Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers, what frustrates you in the game?

2»

Comments

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Cheaters, toxicity (insulte, death threats), the survivor rulebook, survivors with bad ping teleporting.

• ShroudedGhostFace
    ShroudedGhostFace Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 104
  • G_Hunters
    G_Hunters Member Posts: 74

I know,the thread is about "what frustrates you as a killer",but what frustrates me is linked and can be shared trough both the roles involved and not necessarily while being in game.

Well,what I find annoying to the point of frustration as a player is,how hypocrite,selfish and disrespectful a good portion of the community can be sometimes.

Players who disconnects a lot for futile reasons,players who complain that a certain perk is overpowered and unfair while using overpowered perks themselves,us vs them arguments,badmouthing in game chat (very heavy insults are often used) etc.

I don't even mind the infinite number of bugs or the questionable general balance this game have,these can be even hilarious.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

The only thing that's really aggravating is getting denied hits due to bad collision or auto aim. The first is something I should probably just learn how to play around, but normally it's coming from debris that's barely on screen.

People who send you to dumb maps and gloat about it in endgame are also kind of annoying, but it's pretty easy to shut them down by telling them something like "the fact you needed all that to win tells me enough". Don't even reply and you'll see them have a meltdown. It's funny.

• Frys_Dog
    Frys_Dog Member Posts: 93

Nothing, i've played sweaty and with a competitive mindset, and i got frustrated so many times i cannot recall, i've tried to master every killer, to learn every perk, to improve my "macrogameplay", i've completed every achievement but one and got every tome 100%, and right now, i just enjoy playing casual games, if the other team wants to sweat, is on their backs, not on me. The thing i'm doing right now is improving my skills, i'm not a good Blight, so i play Blight no perks, no addons in order to learn how to pinball arround better, i try different builds in different killers, at the en of the day is just a game, i love it, i've been playing since 2017 and i still have lots of fun. Frustration is on you, not on the game, just aproach it with the idea of having fun and to give survivors a challenge, they are fellow gamers that just try to also have a good time or have fun, you don't need to 4k every match :D

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Looping. It costs too much time. I've been able to mind game and still lose. It's not a good system at all. It needs a total rework or at least less ways a survivor can do it. That is my biggest frustration and why I resort to tunneling and camping.

I've been better in the past, but the age of the game is showing and it's getting annoying.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

How new maps became more and more unplayable and more and more survivor-sided.

Actually, I can live with Deadhard and all the normal stuff, but the maps are an issue.

• Knightenjoyer213
    Knightenjoyer213 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 18

When i summon a guard as the knight and the detection zone is 1 micrometer from the survivor

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 433

This is a problem with Billy too (heck even Trickster and Huntress's projectiles suffer from this) For some reason, with Billy and Bubba, their hitboxes during their power is taller than they are, so they'll get cucked over by leaves, twigs or even low hanging branches on some maps. It's not fun and really suffocates what should be clutch moments.

• Thralfazuz
    Thralfazuz Member Posts: 165

-Totem ######### spawns, what's the point to use Hex if they spawn like the main villain hideout in cartoons if they reworked the totem spawns alongside with the maps then it woudl be fine

-Big maps, when survivor is holding W, zzz, no wonder killers with hight mobility are better, they can catch up with survivors if they hold W

-That there is still no search bar for perks, at this point I am pretty sure BHVR won't add that because they are sure this game at any second now is going to die, so why even bother

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 433

The fact that perks associated with the character aren't on the first row of the first page is just mind-boggling to me. trying to find my killer's/survivor's associated perks when in custom matches is just irritating as all hell. Especially if it's a killer/survivor I haven't played before and I don't know what their perks look like.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Running around in circles as often as you can before you get hit is not a thrilling mechanic.

• the_honey_badger
    the_honey_badger Member Posts: 111

It's a few thing's for me, map rng plays an enormous part. There are so many instances of absurdly strong connecting tiles, cold wind (fractured cowshed) is the perfect example. You can play the tile perfectly but it doesn't matter because they have an equally strong if not a little stronger tile to run too. And I have to say when you're faced with terrible map rng it feels even worse knowing it's out of your control. Especially when you're not playing as nurse or blight where they can shut down loops very easily, it becomes just frustrating. No matter how many safe pallets you break it doesn't matter because there can be an equally strong pallet they can safely reach. So my biggest issue is map rng.

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127

I hate that people ragequit at the start of the match just because they don't like Trickster or made a mistake that got them downed and hooked early in the match. I hate playing against several Killers and yet I've never ragequit - I play the match like any other match and try my best. I get people defending ragequitters all the time by saying "You're playing Trickster that's why they ragequit lul" but there's no excuse for acting like that. You made the decision to play with four other people - stop ruining the match because you're being a brat. If the Killer is making the match unfun on purpose like slugging everyone and letting them bleed out or bodyblocking them in a corner - I can understand not having fun and wanting out. I play extremely fair - I don't camp, I don't tunnel, I don't BM, and I let people escape 98% of the time. I even help them with challenges if they ask. Yet I constantly get people ragequitting. I don't even use gen regression perks because I don't care about gens getting done and them escaping xD

Because I played SoloQ for years and had to deal with this stuff - I usually have mercy on the Survivors because they got abandoned and it wasn't their fault. I can't punish them for their teammate ragequitting. It's boring as hell for me, but I tend to sit back and let them finish gens and escape. Sometimes I'll chase them and injure them just so we get more points. I'd DC and go next if there wasn't a penalty for it.