You literally can't play knight at high MMR

He's honestly so bad it's ridiculous. He has to be one of the most survivor friendly killers they've ever released. I'm not saying that in a "Devs are survivor sided" way, I'm talking about his actual design itself can't contest the top level survivors. Information is power in DBD and he gains f all information but gives tons.

His power is not only awful, it's painful. You can't see the survivors but they can see you making the path, they can hear you making a path. The guards take too long to activate. since they can also hear and see you making a path on top of their activation the survivors are gone by the time you're done setting it up holding forward. They're slow af, they're dumb af. They get stuck all the time. They can see the guards auras as they're patrolling and the Path the guards are patrolling.

It's harder to do but they can also take the banner and get a speed boost and endurance.

The power is also clunky af. There's so many points where you're not allowed to use it. Critical moments like windows or pallets. He has to step back. It takes a hot second to start channeling it and it feels like the orbs a drop-down than a spawn in with the camera angle. You can get stuck on things when you're trying make a path and on controller at least let me tell you, it can be f'ing hard to get out of being stuck in a wall or object. It's like spirit phase, but he's drunk and has all the nerfs spirit mains have nightmares about at the same time.

He gets fat shamed at loops at times or in chase he can't fit through things. He's loud af as he stomps around.

He feels rushed for the Christmas sales and he's just obscenely weak overall. At the higher levels of play where swfs rule and survivors sweat non stop he literally gets nothing but hardcore stomped outside of camping. He's a good camper but that's it and that only goes to show how yet again, bad he is.

The only place he can be decent is at the lower ranks of play where most of the player base is. That can be the only place he can thrive. Where no one has a clue what's happening and are learning the game.

He CANNOT contest the top level of play in his current state. You might get the one game here or there if you're really lucky or the survs F up big time. But he genuinely can't compete with them.

Comments

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810

we will see if BHVR listens to us and removes all that stuff we said to remove in the PTB feedback alredy but they didnt... Why did they not? no clue.

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415

Thats just false. Spookyloopz did a video a few months ago that shows how strong hold w can be if you know what your doing.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

I'm mediocre at killer and I'm getting matched against 50+ prestige sweat teams every lobby all bringing the strongest stuff. Where are the mediocre survivors???

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415

if its a strong strat(can be) then it doesnt mean the killer is trash. So that is not what you are saying.

• Veinslay

Lol that sounds like a ScottJund take. Every killer has to take ridiculous amounts of skill to have a chance to do decent while survivor takes basically zero skill whatsoever to win

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,286

dbd in nutshell. auto-pilot free wins as survivor. Sweat all day with weak killer powers that lack skill expression from killer end. Knight is just joining the 80% of the killer cast.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,541

You can't play at high MMR with more than a half killers "population".

• maximo99ac
    maximo99ac Member Posts: 164

there is no high mmr since they made the changes to mm

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    edited November 2022

We were screaming this nonstop during the PTB. If you think Behaviour will start listening all of a sudden, you are sadly mistaken. You are better off requesting a refund and playing something else.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited November 2022

And killers only want to play with killers they can down everyone at 5 gens?

Stop making ridiculous comments.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

This. You don't have to be high MMR to face players at high MMR. They've tuned SBMM to be ludicrously casual in favor of queue times and mismatches are the result.

• Veinslay

Yeah basically the entire playerbase is "high MMR" now along with the backfilling logic where it shoves literally anyone into an open spot if someone dodges. Everytime I queue up, I wait 3 minutes to get shoved in a lobby with 4 survivors already readied up, all have medkits, and multiple will be P50+. Someone obviously dodged this lobby and the game thinks mediocre console killer would be a great fit! It's so dumb. Then I have to dodge and wait 3 more minutes to try to get something I'm actually matched to

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

good, you have other killers to play high mmr

not every killer needs to be a high mmr efficient killer

that's why there are killers with different levels from "easy to very hard"

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

Best thing you can do in the long run is take your lumps in those lobbies and learn from it. Eventually you'll reach a point where the matchmaking won't matter for you.

• Veinslay

I mean that would be better advice if I was on PC, but I'm playing on console, there is a hard skill cap you can reach. You can't hug loops as tight, there's frame rate drops and stutters, you get spun easily, the best killers are so difficult to use that they're basically unplayable like Blight, Trickster, Nurse, Huntress because of controller deadzones and low sensitivity

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

First of all there is no high mmr, since above the soft cap everybody is considered to be at that, then again when you have a longer queue the range of mmr that gets matched with you increases and after x amount of time you will get a game regardless of how balanced it is to prevent too long queue times...

Wesker was very well designed strong killer most people consider to be A tier... Hens did a showcase with him and some of his comp friends and the Wesker did decent , sure not as strong as Nurse, Spirit or Blight but still really good.

Not really dude, I like going against Nurse, Blight, Huntress, Wesker for example... But I do not think I should be able to loop a killer for that long unless he is far worse than me...

Especially since high mmr doesn't even exist in the way people think it does xD

First once again there is no high MMR... But then so we actually have something we can work with ... The following picture is a comp tierlist from Knightlight... you can get it from his twitch with !tierlist at https://www.twitch.tv/knightlight He is a comp player currently playing for Team Eternal, the best comp team at the moment:

According to that I guess we could say that at least A tier is still somewhat viable... And that is comp... Which is completely different from what you imagine high mmr is... Because of that source I would think that this is quite accurate for a comp setting... So Wesker is the 7th best killer in the game... But yeah sure, BHVR does not make killers that are good in "HiGh MmR" anymore...

• Veinslay

Comp and "high MMR" aren't the same thing. Comp you can't stack perks and items like crazy. I'm routinely matched in lobbies with all green/purple medkits, 4 dead hards, 1 CoH, a gen rushing build, etc etc. You can't compete with that #########

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442
    edited November 2022

Name me any killer that isn't nurse or spirit (and MAYBE blight) that can compete against this:

And if you say: "But those are super rare, not every team is like that" you can basically leave the conversation now, because that is not an excuse for game balance to be like this. Just because something is rare, doesn't mean it is balanced.

We could create a hypothetical scenario that a killer offering exists that:

• Permanently gives the killer 300% movement speed
    • Permanently reveals the aura of all survivors
    • Permanently exposes all survivors.
    • Allows all survivors to immediately be mori'd

And this offering appears with a 0.1% chance in the bloodweb, making it so you'd see this offering in 1 out of every 1000 games. This offering would not be fair or balanced just because its "rare"

• Archol123

And in comp some addons are also not allowed like MDR for example... I'm not sure on that one but I once heard range addons on nurse are also not allowed... But the point is in comp you are guaranteed to go against reeeeally good survivors while in normal matchmaking you are mostly going against average players.

• Veinslay

You don't need to be more than average to be good at survivor lol. Just hard split on gens, hold W and pre-drop pallets. Bring strong items. You can't waste pallets, there are a million on every map. It's not hard.

• Archol123
    edited November 2022

This example is just so terrible... You have variety of players of different skill in this game... It is not comparable to such a trash offering dude... If you buff something with the intention of making it more viable against average players it might be oppressive vs good or bad players... The question is what group are you balancing for? They should balance for the biggest group of players and those are players of average skill... And when considering that basically any killer is viable because those players are just not that good. On the other hand your offering is just terrible design regardless of skill and not impacted by it whatsoever... So maybe go find a different hypothetical example of bad balanced things...

You have god nurses, Blights and Spirits on the one side and comp survivor squads on the other side... Both are equally rare and you will really not see them often... But what are you gonna do about that? There is no way to balance it for everyone... A comp nurse can loose against a comp 4 mansquad and most killers just have it harder... To bring back the comp tierlist... We can assume that A Tier killers could also make it, but have it harder and everything below is probably rather unreasonable... It is just not possible to make every killer equally viable on every skill level... And honestly I don't even want that... Imagine a killer as easy to play/master as legion being able to compete against the best survivor players in the world with a reasonable chance to win... You would not even need to be close as good as those guys to master legion, how would that be fair?

"And if you say: "But those are super rare, not every team is like that" you can basically leave the conversation now, because that is not an excuse for game balance to be like this. Just because something is rare, doesn't mean it is balanced."

Once again sure, but you cannot have it all... You cannot have an equally balanced game at all levels. And therefore I'd rather have it balanced for the majority of players.

"Name me any killer that isn't nurse or spirit (and MAYBE blight) that can compete against this:"

Artist, Twins, Plague and Pyramid Head are played in comp so I guess them as well? I don't really understand what you mean dude xD

The killer players are comp players and two of the survivors from your video above are also competing in this as survivers: Hens333 and Laser the other two are also really good survivor players. Otzdarva also says at the beginning of the video that those two killers are "very common in tournaments these days"... So I guess that answers your question fairly well...

• Reinami
    edited November 2022

I knew it, you immediate jump to the "its rare" every single time. I'm not gonna engage in a conversation with you if you are going to be so disingenuous. But i'll leave you with this.

If they balance around the "average" player. Where are my nurse buffs then?

You don't get to play it both ways. Nurse is BY FAR the worst killer in the game, so based on this they need to buff:

• Nurse
    • Trickster
    • Billy
    • Demo
    • Doctor
    • Trapper

And nerf:

• Cenobite
    • Onroyo
    • Wesker
    • Freddy
    • Pig
    • Plague
    • Dredge

I'll be waiting for more pig nerfs then.

And if your arugment is bUt NuRsE hAs A 50% KiLl RaTe!!!!

Then i'll be waiting for them to nerf literally every killer.

• Archol123

Can you not ignore the point where I point out that it is not about it being rare alone but the inability to balance it for everyone at the same time? Jesus dude...

And also your set of Data does not really differ that much from the highest 5% mmr as much as you might think/might want people to think... Because the matchmaking goes for queue time over balance in matches a very large amount of people even though they are fairly different in skill or mmr can get matched together... What this basically means is your average player will go against Alfs Nurse or LilithOmens blight as survivor but you could also get matched as a killer vs Hens333 or Ayrun when they play survivor... The matchmaking is so all over the place that we cannot assume much from it...

Also you wrote "Onryo" wrong dude...

Not getting it both ways is exactly the issue I pointed out, but for some reason you either didn't even read my explanation or you just ignored it because it does not fit your narrative...

• Archol123

Why would you even engage in a conversation when you just ignore basically everything the other person writes dude? Save your time and talk to a mirror if you don't want a disagreeing statement...

• Reinami
    edited November 2022

Because i started by saying: "here is my opinion, and you can't say X because here is the refutation of that" then you immediate say: "But X" without refuting anything i said. Then you ignore my previous point because you are clearly showing your survivor bias. You think that survivors should be stronger, that is fine, but that is clearly what you think, because you can hold only 1 of 2 possible views:

1. This game should be balanced around the highest level of play, which means survivors as a whole need massive nerfs, or killers need massive buffs, and nurse needs nerfs.
    2. This game should be balanced around the largest group (the average) of players, which means that survivors are fine, and nurse needs buffs.

You cannot mix the 2, they are mutually exclusive. If you want to mix the 2, then you are either biased for killers or survivors, and you are clearly biased toward survivors. Since you aren't willing to address that, you are discussing this from a disingenuous point of view. Thus there is no point in continuing.

• Archol123

First of all I play both sides equally but proably played more killer than survivor over all... I think that the game should be balanced for the largest group and it is not biased not want a buff for nurse... Why even? Nurses entire concept is different from every other killer in the game... With every other killer you can just play them as a basic m1 killer and learn their power step by step without being completely reliant on the power to get hits in the first place... This does not apply to nurse however and since her power is quite hard to controll when you begin to play her there will be a lot of players that perform rather bad with her until they get a clue of what to do... Many people probably don't even go through until they know what to do and get frustrated before... That's how I explain myself that nurse has the lowest killrate... Average Nurses can be looped and are fairly in the middle with 2-3 ks... God nurses will basically stomp every game and beginner nurses will barely get 1k unless they use noed or so... If we now take into account the different numbers of players in this category it probably will ad up to the numbers we got....

Having a sense of what is balanced and what is not does not necessarily imply a bias towards one side... I play both sides and want both of them to be fun to play as and go against... What is in for me otherwise? I can be on both sides of this thing so why would I want it unbalanced?

As for an example of what balance might impact depending on skill level... When we look at maps and pallets... Good survivors are rather efficient with pallets and won't need as many to loop the killer for some time as worse players... But if we balance around the top and maps only have as many pallets as really good survivors need we will have maps like shelter woods with like 7 pallets if you're lucky... (Yes it depends on the killer you go against if you can be efficient with pallets or not...) When we balance around bad players we need cowshed or the game amount of pallets since they basically camped every pallet and waited there for you to come and kick it... At least when I started playing this game a few years back it was like that... Because both options are rough on many players we need to go somewhere in the middle...

I don't really see why you should not be able to mix the options? The issue is that even when we look at the top 5% mmr they still go against the rather average players... top 5% does not get matched with top 5% so this messes up all the data... Especially the over all killrates... If we had matchmaking that matches people equally to skill there might be some truth in that (would need to properly think about this) but as it is now I don't think we can just take kill rates as an indicator for how good a killer is....

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

and this is why everyone only plays blight/nurse/spirit. Why play a killer like Knight when theyll be rendered useless in about 10 good games?

• Archol123

High MMR does not exist how often do you guys need to hear it? Matchmaking does not work in a way that would make it possible to appropriately match you with similiar mmr players after you've reached a certain amount... And for queue times sake after a certain amount of time you will just get a game...

Seriously if guys only want to win and not play anything different or fun even though it is weaker that's really sad... I could never do more like 5-10 matches on the same killer before getting really tired of him... It is not only about strenght but also about fun...

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

not once did i mention mmr. my main killer is a c tier and after one or two good games im paired against the biggest ######### tryhards. i want fair games, whether i win or not. i want to be able to put up a fight, not stomp/get stomped.

• roundpitt
    edited November 2022

Wesker was weak when they released him. You would hit a survivor with his power but pass through them without doing damage. The collision box was too small.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 964

There's also another detail: survivors can see whenever his power is ready and what is the next guard he will summon, because the symbol representing them appears floating in his arm, so anyone close enough can see.

• Archol123

Yeah but you said something about after ten games... Which would imply to me that you think after ten games your matches will get harder... Don't know man, usually it is just a map or map spawn problem...

• Archol123

Yes, and it got fixed soon after... so what is the point? I'm not really sure which way around it was... I believe on the ptb he had double the collision box that he had after release and then they went in between those two values for the final version right? And I would only consider that a minor flaw that they had on their radar pretty much immediatly and got fixed soon... So I don't see how that changes something about him being a well designed killer?

• Archol123

Yeah, but then again those guards basically all do the same and are not different enough to be only used to their strenght...

• roundpitt
    edited November 2022

He wasn’t well designed when they released him. They gave him a huge nerf after the PTB which was a knee jerk reaction. It was painfully obvious they didn’t even test it.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 964

Well, if the Knight has the Carnifex ready, you can predict the next pallet will be broken faster. It's situational, but it can make a difference.