Am I the only one this happens to??

Options

i don’t understand why there are interactive objects RIGHT next to windows. I can’t even count on two hands how many times I’ve died trying to loop in shack and accidentally started repairing the gen. Same thing with those annoying totem spots that are RIGHT next to the windows (on rpd, etc). I literally looped and started cleansing the totem instead of vaulting. Just the other day I was versing a freddy on garden of joy and instead of vaulting the window I started waking myself up from the dream state. They are INCREDIBLY close, they give you like 0 room from the window. Recently I played on RPD and the hatch was RIGHT in front of a locker and it wasn’t easily trying to get the “escape through hatch” prompt to appear, I can’t imagine how pissed I’d be if I jumped in the locker with the killer right behind me and ended up losing.

is there a way to change these prompts? I know there’s an interactions and an actions button but will that change all of these problems or just some? It seems stupid to literally HAVE to change your buttons because the devs make it impossible to keep it default due to their bad layouts. And as maps release, there literally starts to be more things right next to windows etc

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

You can change your survivor controls.

Actions are vaults, pallets, and lockers.

Interactions are everything else like repairing, healing, cleansing, unhook, Pinhead chains, etc.

After you change the buttons the only thing that can screw you up is someone dying with item on basement hook and someone else getting hooked on same hook - can go to pick up item instead of unhook if not paying attention. Can't change that though because "pick up item" is tied to the interaction button instead of the "drop item" button.