If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Pictures and prices of all the Winter Cosmetics leaving Jan 4th

Options
shalo
shalo Member Posts: 1,492

Use it as a checklist, use it to budget, use it to protest, use it however you like.

ยซ1

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,543
    Options

Thanks! Just wanted Mikaela and Yun-Jin's ugly sweaters but it's a handy post regardless

• shalo
    Options
  • Nazzzak
    Options

Before anyone spends their money right now - isn't there supposed to be a sale on these from Dec 22nd? I saw some mention of it not long ago. All holiday cosmetics except Deck the Trial collection

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Jake's and Yoichi's sweaters are too damn funny.

• Nazzzak
    Options

If you read the descriptions, they refer to the holidays (eg Yun-Jin's pjs were worn for a holiday theme photoshoot, and Feng's were worn for a cosy night indoors over the holidays). Seems they're just being consistent with the holiday season theme.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2022
    Options

Seasonal things should be seasonal, IMO this is a win in The War on Christmas. ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Nazzzak
    Options

People won't miss out. They'll be back next holiday season.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I had assumed this was only for newer cosmetics. This is annoying.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,317
    Options

I am just waiting for this to happen with any future themed event skins like New Year, Summer collection and Blight (Halloween) skins.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Yeah I think I will hold onto my money instead...

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,290
    Options

No hate from me. I would probably have done the same if I didnโ€™t like/had the blue jacket with the octo sweater

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

Truly disgusting, no excuse can justify time limits on digital goods.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    Options

Well because it's a traditional thing, just like the seasonal events. It would be weird to see Xmas jumpers for sale in the summer for example.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,856
    edited December 2022
    Options

I don't see a problem in having seasonal items available during that season.

But there is an issue when those items are only available for Auric Cells, as are the newer items. People who think they may not be able to buy them next year or want them before then, will be subject to FOMO, and fall prey to a predatory marketing tactic.

Really, all the Christmas sweaters should be available for free, but only at Christmas, with all the other cosmetics available for Iri Shards. None of them should be subject to the "available for Iri Shards 4 weeks later" deal, because they won't be available at all 4 weeks later, they won't be available for 11 months!

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

This was so useful, for some reason I hadn't seen Jeff's, Joey's and David's Ugly Sweaters!!๐Ÿ˜ฏ But honestly, none of them compare to Elodie and Zarina's onesies!

Genuinely wish Nemesis and Ghostface also had their own Ugly sweaters ๐Ÿ˜ข

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,225
    Options

I do not have an issue with seasonal items being available at the appropriate season either, it's just the sudden change that is concerning.

It shows they are unsatisfied with the amount of money they are getting from the store so they are adding new conditions to make people more likely to buy something. It's a bad look when the cosmetics are pretty expensive as they are so it's a bit... disappointing to think that they want more.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

Gotta say I'm really happy BHVR have implemented time-gated cosmetics, because it made the decision between getting the new Yun-Jin outfit and ugly sweaters (and proabably Zarina's onesie and Krampus too tbh) or the Pico 4 + Beat Sabre really easy. Couldn't justify purchasing everything at once and I wanna get some things in Paladins too so before Halloween it was a challenging decision.

So anyway, it's sat under my Christmas tree waiting.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

Also shout out to them removing old seasonal items they've had no trouble keeping in the store for years now. Not to mention that it costs them more effort to remove them than just keep them in the store

• BarnesFlam
    Options

...But is it really a problem about money?

Doing that at the same time as declaring all original cosmetics will be available with Iri Shards at some points doesn't make sense. That's like 2 decisions back-to-back that decreases profits, imho.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,225
    edited December 2022
    Options

Nah the shard thing was just a way to justify all limited time collections to be released with auric cells. So like when they release they release a collection for under or slightly over 4 weeks (and then do not hold up the rule anyways) so they aren't just charging auric cell only.

• shalo
    Options

It will be interesting this time next year to check prices and availability.

• Dacrenon
    Dacrenon Member Posts: 207
    Options

Should the Feng cozy break skin not be on sale with the rest of them?

• shalo
    Options

All of these are 40% off their Auric Cell price except for the Cozy Break collection, an oversight or even the store manager can't believe they're being removed as Winter outifts.

• Nazzzak
    Options

Yeah, that's fair. I just wasn't sure if you were aware :)

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Bruh were they always gonna come back the following holiday? Its a holiday skin for the holidays, people made it out to be like once the skin is out its unobtainable forever.

Give me a break.

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 175
    Options

Why are some of the pajamas available only with cells and not shards? :( I thought all original characters was both.

• BarnesFlam
    Options
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Nobody's going to hate you for that. Haha. Buy what you want.

That Yoichi sweater is S-tier. Gotta style on them default rain jacket Yoichis.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

Not really. How many holiday themed cosmetic were you buying outside of the holidays? I never bought them until the holidays as they would never go on sale until the last month of the year for a couple weeks. I'm sure there are people that have bought holiday cosmetics during the summer or spring, but I'm willing to bet it was a very, very small percentage. And I would rarely see a holiday cosmetic outside of the holiday season except for the PJs. If I was running into a straight up Christmas themed cosmetic someone was running during the summer, they were always going out of their way to be annoying or attempting to be toxic or trying to get attention.

But seriously, it isn't that big of a deal because they will be back. This actually makes them a bit more special now. The fact that there's suddenly an uproar from people that more than likely never bought them during any other time of the year proves that.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

Bro, I get being agnostic, but that is just downright satanic.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,421
    Options

Because that's what these forums do.

Kind of funny when you think about the fact of what fomo does, and what they (the people overreacting) are doing by spreading misinformation.

• BarnesFlam
    Options

Oh, because BHVR saying they wouldn't do exclusive anymore before pulling that stunt isn't misinformation?

Or annoncing all original content will be available with Iri Shards before forgetting to say there would be exception isn't misinformation either?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,041
    Options

Is this worth an F in chat?

• shalo
    Options

A reminder that the deadline is imminent.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited January 2023
    Options

I have just enough Auric cells for 1 more ugly sweater before they go.

Update: Ended up getting 2. Leon's and Ash's sweaters are both priced at 150 AC

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,658
    edited January 2023
    Options

Honestly I don't mind too much - seasonal skins only being available to purchase at seasonal times seems fine. What I'm really really disappointed about though is how BHVR went back on their word with this:

At the time I naively thought "wow, that's an amazing change and it still benefits them to do this because people will play more to earn enough shards. And full outfits take a huge amount of games to be purchasable with shards. Smart!".

Unfortunately, it looks like it has been made as an excuse to not only release all original character outfits as auric cells for the first 4 weeks, but to KEEP them as only purchasable with auric cells if they are "seasonal" skins. I was expecting at least 1 or 2 outfits to be purchasable with shards, like usual (I think), but looks like that will not be the case anymore. And that's hugely disappointing.

Not even one of these "non-licensed outfits" are available for shards. Not one! And they never will be.

What made me even more disappointed was: I thought they made this event last so long so that after 4 weeks we'd be able to finally purchase them with shards after Christmas. Which I kind of thought, that's good enough. But, no.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited January 2023
    Options

Oof, I can relate to that. I just remembered the Pajama set is going too, and I don't have enough for Mikaela's set :'(.

• BarnesFlam
    Options

Still disgusting. Really hope we got a proper clarification about these and other cosmetics blocked behind FOMO tactics during the next Q&A.

๐Ÿคฎ