other day and show him how to run generic tiles. I took him to coal tower first, not a single generic tile all of them were the new ones. Then I took him to wreckers yard and the exact same thing happened. I noticed pallets either weren't spawning or two right next to each other. Sad they ruined the two best realms.