Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How a rework to hexes could nerf Boons

I've always had the idea that killers should be able to place their hexes, similar to how you'd snuff a boon: walk up to dull totem, interact, lights the totem with a hex. All dull totems would be highlighted x colour while you have a hex available to place.

This would give killers more control over their hex placements so they're not cleansed in 30 seconds. The order you place your hex perks, would be the order you select them in the perk menu before the game, meaning there's some strategy to picking the order.

However the most prevalent part would be, survivors would want to actively cleanse dull totems instead of ignoring them for their boon player, and their boon player will have to decide if it's worth it as if the killer finds it they may snuff it and replace it with Haunted or Retribution. The devs have said they wanted to add boons to give the survivors another side objective, well this would add to the risk of the side objective.

Minor changes to some perks would be Haunted needing 2 tokens to visualise that you need to place a second one (you'd lose your tokens if 1 haunted got cleansed) but this change also means you can use Undying + Haunted to get double Haunted value and then place your 3rd hex.

I think something like this would result in boons feeling more balanced and hexes surviving in the end game against good teams.

Would love people's opinions on this as I feel like it doesn't nerf boons hard, just makes them easier to deal with for the killer while also potentially bringing some hexes back in to the meta.