The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

HAVE YOUR PETS EVER CAUSED YOU TO MESS UP WHILE PLAYING DBD?

AshInTheTallGrass
AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670
edited November 2022 in General Discussions

Mine have. My cats sometimes sabotage my games with their sudden need for love. Sometimes, one will hop up on my lap and rub against my face, which blocks my view. Other times, they'll rub their heads against the controller causing "me" to press the wrong button at the wrong time. I've run into walls/rocks, blown skill checks, missed a vault, and body-blocked a looping teammate because I couldn't see.

So hey, next time your solo teammate randomly does something randomly and uncharacteristically bad, it's probably me. And it was probably my cat.

lol

EDIT:

This is my Mo 🙂 I have other fur babies, but Mo is the one who interrupts my games the most lol

But look at that face! How could I possibly be mad at him? @Huge_Bush @tippy2k2 please say hi to Mo :) Mo would absolutely love any affection/attention you'd give him lol

Post edited by AshInTheTallGrass on

Comments

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,707

My cats have unplugged my router a few times while playing though not much else. I actually had to redo my entire setup so they didn't keep unplugging it.

I've had a couple screen blocks but they're normally good about that and just lay on my lap.

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871

But, but, but ... since when is the killer so hairy? 😱

Ah, no, damn, it's just my cat 🤣

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

My cat takesa strong dislike to the crows, and as I play as survivor whilst hiding, she'll start battering the screen. So much so that on occassion I deliberately disturb the crow so it flies off and she stops. There are 2 occassions where I feel this resulted in my demise (at least!).

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

Yeah. My chinchillas will try to get to places that I barricaded them off of or go on my desk. Once one of them ran over my keyboard and found the key to restart the pc, it must have looked like I rage quitter -.-

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,549

Not exactly a pet but there was the one time a magpie decided to perch right outside my window, which my desk is next to.

They’re quite large when they’re less than a meter away from your face and you have no idea they’re there.

My mum yelled “bless you” from down the stairs as she thought I had sneezed.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

All the time. I've only had cats for a little over 8 months so they're essentially in their teenage years. Neeko likes to jump up on my shoulder and put my dominant arm to sleep. She also likes to groom me while I'm playing. Her rough tongue I'm trying to dodge usually makes me run into walls/blow up gens.

Zuri on the other hand nibbles my fingers and attacks my controller or mouse. She also likes to attack the screen while I am playing so I can't see.

le sigh

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

Holly has not. She is a strong independent kitty who don't need no MAN to keep her occupied!!!! *Sassy finger snap noises*

I'm not 100% why she doesn't bug me when I game. I WFH a few times a week and at least once a day she decides she wants to play a game of "hunt the feet" or a game of "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!" as she hops up on my work desk but for whatever reason, doesn't do these things at my personal desk. At worst she'll hop up in my lap and lie there, which doesn't interfere at all with my game.

On weekends though it's super fun when she does that since my bird feeders are in the living room so she'll lie in my lap but also make that friggin adorable chirping noise cats make when they want to hunt something. Easily my favorite kitty noise 😍

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,289
    edited November 2022

Our pets have never caused me to make mistakes in DBD but I am not afraid to just drop chase as killer and pet my dog or cat.

Left to right - Jasmine, Ellie, Babykam

Jasmine will actually just sit next to me while I'm on the computer and poke at me occasionally. Ellie looks for Babykam to pester her.

This picture is roughly from 2021 or so but it tends to be the best representation of them. The most intrusive thing any of them does is either Ellie or Babykam will try to stick their head into my coat pockets. I feel Ellie considering she is new to the home and is a rescue may have picked the habit up seeing Babykam do it once.

Meanwhile - Playing DBD be like

• tippy2k2
  • AshInTheTallGrass

Oh my gosh, one of my cats, Mo, walks across the tv and sits in front of it too 😂 Mo also likes to bat at/attack the charging cable for my controller when I'm actively using it.

Your dog sounds so funny 😂

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

One of my dogs occasionally has a sudden need to go downstairs, sometimes the door downstairs is left closed, so she paws it very hard, its loud and i have to go into a locker so that i can go downstairs and open the door

• TeabaggingGhostface

The fiend herself

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    edited November 2022

My dog has occasionally forced me to stop playing in the most passive aggressive way possible, that being just sitting behind me and occasionally barking or nuzzling me until i acknowledge his existence

The longest he has done this for is 20 minutes

Post edited by DragonMasterDarren on
  • AshInTheTallGrass

🥹🥹 Oh my God, I love your dog already! That little face and those big, glossy eyes! 🥹🥹 Is that a cocker spaniel? I love cocker spaniels

• AshInTheTallGrass

haha I get something similar from my cats. Have you ever had a talk with your dog while doing it? I have lol I'll say things like, "Okay, okay. I see you. I'm sorry. I love you very much, okay? *pet, pet, pet* Now you gotta let me get back to this, okay?" Then I go back to the game and five seconds later, they're doing it again

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 225

I wish I could blame my poor performance on my dogs ;)

Your pets are all frikkin' adorable!

• AshInTheTallGrass

Oh my God, so cuttttteeee!

(and lol, I too force some brief hugs on one of my cats. He loves affection, but only on his terms, so if I give him a hug he squirms to get away. Still, he bears it because I have the magic fingers that scratch his cheeks and chin lol)

• AshInTheTallGrass

Awwww so sweet! I have an Ellie too 😊And I love how your cat is sleeping 😂

• TeabaggingGhostface

She's a food obsessed cavalier king charles spaniel, her name is Rosie

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2022

My cat tolerates hugs. She came from a very abusive household and spent most of her life hiding under furniture so she took a while to come out of her shell. She’ll never be a lap cat but she lets me walk around with her cradled in my arm like a baby for a bit. But when I lay next to her and hold her she starts growling like crazy but never tried to attack me. She prefers to sit next to me and accept pets and brushing and now purrs very softly. Took her about six months to start purring with me.

Now, if I take out some cooked salmon she’s all over me and becomes the sweetest thing! She’ll purr and rub into my legs and sing and chirp for me. I know she loves me cause when she thinks I’m not around I catch her sleeping on my bed in the exact spot I sleep in or sometimes she’ll sleep on my clothes that I’ve left lying around even though she has her preferred cat bed and cat tower.

I do wish I could give her a hormone shot to make her like she was the day she gave birth. She was so cute and affectionate. I knew it was all hormones at the time but I made sure to take advantage and get all the belly rubs in that I could.

Edit*

I forgot to add that she also comes to stand guard when I shower. She will jump in the bathroom sink (it’s right across the shower) and watch me until I’m done. She used to holler at me until I poked my head out from behind the shower curtain to let her know I’m okay. Once she fell in the tub while inspecting the situation and making sure I wasn’t dying. She doesn’t approach the tub any more.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,860

Pluto definitely has.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,954

I stopped playing late night because my cat really loves bad timing

• tippy2k2

Ha! Holly does something similar when I shower as she goes loaf mode just outside the bathroom door when I'm showering. I just assumed she was a pervert but maybe she's been protecting me 😂

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

My cats are the true killers in dbd.

• They want love. Right now. Even if that means crawling over my shoulders/getting in my face.
    • They want to play. Really, moving the mouse around is my fault. They can't be blamed to want their own game of catch.
    • "Human, look at how cute I am laying on your arm at this very inconvenient moment and in this inconvenient space. Aren't I adorable?"

Or, and my favorite, they'll just sit nearby and stare, knowing that I am powerless against reaching out to pet them.

• AshInTheTallGrass

Well, I officially am a fan of cavalier king charles spaniels now haha Rosie can get treats from me any day ;) (as long as she's not overweight and needing a diet lol)

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    edited November 2022

Eh, my cat too lazy to try something like that, but I'm getting a new dog today, so...who knows, they might mess with my gaming setup, lol

• AshInTheTallGrass

Aww that really breaks my heart. My little Mo came to my work door in the middle of a blizzard, sick and almost dead. He's also missing most of his front teeth, slightly bow-legged, and very small for his size. In short, he's stunted. The vet said he must not have gotten much nutrition in his early life. What happened to his mom, and how his teeth got cracked off, I have no idea. He was fully grown (1-2 years old) when he found me. I wish I knew his background. It sucks when you meet an animal who's had such a harsh life, and it's even worse when it's because of the cruelty of humans. I'm so glad your cat has you now, and yes, I have no doubt she cares deeply for you.

Also, that shower story is hilarious lol 😂 Mo often snoops when I shower, but I think he gets flashbacks of when I had to give him a flea bath because he bolts if I jokingly try to grab him lol

• AshInTheTallGrass

Awww Pluto looks so sweet. That's the type of dog where you want to put a blanket on them and curl up next to them. I'd give Pluto some treats and a good ear scratch if I could.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,256

Aw, I'm so happy Mo has adopted you as his permanent servant! God bless you for taking him in and giving him a loving home. I require you to post a picture of him and tag me when you do. May you both have many years together!

Also, I curse all animal abusers. I wish the worst upon them all, including the turds who abandon their pets because they don't want the responsibility anymore. (I'd get banned if I describe what I really want to happen to them)

• AshInTheTallGrass

Done! :)

And yes, it boils my blood when I see/hear things like that. It's unconscionable to me.

• AshInTheTallGrass

My cat just readied me up... I had no idea I was in a match. I turned around and there I was on the tv screen, AFK. 🤦‍♀️

(Don't worry. I wasn't AFK long enough to throw the game. But still. Sorry, solo!)