Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you change your build against a SWF

I've seen some people say that when you're in the lobby of a match, you should be able to see if you're against a SWF or not. So my question to everyone is would you have a separate build for SWFs and Solo Q's. Do you think BHVR should allow us to see if we're against a SWF or solo group?

I enjoy using perks like Trail of Torment and other perks that are weak against SWFs but and good/fun against solos. I also don't try harding as much when I know I'm against a bunch of solos.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

Probably. The likelihood of being able to use gen regression at all goes way down when it's a SWF, so I'd probably just switch to Corrupt/Deadlock/No Way Out, since nothing else is guaranteed.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

I do not think there should be a difference between Solo-Q and SWF. I play both sides and yes while the SWF has a huge advantage, not all SWF uses voice chat or any other device and not all of them are doing map offerings and etc... However, I admit that I hate it when the whole SWF team chooses the map because I knew that moment my game will be much harder and less enjoyable because they know where they are going and they took the related perks while my killer can be map dependent and some perks really shine at some maps while the others not.

I think BHVR needs to remove the map offerings which give quite an advantage to a group of survivors if they are friends. Other than that most of the SWFs are quite balanced and fine in my opinion.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I would not. Most (I'm assuming we're talking full) SWFs I encounter, though unsettling at first because they're more coordinated than the teams I'm used to, have their own faults. They're too altruistic, or unwittingly lead me to their friends when they want to group up and heal.

So my usual builds would be fine. Most times they are, at least to get a couple kills. I'm not aiming for consistent 4K.

And if my build and skill is not enough ? And the team is very, very much better than my normal level ?

Then good for them ! I'll get some chase practice, and then they'll rise up in mmr and I'll go back to my regular sweeties. =)

• StickyB
    StickyB Member Posts: 96

I agree that a lot of people would dodge lobbies, but that's why I'd propose a 2 minute lobby dodge system. Or something to stop you just dodging lobbies all day.

• StickyB

I agree that BHVR need to work on others things and not my hypothetical. Survivors bringing map offerings do take a toll on most killer mains I know and I think BHVR need to just fix the map disparity.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I wouldn't change my build even if I knew the other side was a SWF (which I personally don't think we should know that as that promotes lobby discrimination). I have fun with my builds and so that's all I need. I do think that soloq needs to be buffed to SWF level though in terms of communication.

• StickyB

I meant it either way, but I agree that I think more killers would be nice vs solos

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

I don't run builds that rely on misinformation or surprise, so I wouldn't change it. I run maybe 5 or 6 total perks for all my killers. Corrupt/Bamboozle/Lethal/Pain Res/Agi depending on who I'm playing. That's it.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,211

As other have said, most cases killers would just lobby dodge a SWF. So being able to see SWF would almost certainly lead to SWF discrimination. And I say discrimination, because it's 'not all SWFs'. There are many SWF who don't even use voice chat, or are simply bad at survivor, or at the very least, they're a mix of skill levels and they play together because they're friends.

There are much better metrics for detecting a 'sweaty survivor team', and it's not just if they're a preformed lobby. Things like matching names, particularly matching meme names, and swapping to all flashlights at 6s, are much better indicators.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Yes, if only because certain perks/addons/entire powers are disproportionately affected by communication, so I would avoid those when possible. I'm also not a fan of lobby shopping, so if i played multiple games in a row with them I'd probably just bail back over to survivor.

• MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278

For me It doesn’t matter one way or the other, I’m usually just playing on my phone until the game starts, and rarely even look at the survivors in the lobby. I prefer facing SWF’s anyway. I enjoy the challenge. When I face a solo Q I don’t usually play hard, and let a few of them go if they try their best. With a SWF it’s all out from the jump because I know they can handle it.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,855

Typically no, but if it's a full flashlight squad, I pull in my Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, Sloppy Butcher, and Distressing. Usually sends them into an absolute panic.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,859

For us no. We will stick with our theme builds and still punch swfs teeth in (most are casuals, ttv squads, or failures of bullies...mostly the latter 2). While survivors could see if they're playing with other solos or swfs with alot less issue, killers should not know except for maybe after the trial as there would be massive lobby dodging (there would be survivors dodging with the info but we hope there would be less than if killer could see).

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 333

not even 4 of the best perks will save me against a squad that is genuinely good

• StickyB

But you don't know if they're a SWF? So how do you determine who's solo Q and who's SWF?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Probably, but I never do anyway.

• MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278

It’s really easy once you start playing to know if you’re playing a SWF or not. If someone runs out to immediately grab your attention, the chances are there that you may be facing a SWF especially if there are more than one of them.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Nope because as of right now these are perks SWF expect: Eruption, DMS, Lethal, Pain Res, Call of Brine.

I don’t run any of those, except CoB sometimes. My only “gen perk” is Corrupt and it’s usually enough for me.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

I'd tweak my build. My demo build include TOTH and distressing for more BP. Against a swf I'd switch those out for something like lightborn or franklins. I base my playstyle around how the survivors play. If they genrush I play sweaty. If they take their time then I ease off the throttle, enjoy my chases a bit more and avoid killing anyone until 2 gens remaining.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,504

With some killers I would.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

i change only one perk if i see an obvious SWF. I add Blood Warden to my kit.

Because that perk works only on swfs, their altruism is their doom

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

In my experience the only people you have to worry about have a public steam profile. Good survivors are few and far between even more so for console and epic gamers. That is just my personal experience though.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Main difference for me would be playing with or without addons.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I ll put moris on just encase they are the bodyblocking, boil over flashlighting squads, 6 hooks is the target then. Won't change perks, addons or playstyle, just the mindset that the match will likely be difficult and to expect Kleenex tissues one way or another 😅

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

if i knew it was a 4man swf id bring terminus and bloodwarden since i know they arent leaving anyone behind and thats the only way id be able to secure more than 1 kill

id also bring the best addons i could and a mori for the best tunneling experience

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

depending on what they have yes

but most of the time i change the addons to more of tryhardy ones

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Nah, i already checked profiles out of boredom in the past and didn't do anything.

Lightborn was a staple on all my killers. Would've been even moreso nowadays with bbq having been killed, BP wise.

And either they are tryhards and would cream my anyway or they are casual and I wouldn't need it anyway.