If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Survivor Rulebook for Killers

Options

Treat this topic lightly. It's not about discussing x or y playstyle.

I wish to create and actual IRL rulebook of the widely known "survivor rulebook for killers"

But I need y'all help. While I can think of many rules myself, I'd like for the book to have quite a few pages.

So please, share with me all the rules you can think of, they don't have to be super good, they just have to REEK of entitlement.

Doesn't matter if you're a survivor or a killer main, you definitely met survivors trying to tell others how to play.

I will share the book once I finish making it :D

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,325
    Options

First of all, unless you are NOT breaking any game rules, there are no other rules for both sides.

I would split this "book" into two part:

• Generaly agreeable
    • Personal twists

Generaly agreeable: is something like "hey Killer shouldn't tunnel" or "hey Killer shouldn't camp someone or face camp them", etc. Just set of few rules that "everyone" can agree upon usualy when it comes to playing "fairly".

Personal twists: well these are the wild things. These can be anything really. Someone mind find offensive and toxic that you down them because they were AFK. Someone mind find toxic that you hit them on the hook after they tbagged you. Or that you play some killer with some build. Or you play some add-on, playstyle, etc.

Simply put, what I am trying to say is: You will never make everyone happy. From 100 different people, 25 might think playing Pig itself is not friendly, 73 might don't care and the last 2 will DC and wait until endgame chat to tell you how horrible you are and you should uninstall the game (even if you played like the most fair killer ever).

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    Options

i want this book to be purely a meme, all of the like "smol PP perks", like when they call using X and Y perks cheating, you can't do this and that tactic, i'm supposed to win.

All the entitlement.

Nothing serious, just all the stupidity you can think of.

Don't think of actual rules the game has, it's not about them

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,022
    Options

Oh, well then.

Killer must run to the opposite side of the map after hooking someone. They must face the boundary wall and count to 30 before attempting their next chase.

• Jangles
    Jangles Member Posts: 377
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thou shalt not run franklins

Thou shalt not create 3 gens

NONONOED

4 Slowdowns are the devils plaything

Thou shalt see a recently hooked survivor running past them and pretend they didnt see them

Thou shalt not bait deadhard

this is fun

Thou shall watch me leave

If thou recieveth a trinket from thine survivor, said survivor is given all quarter and parley

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 156
    Options

2 other additions I can think of:

1. It is ur responsibility as a killer to make sure that survivors get unhooked in time. If you somehow crossed paths with the survivor that they decided should go for the rescue, delaying him/her and therefore making the person on the hook reach second stage or even die, u should dc for the sake of fairness or at least not participate in this game for another 60 seconds.
    2. If you use noed you are required to uninstall DBD after the match and never to touch it again EVER. Also ur a horrible person IRL
  • Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

Things I experienced:

Don't tunnel the unhooked

Don't camp a hook

Hook everyone twice

Spread the damage, killing is the last option

respect 4%

don't run XYZ Meta Perk

don't try other things, everything else could be annoying

don't pick up survivors from the escape line if they didn't made it

Break thrown pallets instead of playing them

commit way too long chases (and respect all other rules)

don't do predictions, could be sus

get 360ed at least once or sus

team with the 2nd last survivor to find the last one

if someone dc do funny stuff and/or let the others farm some bps

if it's a bad game (5gen, 3survs) be as chill as possible

[insert specific killer] do [specific killer] usual memes

I kept it short. There are also silly rules for survivor aswell and of course it's not logical, ignores the core of the game and also ignoree game rules and they are as personal as possible

• Wampirita
    Options

i mean, you can post the other side "rules" too, i can always do a tome 2 :D

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,705
    Options

Just google it, its already out there :)

• Wampirita
    Options

there's a lot of rules that are unlisted there, i know about it's existence, but i'd like to get as many as possible. Also every day i hear about new things killers aren't "allowed to", so it's nice to get people's thoughts here :D

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    Options

Rule 1: Dont use your power with Legion

Rule 2: Never use frenzy while survivor are unhooking and deep wound others in the vicinity as legion

Rule 3 : if you manage to hook someone. survivors are allow to tell you, you're a good legion 👍

Rule 4 : :never kill with Legion

Rule 5 : Never use Legion

GG ez clap

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

The only one I keep in mind when playing killer is don't tunnel 1 survivor on 5 gens.

BUT what about PJ Felix? 😟

• Huge_Bush
    Options

He’s excluded until he gets a full on shirtless cosmetic while only wearing tightey-whities and furry slippers.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

It’s so trite, right? I wanna see people talk about the killer rule book.

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 156
    Options

Another one is probably:

• Only survivors have map choice rights. If u as a killer choose a map though shall be branded as sweaty which is frowned upon in survivor circles.
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

As long as we remember that the killer rulebook for survivors is just as thick and cumbersome...

• Rootlo
    Rootlo Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2022
    Options

The only thing I care about is hard tunneling. If an unhooked survivor is being dumb after being unhooked then yeah, kill him. However, if you sit there and watch someone unhook, then only go for the unhooked you are a pos.

Everything else is fair.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

oh look a book that was made by survivors who think anyone will follow it

whoops there it goes in the fire camp

look play as you like, there ain't no rules

survivors don't care about killers so why should killers, tunnel, camp or don't, you are playing a game, if you gonna follow some imaginary rules, you might as well just let all 4 survivors go

• Phantom_
    Options

You're ruthless! 😭 Also LMAO at the tightey-whities & furry slippers tysm for that image 🤣

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 408
    Options

how about survivor rule book. survivors must do generators, killer must kill. doesnt matter how u get to that outcome be it gen rush, slug, camp, tunnel whatever. as long as you do the role you picked your all good.

But seriously making a topic asking for a rulebook that killers must follow is kinda entitled and i do hope that your games are filled with killers who don't follow your "rules"

😂

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options
  • MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278
    Options

I think I should be listed as “The Killer Crybook”

• Huge_Bush
    Options

You know you would shell out a pretty penny for it 😍

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810
    Options

Oh yess!!! more rules for me to break XD pls!

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Survivor Rulebook is NEVER EVER not funny and will be fresh and crisp forever.

Yes friends.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
  • ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 353
    Options

Other than what the game has set there is no "survivor rulebook", it's just a made up concept from salty killers who get upset at in game chat from other fools. Just more fools who believe it's actually real.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

People asking other players to not be a dick.

"The survivor rulebook!1!1!"

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482
    Options

Actually, save and bring ebony moris just for them.

Simps should be killed first imo. >:)

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,705
    Options
    • You are not allowed to ask for survivor nerfs, only the killer may be nerfed. Everything else is unfair and no fun.
  • AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482
    Options
  • Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

Here few rules...

You have to "always" leave hook and even if survivor is rescued immediatelly you are not allowed to go back. So you have to go find new survivor and just let the other two heal...

You are not allowed to go after same survivor you hooked if you have't hooked someone else in meanwhile. Even if he abuses off the record to prevent your getting another down.

If you play bubba you can facecamp but you have to allow trade to happen.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,930
    Options

Have a look at my rulebook and take whatever you like.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/345818/the-killers-rulebook#latest

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,001
    Options

This points out an issue - I disagree completely with the first two examples you list as "generally agreeable" and "everyone can agree on".

1. Killer shouldn't tunnel: BS. Tunnelling is a perfectly legit strategy - there are many occasions when it's the best tactic to use.
    2. Killer shouldn't camp someone or facecamp them. Okay, I have no issues with the facecamp part but there are again perfectly legitimate reasons to proxy camp, in particular in the endgame.

So already your rules that "everyone can agree on" don't meet that criteria. It all hinges on your definition ending with "when it comes to playing fairly".

Playing fairly is not cheating or abusing exploits as defined by the devs.

Anything else is perfectly legit.

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    Options
  • ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 353
    Options

Does it stop killers from Camping/Tunneling/Using Perks? No. Just some killers who are afraid of end game chat from foolish survivors being cheeky. But some have taken to this mysterious "Survivor Rulebook" as there actually is one, there isn't.

• Phantom_
    Options

IDK man, it's up to BHVR to prove it's worth the pennies! 🤔😈