Anyone feel like solo queue is just not worth it in the current meta?

Options
2»

Comments

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

Yes it does. If you check someone's profile assuming it isn't restricted or anything, you can see the amount of people playing with them in a lobby

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Options

It's always been equally awful.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248
    Options

The current meta is more boring than anything else. Eruption's incapacitated status is the perfect example, what else can I do except just stare at the gen while it regresses? Such thrilling gameplay.

It honestly feels like the most boring aspects of the game are becoming longer and longer, gens last forever because of regression and anti-loop killers mean that the best strat is just run from loop to loop.

Add that to the amount of games that someone gets hard tunnelled out off first hook or camped and it makes games feel hopeless.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Should the game be balanced around 4-man SWF (less than 5% of players)? I don’t want a dissertation where you try to mislead or obfuscate, I’m not looking for some long winded rationale that explains anything away. Just yes or no, please.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 345
    Options

Soloq is cannon fodder for killers. Every one SWF I get, I get at least 4 soloq matches immediately after that usually end either in a 4k or a 3+hatch.

It's why I get frustrated with forum people. Killer is precisely the role I play when I get frustrated and I wanna get a couple easy wins. And if I suspect the survivor team is a SWF I just dodge the lobby and entirely skip the d/c penalty, something I don't have the luxury to do when I play survivor.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

It depends on the SWF for me, if I have experience of them in the past and I know they like to make for a toxic experience then I skip. But I will play them if they are good but don't behave like 5 year olds...

It isn't about the winning in the role of killer, I think most killers win most of their matches and if you don't you should really be taking a good hard look at how you are playing. But is how you get that win that matters and I can win against the sweatiest toxic SWF but the win feels hollow as the process was a miserable slog of putting up with badly behaved children intentionally trying to frustrate me.

But solo queue is much easier for killers, I think we all know that

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    edited December 2022
    Options

Yes I see this a lot too though in fairness not every match as there are still people who have a shred of decency. But it happens enough to motivate me to have started this thread in the first place.

In a recent vid regarding selfishness of the DBD community, Scott Jund discussed the idea of when you see a team is struggling to perhaps consider backing off a bit as killer as it can become clear very early on that you are not going to lose the match. I realised I do exactly this without even thinking about it, I would rather everyone has a good match than be playing Nurse and slugging at 5 gens against a solo queue lobby.

So often I find killers play like every team is a full 4 man sweat squad when the reality is even most SWF's are a bunch of barely competent causal goofs

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Depends, it's a privacy option on Xbox to show or hide the games you're playing (including Achievements, time played etc.)