Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should DELIVERANCE work during Stage 2?

AshInTheTallGrass
AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

Should Deliverance be reworked to let Survivors choose which hook stage they want to use it?

And on that note, I'll give a few other options.

Your vote is anonymous. Feel free to leave comments if you want.

Should DELIVERANCE work during Stage 2? 42 votes

Yes. Deliverance should be usable at either stage 1 or stage 2. It should be the Survivor's choice on when to proc it.
28% 12 votes
No. Deliverance should stay exactly the same. It should be usable only at stage 1.
52% 22 votes
Hell, why not make Deliverance work for BOTH stages? If I safely unhook someone twice, let me unhook myself twice. Why should I die on hook just because my teammates won't get me?
9% 4 votes
I don't think Deliverance should even be a perk, let alone get a QoL buff.
7% 3 votes
I'm not sure.
2% 1 vote

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Deli is completely fine the way it is. Being able to unhook yourself is already an extremely strong effect and is game-changing if used right. It's a strong but balanced perk. Doesn't need a buff.

• AshInTheTallGrass

I've heard counterarguments for that.

Deliverance is riskier than a hex. Can't be downed first, have to rescue a teammate first (not always a guarantee in solo, and trying to go get the save might actually be hurtful to the team and negatively impact the game overall), and you have to make sure there's no teammate ready to insta farm you and nullify you using the perk at the time you want.

As you said, using it right can be game-changing, but your solo teammates can override your plan.

What's your perspective on these points?

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

Deliverance is a great perk already. A coordinated SWF will force killers to slug out of fear of Deliverance. I don't think there is any reason to buff it.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I do think it should be shown to your teammates that you have it when you’re on the hook, so solo queue players know that they don’t need to save you. That would be a good quality of life change. If your teammate instantly farms you in front of the killer, that’s just poor play regardless.

But the risk of deliverance is that you need to save someone before you get hooked yourself, and that you can’t heal for a bit after you use it. In exchange for that, it can allow you to delete a lot of the killer’s pressure since no one has to come save you and your teammates can just continue doing gens. Strong effect, but it’s fair BECAUSE it is risky.

Or better yet, being camped to second stage? Wait until the last second and then deny the killer the time they spent camping you by unhooking yourself for free. And now that’s even better than it used to be since you get 10s of endurance (yes, it works on self-unhooks) and the killer can’t just down you again immediately. Before 6.1.0, a self-unhook guaranteed that there was no BT; that’s no longer the case.

• AshInTheTallGrass

Yes built-in BT certainly has been a benefit to situations like that.

That's an interesting idea (showing your teammates you have active Deliverance). I see no harm in having that.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Deliverance is already an extremely potent and game-changing perk, it absolutely does not need to be buffed.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

I like the idea of it having SOME functionality during stage 2. But it shouldn't let you get yourself off. Maybe slowed hook timer? Easier skill checks? No skill checks? But only if you got a safe unhook after getting hooked the first time.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746

I voted for the 2 uses. That would incentivate the team cooperation to unhook people. It would need a slight rework or nerf tho

• m0ssdr4ws
    m0ssdr4ws Member Posts: 5

i say we should be able to use it in second or first stage because the amount of times i have been hooked first with deliverance?? i know the perk has a risk factor, but. it's extremely frustrating. maybe it should be unhook two survivors safely before being able to use it on second stage, but keep it the same for the first stage. i don't think you should be able to use it twice, that's kind of crazy. many survivors will use it and it'll make it harder for killers to track survivors or keep the game in check. this would likely also cause a lot of problems on the killer's side. like a lot. unhooking other survivors is a distraction from doing gens, if the survivors, especially a swf, don't have to worry about unhooking, they just stick to gens. that'd be frustrating for the killers. point is, it's hard to balance all aspects of the game, but i think being able to use deliverance on first OR second stage with some nuance is a good idea!

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Deliverance is fine. It's already game changing when it works.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

MAYBE let it work on 2nd stage if it removes the basekit endurance but thats it