We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How old is Vittorio

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,498
edited November 2022 in Lore

So he was in 1343 since I'm guessing you stop aging in the Entity's realm when he was taken how old was he because overall if he was taking the exact day he was born he would be and we stick with it being 2022 or something he would be possibly 679 years old but how old was he when he was taken.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

In the Entity's Realm time isn't really measurable the way it is outside of it.

You have to remember that it exists outside of physical reality. The realm is composed of abstract thought and consciousness, manifested visually as a sort of physicality by the Entity for the purpose of keeping the Survivors scared and the Killers killing.

In essence it's a shared nightmare/dream that the Entity controls.

Because this is takes place outside of any other universe, it's not possible to assign a year date for events in the Entity's Realm.

For example, The Entity took Michael Myers and Laurie from their universe in 1979, but that doesn't necessarily mean they've been in the Realm longer than Legion or Dwight, or that they've necessarily been there for a shorter amount of time than The Plague has.

It's fully possible that Legion and Dwight have been in the Realm for centuries while Michael has only been there for six years; because the time they're taken from doesn't have to correspond to time that's passed in the Entity's Realm.

That doesn't mean that Legion can't have been in the realm for 26 years (2022 -1996), just that if they have it's not because it's 2022 in the Realm: but because, for the Legion, 26 years had passed since they were taken to the realm from their universe.

But there's nothing stopping the Entity from suddenly taking one of the Legion's classmates from 1996, even though 26 years passed for the Legion. And that new person in the Realm would have been in their universe's 1996 just hours ago.

Vittorio's officially stated to have been in the realm for 'centuries'. We can assume this is true because it's been said directly by the developers. But we can't know if that's two centuries, three centuries, four centuries, etc.

In short, it's impossible to know exactly how long outside of a dev statement. And because the Realm is less an physical location and more a shared idea/dream, it doesn't really matter.

The only really important thing to note is that Vittorio has endured centuries of Entity torture and is still going.

As for Vittorio's age when he was taken, it's also impossible to know.

Birthdates weren't really kept track of; instead the date someone was christened was recorded. It might be close to the birthdate, especially if the infant was sickly or the birth problematic in some fashion, but it might also not be close at all, as to allow the mother and infant time to build up strength.

We can guesstimate that his white hair puts him somewhere over 40, but that's assuming it's that color naturally.

There's really no way to know for sure.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

He looks around 40 I guess

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

The real question is why this thread missed the lore forum xD

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited November 2022
    Options

He was the bare minimum of 48 when he was taken. He was born in 1343 and employed tarhos in 1391. Presumably he found his way to the Entity's realm a few weeks/months after tarhos betrayed and imprisoned him. So he would've most likely been 48 to 50 at most when he entered the realm.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 849
    Options

Either way, by now we have multiple 30 or 40+ male characters (and perhaps even 60+, in the case of Bill), yet not a single female character that isn't in her early 20s? For how "diverse" of a cast BHVR is supposedly interested in creating, that's a pretty sexist trend!

• zarr
    Options

Ha, doesn't even necessarily have to be a granny, a mature woman in her 30s to 50s would also be a welcome change of pace. Although old Laurie could have been cool of course. I guess Jane could be argued to be in her 30s, but seems more like mid or late 20s. Yun-Jin however does seem more mature.

I'm not actually personally all that interested in how diverse the cast is, but it's definitely a bit weird that it's exclusively young women. Surely they must have at the very least thought about older female characters, and yet never decided to introduce one. Seems like they might just think such a character would not sell well, and profits clearly are above diversity.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 203
    Options

Agree, would like a 70 year old female survivor to loop killers with, ty in advance Behaviour!

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427
    Options

At the very least Yun-Jin and Zarina definitely aren't in their 'early 20s'. They both have had careers of some length, especially Yun-Jin. Further, if you actually bothered to read the character descriptions, you'd know Elodie is 28 at the very least as well. Funny how people upvote comments that are straight up wrong just because it fits their prejudgments. I'd note that all the female characters you ignored happened to be the non-white ones if I cared to make insinuations.

• zarr
    edited November 2022
    Options

First of all, I used a "?" in that sentence. I actually did not bother to read character descriptions in detail, so I'm not sure whether we have confirmation of any female character's age. I was not asserting as much as a fact, I was mostly just wanting to highlight that all of the female characters are more on the younger side, while we have characters like Bill, Ace, Vittorio, Ash, that are clearly older, with grey hair and wrinkles. I'm also not sure what kind of "prejudgments" it would fit to notice such a trend. Let alone something about those "insinuations". If you bothered to read my second comment, I actually did mention Jane and Yun-Jin as characters that do seem more mature and that would at least surely not be in their early 20s, so I already defused my own statement (which again, was not a definite statement). But even they are early to mid 30s at most I'd think. Same for Zarina.

Either way, I stick to my point that it's odd to have no single female character that is clearly older, when there's multiple such male characters.