why hasnt myers and laurie gotten new cosmetics?

this isnt a complaint (well i guess it is) but i wanted to know "legally" why myers and laurie havent gotten any new cosmetics. like is there licensing issues or something

i mean 3 new halloween movies have come out since they were added to the game and only 1 skin for each... would be cool to get the new halloween myers mask where his outfit is all singed. maybe he has the fire stick thing like from halloween kills idk

ya

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,854

It would be licencing issues vs cost to profit analysis no doubt.

They probably aren't popular enough to justify putting money into licencing and time/resources into creating cosmetics in the first place

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

Their license only covers the original movie.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

BHVR isnt going to comment on why they have not released more cosmetics as they never coment on licenses legal stuff.

Whats known is license holders must aprove any new cosmetics for them to be released and hearsay say Halloween and Elm Street license holders are the toughest to work with of all the holders so maybe the reason is on their end and not BHVRs.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,219

This.

There are several different license holders of the Halloween franchise across the different movies.

BHVR only has a deal that covers the first movie.

Similarly to how BHVR only has a deal for the remake of Nightmare on Elm St.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554

a reason why we haven't gotten Laurie's and Quentin's christmas sweaters yet

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2022

This is pure especulation by me (unlike some license holders being hard to work with which is hearsay) I believe its because Laurie character is part of Halloween license but Jamie Lee Curtis image is something managed by herself (or her agent/agency) so when you get Halloween license you get rights to put Laurie Strode in wathever media you agree with but you dont get the right to use Jamie Lee Curtis image, probably to make Laurie Strode look like her BHVR would have to pay both Halloween owners and Jamie Lee Curtis and maybe thats too much to make it profitable.

I think this applies to other licensed Survivors/Killers who dont look like the actors portaying them, Tapp-Danny Glover, Quentin-Kyle Gallner, Yoichi-Rikiya Otaka, Sadako-Rie Ino, Jigsaw-Shawnee Smith (Jigsaw has an human female head behind the pig mask). Ash, Nancy and Steve are exceptions to this, for Stranger Things probably Netflix manages their image rights or they being relatively new actors couldnt ask too much for their image and Ash was once in a lifetime thing and maybe they made the stretch to get Bruce Campbell and Evil Dead rights (or they were cheap or wathever).

The rest look like their other media counterparts because they are from videogames and not based on any actors so they dont have to pay for licenses and image rights.