Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors revealing your location to the killer?

So I just had a game on MacMillian. The map with the two story house in the middle, cant remember the exact name. I did the generator upstairs, came down stairs, heard the killer coming so I hid in a nearby locker. A Meg I was playing with saw me but the killer didnt, but she stopped mid chase to point at the locker I was in before going down. Naturally the killer checked the locker she pointed at and I was hooked, then the other 2 went down after while I was hanging and she was slugged and we were all screwed.

Seriously why do other people do this? I could've saved her when he left her on the ground or unhooked her safely. This was pretty much right at the start of the match. But no apparently she was pissed because I didn't stand there like an idiot while she ran into the room with the killer right behind her. This just reminds me why I hate playing solo and not SWF tbh.

This has obviously happened to others so how do you deal with other survivors "betraying" you? Or worse, actively working with the killer?

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Honestly, I end up getting them both at some point in my lobby and I bring a big fat mori for them. If I see both of them it's a team mori. Write their names somewhere and check the names of everyone in ur lobby and the past names. If u find them, give them hell. You can tunnel too if u got no moris.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    One time I unhooked this Dwight. The Billy player was blind as a bat so I hid in the grass (as Claudette) on the Swamp map (it was a stupid decision in hindsight to hide in that place). Dwight kept looping him around me and when Billy was going for a swing on Dwight, it hit me then I got downed and hooked. Dwight then sat by the hook and teabagged and got me down at the VERY LAST second before struggle phase.

Me being petty, would not let him heal me...I tried healing myself on the big boat. Dwight then continuously fast vaulted a window to bring Billy over to me. I lost him then Dwight got downed. I finished my heal, teabagged him, pointed at him, and left through the gates. Dwight ended up dying.

That was my little story on toxic teammates trying to get me killed.
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    you definitely can't expect every killer to be like this, but if I find a survivor intentionally trying to ######### over their teammate like that, I will do everything I can to kill the snitch and let the other go free. 
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

One time a Nea pointed at me while I was hiding behind some bamboo at Yamaoka’s State to a Myers that was chasing her. Myers came after me and downed me. When he picked me up, Nea ran in front of him, pointed again and teabagged. He dropped me, downed her and hooked her and he let me get the hatch

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

When I was new to the game, playing on Xbox, I had never experienced survivors working with the killer so I didn't understand what was going on when my teammates went down so fast. I was against the hag and she was working with a Dwight. Of course he had bond, so he was going around the map pointing us all out and saving us from the hook just to be downed again. I ended up DC'ing from that match. I remember being really p*ssed off. I ended up in lobby with the Dwight again, I left a warning message for everyone and left of course. I don't think anything would come of reporting him without proof.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    haha I love doing that
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Snitches get stitches ... err ... Ratters get .. splattered??? ... ANYWAY! I tunnel people who rat out their fellow team mates. That's just bad form. I'm a Killer yes, but i dont like free meals. If I'm on survivor and that happens I never come to their aid.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2018

Ratting out other survivors to save your own ass is okay I think. It's part of the game, too many survivors think of themselves as a team. You're not a team, you're a group of survivors. If I can rat you out with Bond and save myself I probably will, especially if I feel like you are just leeching off the rest of the group.

However, working with the killer is different. I define that as it being a set up, where both players agreed to work together before the game starts. I've had that sort of thing before and that's super lame. If the killer refuses to kill the rat then they are probably working together. If the killer is just as willing to kill the rat as they are the others then it's okay. A bit lame, but okay.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2018

@Onionthing said:
    Snitches get stitches ... err ... Ratters get .. splattered??? ... ANYWAY! I tunnel people who rat out their fellow team mates. That's just bad form. I'm a Killer yes, but i dont like free meals. If I'm on survivor and that happens I never come to their aid.

The thing is maybe they are ratting out the guy that's just hiding in lockers all game and just letting them do the work. Or a guy that makes unsafe rescues just for WGLF tokens. Or the guy that ratted them out at the start of the game in a way you might not have noticed. Or the guy that stole their item somehow (maybe with the "heal me but then I drop an item to trick you into dropping your item" bait). Or the guy that is sandbagging the team by failing gens. Or maybe the guy was their killer in a previous game and mori spammed them or something.

Ratting out someone isn't explicitly something you do if you are toxic. Sometimes it's retaliation to someone else's toxicity. And there are so many things survivors can do to other survivors without the killer even knowing.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30

This has happened to me rarely on and off.

It was all streamers and their viewers/followers/subs who would do that to me. For no good reason.

The whole 'influencer" thing can be exploited to make other lesser knowns not have a good time which is why I wonder what they would do if they were in the same shoes.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

its for the lols

try taking it more lightly

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I have had a few games where Dwights would deliberately try to get the killer to get you and another where a Tapp literally boxed me in so the killer would get me, but none quite like the game I had with this bald Dwight (seriously is that the calling card for douchenuggets?) who literally made it his mission to screw me over.

Like he would not stop following me, he kept teabagging, he would blow up gens I was on, deliberately try to block my path with the killer in sight, open lockers I was in, teabag my dying body, teabag my hook, it was to the point I would have let the killer kill me but thankfully the Doc caught on and he let me go while letting the Dwight suffer. 
  • TheCatLady
    TheCatLady Member Posts: 60
    Brady said:

its for the lols

Sorry, sometimes I forget how immature this community can be. I'll try remember it's all "for teh lulz" next time :) 
  • junkevil
    junkevil Member Posts: 25

Avoid playing solo queue near rank 1 and if you do, dodge SWF groups. This stuff is sadly pretty common in higher ranks, and killers go along with it pretty much every time, especially if you were able to run them at all before you got downed. The only way to ensure killers don't work with survivors to troll you is to run in a 4 man SWF.

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    I actually have a story! Or two...

Once we were playing against MM (too lazy to spell out his name lmao) and i got hit or downed/hooked, don't know don't care. Anywho, I had Self Care, so I could heal myself after. This Kate Denson(?) wanted to heal me, but she sucked at skill checks, so I just ran away. I was healing and she was jumping in and out of a locker for Michael to come over, so when he did, she got down, DC'd and I escaped ^¬^.

Another, I was playing against Legion, Joey to be exact, and he was a fairly good player, I was injured and hiding when Kate (wow pattern??? *X-files theme music*) ran by and didn't give me a chance to run, I got downed, but he let me escape. She saved a Claudette, got downed (after everyone escaped) and died.

Karma?
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Actually if someone does this to me (with recent aura reading changes) i laugh at it xD
    I mean it's pretty funny. Also if the killer is being funny with this too

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@TheCatLady said:
    So I just had a game on MacMillian. The map with the two story house in the middle, cant remember the exact name. I did the generator upstairs, came down stairs, heard the killer coming so I hid in a nearby locker. A Meg I was playing with saw me but the killer didnt, but she stopped mid chase to point at the locker I was in before going down. Naturally the killer checked the locker she pointed at and I was hooked, then the other 2 went down after while I was hanging and she was slugged and we were all screwed.

Seriously why do other people do this? I could've saved her when he left her on the ground or unhooked her safely. This was pretty much right at the start of the match. But no apparently she was pissed because I didn't stand there like an idiot while she ran into the room with the killer right behind her. This just reminds me why I hate playing solo and not SWF tbh.

This has obviously happened to others so how do you deal with other survivors "betraying" you? Or worse, actively working with the killer?

If you're uninjured, you really shouldn't be hiding in lockers. It's two hits (or chainsaw/insta-down) while out, but you have an opportunity to loop and run while out. If you're in a locker and he guesses the right one, that's it. Given the situation (he was chasing someone down and probably had tunnel vision), it would be better to run out when you saw them approaching or heard the heartbeat. I'm guessing your vision wasn't obstructed due to you reacting by getting into a locker. It's always good to know where the killer is and what they're doing, though.

As I don't usually hide in lockers, I don't usually have issues with people doing that stuff, but I have had people farm me from time to time. A Claudette in end game actually admitted to just trying to farm everyone and kill them off, though thankfully the killer was nice and didn't tunnel off of hook. Another time, a Jake was doing the same. It makes the games so short. -w- Gives very little points, too.

@junkevil How do you avoid SWF?

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

It's happened to me before, seems like people who want to lul and farm do that. I dunno why people would do that because there's 2 roles I usually play in a group: Gen Rusher or Chase Decoy who usually ends up being camped, tunneled and camped again. Either way I'm contributing to the team as best as I can in that game so I can't see why people would do that to me out of spite.
    I tend to get in games with randoms who are super slow and stealthy or swf who would rather run the killer into me so they can genrush and plunder through chests together. So I hate being a survivor with randoms though that's how I play this game a good 70% of the time as survivor. If I do play this game swf, I usually have only 1 friend and it's just as toxic for us if we end up in a game with another group of 2 swf because they tend to not be team players and want us to be scapegoats and most of my 2swf+2swf games end up with my friend and I chasing the life out of a killer, the other swf ignoring us and doing gens while crouching around as if it isnt obvious by our constantly moving state icon that the killer is too busy for them to be crouching around and then freaking one or both of us dying by being camped or unable to save each other and the other people still ignoring us to finish gens and do gates. My friends are killer mains too so it puts them off from swf with me.

but yeah, I think people not trying to help each other off the hook to genrush the final gens and leave is more common than snitching. Or maybe its just on PS4

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2019

@Brady said:
    its for the lols

Yeah, uh. The only matchmade mode in this game is ranked and your progression is based on how well you don't get caught by the killer.

If someone does this to me in KYF I'll take it lightly because neither rank nor bloodpoints are being lost because some twatwaffle wants to get his jollies by sabotaging the game.

I report them in the postgame screen, and if I'm the killer I tunnel these types hard.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Kurisataru said:>
    but yeah, I think people not trying to help each other off the hook to genrush the final gens and leave is more common than snitching. Or maybe its just on PS4

How many times people haven't come for me is maddening, I swear. It's just as bad on PC. Why I attempt to avoid going down as no one can go "is anyone going for the hook?" Maybe Kindred would help, but I can't be asked to bring a perk that's only good for when I'm on a hook as I'm unlikely to get off in a timely manner or may even be farmed. I'd rather stay off the hook.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Avariku said:
    you definitely can't expect every killer to be like this, but if I find a survivor intentionally trying to [BAD WORD] over their teammate like that, I will do everything I can to kill the snitch and let the other go free. 
    I will always try to kill them all. I like it when they are not coordinated