Why do killer players avoid hitting body blocking survivor.

Options
Yatol
Yatol Member Posts: 1,929

This happens a lot when i body block as surv. The killer will try to go around me, not swinging at me and just walk around, what caused me to make this post is today I played against a knight on midwich, i stood in a door frame like a jackass to let another injured survivor a chance to escape chase and the Knight instead of smacking me and going trough me decided to walk around me after I blocked him. When it happens to me i usually swing at the blocker.

Comments

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

A couple reasons...

1. Healing is a joke in the current meta due to medkits and CoH. Injuring the body blocker isn't worth it.

2. Hits break Bloodlust. Walking around doesn't.

3. Hitting the blocker gives the killer's intended target time to make distance while they're stuck in the cooldown.

Obviously, there are situations where it's better to just hit the blocker. It's a case by case basis that you learn to judge with experience.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

I'm not sure. I know for a fact though that the only way I will tunnel is if someone body blocks me with bt/otr. If you are healthy I will probably switch to you and you have achieved your goal.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

i forgot to bring visual reconstruction