If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

how hard to play on ps4

Options

playing dead by daylight on ps4 became painful for me. I face a huge amount of campers daily. is possible one day for devs to remove the ability of the killer to camp. it just makes the game more boring and useless to play.

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    Camping will never be removed and there are numerous strategies and perks to fight it. It's an issue of improving your platitude to win anyways.
  • mydady787
    mydady787 Member Posts: 14
    Options

try to go against camper rank one

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    mydady787 said:

I have 1,500 hours and rank one on both sides. Believe me, I've tried and succeeded against all kinds of players at rank 1.
  • mydady787
    Options

you know how it feels when the killer stays in front of you and the full team trying to save you. the killer if he wont to get you down he will tunnel you the entire game. if you have prow time you will get hit after unhook he flow you for 25 sec and then you are back on the hook. and on ps4 there is about 35% of the player are camper.

• deepred1975
    deepred1975 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Options

There really is no way to stop camping because of how the game is designed. The developers made it possible to unhook from the side, and that's about all they can do. And as Cetren said, there are perks to help you when you're playing against campers. Just deal with it like we all do.

• mr_horde83
    mr_horde83 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Cetren said:
    mydady787 said:

I have 1,500 hours and rank one on both sides. Believe me, I've tried and succeeded against all kinds of players at rank 1.
    If you have 1500 hrs and rank one both sides why are you crying about camping ??? Rank 1 juke machines....is somebody fibbing about there rank to save face?
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

@Cetren said:
    mydady787 said:

If you have not played Dead By Daylight on both platforms, you have no idea how bad the camping is on console.

It is significantly easier to hit great skill checks on PC, generators are done much faster.

Consoles suffer from horrible framerate and bad input lag, this effectively gives Killers more time to camp.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    Options

Move to pc boi

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

I have been playing on PS4 since release, this is fake news. There is little to no camping at higher ranks. You guys are just suffering from negative thought bias. I cannot even remember the last time I have been camped. It didn't happen once last season and I played it through to Rank 1.

• Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44
    Options

There already is a way to combat camping: Just do Gens.
    But if the other survivor are just sitting beside the hook and are waiting and basically taking all the pressure from the killer, yeah, why shouldn't he camp?

I'm also playing on PS4 but can't find any input lag or lag in general while playing survivor (killer is another story but there are mostly just small hiccups) and that makes it definitely not harder to hit great skill checks.
    Not that you really need to do great skill checks to punish a camper (given that he doesn't run ruin). Without great skill checks, gens take 80 seconds to be finished when you work on it alone. You alone can do a gen and a quarter (given about 15 seconds for going from one gen to the next) within the two minutes it takes for the survivor to be sacrificed. If the other two aren't brain dead and camp the hook, hoping the killer leaves, that makes almost 4 gens done (and that's everything without greats) and I kinda doubt that the survivor that gets camped spawned on the hook with the killer right next to him, so he probably gave you guys even more time.

If you are randoms, you can't say for sure that the killer is camping right away unless the hooked runs kindred or we all would finally agree that flailing with your arms on the hook means the killer is camping. But let's suppose the hooked doesn't do anything to signal to you that the killer is camping. Just finish the gen that should be almost finished, you have enough time to rescue the survivor, then run to the hook. If you notice heartbeat then yeah he probably camps or a stupid teammate is running the killer around the hook. Either way, don't run to the hook, continue doing gens.

If the other survivors are not doing gens to counter a camper, then they are simply part of the problem. Just stop rewarding campers and only the people that simply enjoy camping for camping's sake while continue to camp and I'd wager that these people are a minority.

I can't count the times where I get hooked, camped and my "teammtes" literally stop doing everything and just sit there, waiting. That makes me more mad at the other survivors than at the killer. Why shouldn't the killer camp when the whole game comes to a stop while the killer camps? Survivors basically create a mechanic for the killer in which he just needs to stand in one point and no generator progress can be achieved. Seriously, just stop feeding campers and you will only see the occasional one.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options

I'm a Rank 1 survivor on PS4 and 90% of those matches no really gets camped, unless one wants to be a so called 'toxic' survivor who always dies in the end. I don't really enjoy going through Rank reset because that's when you're met with the campers of DBD and your team mates won't complete gens, they will hide and watch you die on the hook or farm you and run away.

• mydady787
    Options

is it hard for dvs to remove camping it will make the game bitter and adding servers like all normal games

• Tizzle
    Options

@Damaho said:
    I'm also playing on PS4 but can't find any input lag or lag in general while playing survivor (killer is another story but there are mostly just small hiccups) and that makes it definitely not harder to hit great skill checks.

Let me guess, you've only played this game on PS4, right?

• Rat_Watson
    Rat_Watson Member Posts: 28
    Options

On ps4, if you get camped, it's most likely because you looped them the entire game, or just was a jerk to the killer, and that happens on all platforms. Maybe if you don't want to be camped to death; play with a swf and use borrowed time and other perks, (I know, shoot me for saying that).
    And if you can't find a way to do that, just try to change up your play style; be more stealthy.
    The devs can never solve camping, because if you are playing with the right group of survivors, they can either gen-rush, or they can all swarm the killer in hopes of saving you.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,750
    Options

@mydady787 said:

Its sad that someone who has reached rank 1 actually camps. I expect it of rank 20 killers who are new, don't know any better, and think that is the best way to win.

• Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Damaho said:

Nope, I also played it on PC before it came out on console, then switched over to console because I prefer to game on console.

• Tizzle
    Options

@Damaho said:

@Tizzle said:

@Damaho said:

Nope, I also played it on PC before it came out on console, then switched over to console because I prefer to game on console.

You seriously see no problem with the input lag and framerate on console?????

Please, play on PC again.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Damaho said:

@Tizzle said:

@Damaho said:

You seriously see no problem with the input lag and framerate on console?????

Please, play on PC again.

If you have input lag you may want to look into a gaming TV. A tv can have up to 400ms input lag. With a tv designed with gaming in mind all your games feel much smoother.

My parents have a $6,000 tv that is ######### for gaming so because you have an expensive tv doesn't mean it's good.

I play on pc abit but prefer console as well.

• Tizzle
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:
    If you have input lag you may want to look into a gaming TV. A tv can have up to 400ms input lag. With a tv designed with gaming in mind all your games feel much smoother.

My parents have a $6,000 tv that is ######### for gaming so because you have an expensive tv doesn't mean it's good.

I play on pc abit but prefer console as well.

Tested this earlier with the gaming monitor I use to play on PC.

I7 and 1080 card, 80-100 FPS and no noticeable input lag or framerate issues on PC.

Using the monitor with the PS4 same input lag and choppy framerate.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    mydady787 said:

playing dead by daylight on ps4 became painful for me. I face a huge amount of campers daily. is possible one day for devs to remove the ability of the killer to camp. it just makes the game more boring and useless to play.

Probably get camped because your a toxic player at rank 20
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Can everyone ITT please leave your PSN Tags? I need to know which ones....
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Btw this guy is full of #########, I got a 200 dollar smart tv from 2014, at this point have around 1500 hours on console, and even play with a p3 2000 nurse main who plays on console. Although there is lag at times, it is not anywhere near impossible or even difficult to play as a survivor on console. Now killer may be more difficult, depending on their power and if olid makes lag, but the since there have been improvements this game very playable on console. But PC is much smoother, still