Killer Concept: The Fisherman

Options
CalledCervidae
CalledCervidae Member Posts: 22

Perhaps many people have already given their take on a sort of fisherman character. I, would like to throw my stylish hat into the ring, and see what people think.

Power: Perfect Catch
Thrust your fishing spear forward 5 meters. If it hits a survivor, bring them down 1 health state and pull them back 1 meter for 1 second. If the survivor hits their back on something, it applies a 30 second non refresh able non stack able mangled debuff. Add-ons can increase range at the cost of cool-down, or stun the survivor longer. Wiping blood off the spear will take longer than M1.

Perks:
Cleave: You know how to swing your weapon just right. When another survivor is within 1/2/3 meters of a survivor when hit, both survivors will lose a health state. In order for affect to apply, survivors must be in your POV.

Tides of Fate: You know where the fish gather. When within 5/10/15 meters of a generator, show the aura of a survivor that is actively working on a generator for 3 seconds. Cooldown is 20 seconds.

Salt and Wound: The oppurtunity for a catch brings you energy. When in a chase, gain bloodlust 1/3/5 seconds faster. At level 3, breaking pallets no longer consumes bloodlust.

I want to make the perks powerful, but not too powerful. Feel free to tell me if the ranges need a buff, a nerf, or if they seem balanced.

I also have a design for him. Think: a tall, middle aged man. A strap across his shoulder. chains across his chest. A dirt colored peasant shirt and faded red baggy pants. Bare feet, and his face is obscured by an over the head otter pelt.

Please feel free to give feedback. Anything constructive would be appreciated.

Comments

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

I might put tides of fate on a longer cool-down but all of these ideas are really solid and I love them.

• CalledCervidae
    Options

I appreciate the feedback. What would you say would be a suitable cooldown?

• Techn0
    edited May 2018
    Options

@CalledCervidae said:
    I appreciate the feedback. What would you say would be a suitable cooldown?

Nothing too extreme, maybe around 30 seconds instead of 20. Mainly thinking of how this would work on Billy.

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    Options

Leaked concept art for Fisherman killer:

• Techn0
    Options

@ZiNc said:

Actually this was it.

• ZiNc
    Options

@Techn0 said:

@ZiNc said:

Actually this was it.

+1 Attention to detail is amazing. Feels like I've seen it somewhere... meh, must just be my imagination

• CalledCervidae
    Options

Im laughing so hard right now tbh

• CalledCervidae
    Options

I do actually have a design for him, if you want me to post that as well.

• ZiNc
    Options

@CalledCervidae said:
    Im laughing so hard right now tbh

Gonna have to ask you to take this killer concept art seriously, sir/miss. As you can tell, a lot of work went into it.

• CalledCervidae
    Options

I apologize, lost myself for a moment there. Yes, it's very nice.

• Techn0
    edited May 2018
    Options

@CalledCervidae said:
    I do actually have a design for him, if you want me to post that as well.

Yes please. I love to see how people design their characters.

• CalledCervidae
    Options

It's somewhat rough, and I got a commissioner to draw it up for me based on the original design text.(Credit to Trash-Muffin for the drawing)
    https://sta.sh/0ubu8ha5gd9

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options

I made a killer idea called the fish and a second after I saw The Fisherman lmao.
    Fishing spear as a weapon is a really nice idea.